Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Unexplained Mysteries and Paranormal
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 02-25-2011, 02:14 PM

2,332 posts, read 2,839,771 times

Advertisements

God died with His Gift. Your not looking for it in the right places of Health, Wealth, and Forgiveness.

But anyway; This is just the Greek restaurant experience; St. Sophia; was that a greek saint? The anthropologists outnumber for the ingreat.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-25-2011, 02:14 PM

3,331 posts, read 5,956,654 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by garya123 View Post
What do you suppose should happen to Hitler,or Starlin who tortured and killed millions, should God just sweep in under the rug. Had Hitler feared God, he whould not have done what he did. He was forwarned by the Word of Truth that showed what would happen to him if he did such things. If God did not forwarn then He would have no authority to punish. If God did not have punishment for the wicked then He could not forwarn and so what would be the point of obeying any law. The attitude would be, let's go rape, murder, and steal all that we want. God gives us free will to do right or wrong but we will also have to answer for what we do because we have been forwarned. But for forwarnings in societys law or Gods law, no one would have a pleasant life of any measure.

Though I have no idea of what happens after death, the explanation I have heard from Jewish folks I know makes more sense if god is who they and or Christians say it is. What I have been told is that people receive the consequences of their actions in this life. If you read through the Old Testament (Tanach), you will see that Yahweh's judgements were all earthly judgements. No real mention of the afterlife is addressed. From Jewish friends who believe in a resurrection, I am told that there is a "purification" of the soul for a certain period of time (I forget what they said as to the actual time frame), then all souls will go to Paradise.

I have no idea if it is true, but it makes way more sense than eternal damnation, especially if that damnation stems from simply not "thinking the right way."

Old 02-25-2011, 02:43 PM

7,628 posts, read 10,971,100 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DentalFloss View Post
Whether or not ghosts are real (and for the record, I think they are) says nothing about the truth of your religion. It only speaks to the existence of a reality 'bigger' than our physical universe.

Everything started off slow, ( WITH HOLY PICTURES AND ICONS BEING KNOCKED FROM SHELVES AND WALLS).

If ghost say nothing about the truth of religion. Why do they so often attack Christian pictures and Icons?

http://www.unexplainable.net/Ghost-P...ly-Flees.shtml

Last edited by Campbell34; 02-25-2011 at 03:04 PM..

Old 02-25-2011, 03:01 PM

2,541 posts, read 2,541,910 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jazzymom View Post
Sorry but humans are perfectly able to choose to do good or to do evil...
We are not born into it.......
I do not no what you were reading but I think I made it perfectly clear that humans are free to choose good or evil. We did not create the good or the evil as you said in the post that I responded to. Is this what you said in that post or did you mean to say choose?

Old 02-25-2011, 03:23 PM

4,529 posts, read 5,138,249 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Campbell34 View Post
Everything started off slow, ( WITH HOLY PICTURES AND ICONS BEING KNOCKED FROM SHELVES AND WALLS).

If ghost say nothing about the truth of religion. Why do they so often attack Christian pictures and Icons?

Sassy departed interior designers with a dramatic streak?

Family Flees Demon Possessed Home

That is one reputable website C34. You should warn people about poking around on that site. I was interested in astral projection and listened to the recording (see link below) And it took me hours to find my way back.

*WARNING!!!!! Everybody stay away from the Get Pregnant recording!!!*

Astral Projection- Designed to make OOBE's Easier

Old 02-25-2011, 03:30 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by mikebnllnb View Post
That is one reputable website C34. You should warn people about poking around on that site. I was interested in astral projection and listened to the recording (see link below) And it took me hours to find my way back.

*WARNING!!!!! Everybody stay away from the Get Pregnant recording!!!*

Astral Projection- Designed to make OOBE's Easier
Sorry if you had a problem mikebnllnb. The first link I put on for some reason was not the correct link. I removed that link and posted a second one. That was the link I wanted in the first place.

Old 02-25-2011, 03:49 PM

2,332 posts, read 2,839,771 times
Quote:
Sorry if you had a problem mikebnllnb. The first link I put on for some reason was not the correct link. I removed that link and posted a second one. That was the link I wanted in the first place.

SO there is some kind of concern here about the lessons for imagination, as opposed to the presence of truer religious picture thought. Somehow it was difficult to get over the rambles of materialistic dogma, finding the meaning of intuition for solving problems of doubtful proportion, and ordinary fear of other people's intentions. The artist's intentions are self-aware to be Good. There is some kind of distinct substance there.

I'm out of here.

Old 02-26-2011, 07:34 AM

10,908 posts, read 9,555,443 times
You know, I was going to stay away from this topic but pursuit of the truth just won't let me.

Not saying if ghosts are real or not. According to the title of the op that is not the question.

In this country (referring to the citing of "christians") there are more than 150m members of some version of this religion and the very basis is a ghost.

Does this belief prove the existence of ghosts? Does it surprise anyone that there are this many people passively accepting the existence of ghosts?

Or is this just another example trying to fit in?

I know my answer.

Old 02-26-2011, 09:30 AM

5,298 posts, read 4,591,997 times
Quote:
According to the Bible such a place was kept in store for the devil an His angels. However when the people of this earth ignore God's gift of salvation they in effect have joined forces with the devil, and will suffer the same fate. What is insane is to ignore the most wonderful gift that God could ever offer mankind. Even Christ ask the question. How shall they neglect so great a salvation?

Your view of God is merciless, those who neglect salvation need it more than ever. You think God will abandon those in such a mindset, because your mindset is willing to abandon them.

God is not like you.

Peace.

Old 02-26-2011, 09:58 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mickiel View Post
Your view of God is merciless, those who neglect salvation need it more than ever. You think God will abandon those in such a mindset, because your mindset is willing to abandon them.

God is not like you.

Peace.

It is not my view. It is the view found in the Bible. II John 5:12 He that hath the Son hath life; and he that hath not the Son of God hath not life.

Scripture is very clear on this, and only human opinion suggest otherwise. Yet God tells us that most people will be lost in their sin. And that is because they enter the wide gate that leads to destruction. Jesus tells us only a few will enter the narrow gate that leads to eternal life. Now the ghost that people encounter would have us believe, that all of us will exist after death. And that is why they appear as someones lost aunt or uncle, ect. However, this is clearly a case of demonic deception.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Unexplained Mysteries and Paranormal