U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Unexplained Mysteries and Paranormal
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Search Forums  (Advanced)
Reply Start New Thread
 
Old 02-23-2011, 01:08 AM
 
Location: Texas
4,346 posts, read 6,001,204 times
Reputation: 846

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Campbell34 View Post
The evidence points to things that exist in a supernatural state. However the mistake is to believe they are ghost. The reality is, they are the Biblical demons, pretending to be something other than what they are.
That's your reality. When you say "they are" are you giving credence to the wild tales you hear about? Or only to your own (which I am aware of).
Rate this post positively Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

 
Old 02-23-2011, 01:09 AM
 
Location: Texas
4,346 posts, read 6,001,204 times
Reputation: 846
Quote:
Originally Posted by texdav View Post
There is a huge difference in people believing in ghost and spirits of dead loved ones.Huge difference in spirits than actually seeing ghost in the shaddows as we see on TV shows partrayed.
So - are you speaking of sensing a presence as opposed to seeing things? What about the accounts of spirits/ghosts effecting physical reality?
Rate this post positively Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 02-23-2011, 03:06 AM
 
Location: Somewhere.
10,353 posts, read 23,298,310 times
Reputation: 8641
Ghosts are not demons. Demons are something religions made up because they couldn't figure out what the heck it was so they assume it's always a bad thing.
Rate this post positively Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 02-23-2011, 03:15 AM
 
Location: The Netherlands
8,567 posts, read 15,295,135 times
Reputation: 1573
Ghosts, ideas I don't see much difference.
Both are incorporeal yet still affect the living.

Now that I think of it, I do not consider a ghost as 'dead’ or 'undead' either.
To me good ideas are alive simply because they animate people; spur them into action.

Then again, so do nightmares.
Rate this post positively Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 02-23-2011, 05:10 AM
 
5,503 posts, read 4,905,169 times
Reputation: 5162
Quote:
Originally Posted by Clark Park View Post
Almost a decade ago I bought a large 115 year old Victorian house with three floors, 6 bedrooms, and two staircases. It also has fireplaces and stained glass windows. I couldn't move in right away because a group of college students were living there with a long term lease.

When the student's lease expired and they left, the house was totally empty but I was not ready to move in yet. Instead, my favorite uncle - who just ended a relationship with his girlfriend in Miami and needed a place to live - agreed to move into the house until the movers can move my things a few weeks later. So Uncle flew up to Philly from Miami and he and I bought him a bed to sleep in ... the only piece of furniture in the whole house. To give credit where it is due, the students left the place immaculately clean.

When I was ready to move in, I drove Uncle to the airport so he could settle some business in Miami and gather his things so he move permanently in the old Victorian "manor." On the way to the airport Uncle said to me "You know, that house is really creepy at night. Downright scary."

The movers brought all my furniture, the painters and carpenters were at work, etc., etc. and I finally settled into my big "white elephant." One night I turned off the light and went to bed, but I heard a noise. It sounded like footsteps going down the main winding staircase. I called out "Is anybody there?!" - No answer. It happened the next night, and the next one after that. I thought there was an intruder in the house. I kept something like a baseball bat next to my bed. It was always heavy footsteps going down the stairs ... never climbing up. I did not see anything.

When Uncle returned from Miami I asked him why he found the house "creepy" ... His reply: "Every night I heard these footsteps coming down the main staircase!!!"

A few weeks later I examined a pretty little hand-made "mobile" hanging in front of an upstairs hall closet (some of the students were art students) - you see I had to change a battery on a smoke detector nearby - and written on this hanging ornament someone wrote ''Spirits! Please be a peace! Do not torment us that now live in this house!".

We haven't heard the noises since, and I left the little hanging work of art because I think it is pretty. I don't believe in ghosts. I think old houses just are creaky and make noises.
Rate this post positively Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 02-23-2011, 05:17 AM
 
16,434 posts, read 20,293,984 times
Reputation: 9567
People who have experienced supernatural phenomenon don't need convincing. Those who haven't are naturally doubtful. 150 million is almost half of us. The ghosts have been busy!
Rate this post positively Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 02-23-2011, 07:57 AM
 
7,654 posts, read 10,308,884 times
Reputation: 497
Quote:
Originally Posted by PinkString View Post
Ghosts are not demons. Demons are something religions made up because they couldn't figure out what the heck it was so they assume it's always a bad thing.
Back in 1973 I had an encounter with two demons for a period of time that lasted for six months. Their names were Abjar and Altra. They were not something the church made up. They were evil and made life very hard for me until other Christians came to my aid. Ghost are nothing more than demons. And they are liars, because the reason they appear as ghost is to get people to believe something other than the Biblical account.
Rate this post positively Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 02-23-2011, 08:20 AM
 
7,654 posts, read 10,308,884 times
Reputation: 497
Quote:
Originally Posted by firstborn888 View Post
That's your reality. When you say "they are" are you giving credence to the wild tales you hear about? Or only to your own (which I am aware of).
Well it's a little more than just my reality. And that is because we have so many accounts from so many people. And what you will discover when Ghosts occupy a home. They respond in the same way a demon responds. When they are commanded to leave the house in Jesus name they often will resist such a command. Yet in the end they will have to leave. Trying to suggest all such accounts are but wild tales requires you to ignore a great deal of evidence that would suggest otherwise. The belief that ghost are departed spirits comes from the ghost themselves. The Bible tells us that the world is filled with lying spirits. Ghost exist to deceive mankind into believing that the Bible is not true. Yet they are fearful of the Bible, and of Jesus Christ. And for good reason.

Last edited by Campbell34; 02-23-2011 at 08:29 AM..
Rate this post positively Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 02-23-2011, 02:29 PM
 
4,083 posts, read 4,645,737 times
Reputation: 811
Quote:
Originally Posted by Campbell34 View Post
Back in 1973 I had an encounter with two demons for a period of time that lasted for six months. Their names were Abjar and Altra. They were not something the church made up. They were evil and made life very hard for me until other Christians came to my aid. Ghost are nothing more than demons. And they are liars, because the reason they appear as ghost is to get people to believe something other than the Biblical account.

And there are folks who hear voices and see things that aren't there... Then they are diagnosed with a mental illness and medicated and get better...
Rate this post positively Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 02-23-2011, 02:43 PM
 
7,654 posts, read 10,308,884 times
Reputation: 497
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jazzymom View Post
And there are folks who hear voices and see things that aren't there... Then they are diagnosed with a mental illness and medicated and get better...


If you call living your life in a fog of drugs getting better. So be it. Drugs often can mask the part of the brain that demons operate in. Yet getting better as long as someone continues to take their meds, does not mean getting well, or cured.
Rate this post positively Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.


Reply
Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Message:

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Unexplained Mysteries and Paranormal
Similar Threads

All times are GMT -6.

© 2005-2021, Advameg, Inc. · Please obey Forum Rules · Terms of Use and Privacy Policy · Bug Bounty

City-Data.com - Contact Us - Archive 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30, 31, 32, 33, 34, 35, 36, 37 - Top