Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Unexplained Mysteries and Paranormal
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 02-09-2011, 02:52 PM

6,222 posts, read 4,008,162 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by NightBazaar View Post
What I mean is that if a person already has a belief about UFOs, then it's not unexpected that they may find "UFOs" in paintings, etc., even if what the artist depicted isn't a UFO. How do you know the painting shows a "UFO"?
The theory of UFO's being depicted in artwork did not originate with me and I'am not going argue for or against it.

Old 02-09-2011, 03:20 PM

5,462 posts, read 9,631,116 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by gabfest View Post
The theory of UFO's being depicted in artwork did not originate with me and I'am not going argue for or against it.
I didn't say the artwork originated with you. If you have no opinion about it (the picture) one way or the other, then what was the point in posting a link to it, and saying "UFO's picture in historic religious arts"?

Old 02-09-2011, 07:17 PM

7,723 posts, read 12,614,165 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fullback32 View Post
So what you are saying is that god plays games with its creation and the punishes them forever as result of its games. This is the plan instead of just being clear in a concrete way (as opposed to men's words or some book) as to exactly who and what it is. Nice.

And some of you Christians wonder why there are people who just don't buy into any of it.
Nobody cares if you don't believe it. I'm not asking you to. But your probably going to be one of the delusional ones believing it was aliens when Jesus returns and takes his bride (the church) away and millions of people disappear all over the world.

Oh and FYI, there's MILLIONS of non-Christians that have seen UFOs. Check this site for more information.

Abovetopsecret

Oh and no one will stand for your slanders against Christianity there. It won't matter because so many people have seen things your scientist say to the public are fake and mythological. So your accusations against Christians will be unwarranted and irrelevant there.

Old 02-09-2011, 07:44 PM

7,628 posts, read 10,967,722 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by gabfest View Post
Hello Campbell34! Keep on getting better! cancer.

Campbell34 this does get confusing.... (some of us just want peace).
Would you please elaborate on the Anti-Christ being the peace maker?
Thank you gabfest. The Anti Christ in the beginning will be someone the world will love. He will have many answers to the worlds Ills. In the beginning he will not appear to be evil at all. Yet that will all change when he enters the rebuilt temple in Jerusalem and proclaims himself God. He will offer the world a false peace at first, but then will convince many that he is more than a man. And he will have supernatural power to convince many that he is God.

http://www.disclose.tv/action/viewvi...nic_Deception/

Last edited by Campbell34; 02-09-2011 at 08:01 PM..

Old 02-09-2011, 08:57 PM

33,523 posts, read 37,121,123 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by allenk893 View Post
Nobody cares if you don't believe it. I'm not asking you to. But your probably going to be one of the delusional ones believing it was aliens when Jesus returns and takes his bride (the church) away and millions of people disappear all over the world.

Oh and FYI, there's MILLIONS of non-Christians that have seen UFOs. Check this site for more information.

Abovetopsecret

Oh and no one will stand for your slanders against Christianity there. It won't matter because so many people have seen things your scientist say to the public are fake and mythological. So your accusations against Christians will be unwarranted and irrelevant there.
You think Abovetopsecret is credible? Well that certainly explains a lot of your posts...Millions of people have seen UFOs, that is true...Unidentified flying objects.... Almost always explainable, and nothing at all to do with aliens or the mythical satan.

The rapture you speak of is also a myth invented in 1690 by a Jesuit priest named Francisco Ribera.

John Nelson Darby, a 19th century Irish lawyer turned Anglican preacher, developed a method of biblical interpretation called dispensationalism in which he incorporated Ribera's futuristic views. Darby became "the father of the rapture doctrine." He was the first to develop a full-blown theology that incorporated the teaching that Jesus would return secretly (His "second" coming) to rapture His true followers, leaving the rest behind to be ruled by an evil antichrist for seven years, and then return again (His "third" coming) in a visible, glorious coming to destroy antichrist, save those who were converted during the seven-year tribulation, and establish His own kingdom.

http://www.rusearching.com/leftbehin...urehistory.htm

Old 02-09-2011, 09:20 PM

7,723 posts, read 12,614,165 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sanspeur View Post
You think Abovetopsecret is credible? Well that certainly explains a lot of your posts...Millions of people have seen UFOs, that is true...Unidentified flying objects.... Almost always explainable, and nothing at all to do with aliens or the mythical satan.

The rapture you speak of is also a myth invented in 1690 by a Jesuit priest named Francisco Ribera.

John Nelson Darby, a 19th century Irish lawyer turned Anglican preacher, developed a method of biblical interpretation called dispensationalism in which he incorporated Ribera's futuristic views. Darby became "the father of the rapture doctrine." He was the first to develop a full-blown theology that incorporated the teaching that Jesus would return secretly (His "second" coming) to rapture His true followers, leaving the rest behind to be ruled by an evil antichrist for seven years, and then return again (His "third" coming) in a visible, glorious coming to destroy antichrist, save those who were converted during the seven-year tribulation, and establish His own kingdom.

Left Behind: History of the Rapture Theory
You are ignorant of biblical scripture...as usual. God says the rapture is real.

1 Thessalonians 4:16
For the Lord himself shall descend from heaven with a shout, with the voice of the archangel, and with the trump of God: and the dead in Christ shall rise first: Then we which are alive and remain shall be caught up together with them in the clouds, to meet the Lord in the air: and so shall we ever be with the Lord.

The rapture mentioned a second time

1 Corinthians 15:51
Behold, I shew you a mystery; We shall not all sleep, but we shall all be changed, In a moment, in the twinkling of an eye, at the last trump: for the trumpet shall sound, and the dead shall be raised incorruptible, and we shall be changed. For this corruptible must put on incorruption, and this mortal must put on immortality. So when this corruptible shall have put on incorruption, and this mortal shall have put on immortality, then shall be brought to pass the saying that is written, Death is swallowed up in victory.

If Israel became a nation just like the Bible predicted, and the last days prophecies are coming true, what makes you think the rapture won't? Read the Bible. Gain some knowledge.

And FYI, Abovetopsecret is VERY credible. It's the one place where folk can gather together to post familiar accounts and evidence of the supernatural without being ridiculed by the likes of people such as yourself. Atheist are not as welcomed there as other places because people at ATS know that it's not a community for scoffers and unbelievers. It takes alot of guts and faith to post your first hand witness accounts of supernatural events fearing what people will think of you or label you as.

Last edited by allenk893; 02-09-2011 at 09:35 PM..

Old 02-09-2011, 09:42 PM

33,523 posts, read 37,121,123 times
Read the bible? I have, and have concluded that it is a badly written book of fables, many of them violent. (But that's another thread) The rapture is a ridiculous myth...We are talking about zombies here...People do not rise out of their graves, nor do they rise into the clouds, although I think some believers heads are definitely in the clouds...Reality ain't so bad, you should try it sometime......

><)))))))*>
....L.....L.....

Old 02-10-2011, 08:58 AM

3,331 posts, read 5,953,991 times
Quote:

Abovetopsecret

Fool, I'm not an atheist...just not a Christian. The beliefs of my Comanche people were here LONG before your ancestors ever stepped foot on this continent. Your religion and its beliefs are irrelevant to me and many other Indian people. I follow our way and will continue to do so.

You Christians have been telling us we are wrong ever since 1492, yet you get all butt hurt when some of us oppose your faith and beliefs. We won't stand for Christian slanders against our various traditional native beliefs either. It amazes me how you people have no problem telling everyone else they are wrong, but you just can't take it when others come back at you with it. The Fundamentalist/Evangelicals' pride in their religion and hypocrisy will be their downfall.

Last edited by Fullback32; 02-10-2011 at 09:38 AM..

Old 02-10-2011, 06:00 PM

9,616 posts, read 12,911,827 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Campbell34 View Post
I must say I use to believe I was the only one who saw this coming. I am so happy to see other Christians coming up to speed here. The rapture of the church should be a slam dunk for the truth of the Christian faith.
Yes, it will be for sure.... when or if it ever happens. The promises have been scheduled for literally hundreds of years, all in the fervent trembling hope that it might happen in the claimer's lifetime. Sorry guyz; you'll be very disappointed as that last glimmer of self-realized light fades.

Quote:
Yet even here we see how Satan is already working to obscure it's reality. Back in the 1970s I recall reading some occult papers tht spoke of how the great peace maker would come. (Anti Christ). And he would have control of great light ships of the air. And anyone who did not follow him would be removed from off the planet. It is a repeat of the Biblical rapture, only from the opposing side.
It's truly amazing how the greater Christian storyline so nicely integrates any aspect of real factual life. As new stuff come up, they'll find a way to weave it into the story, even in it's never been mentioned anywhere, least of all in the bible (Tom, where does the bible mention UFOs, please...).

And so now, people who are claiming they've seen UFOs, but who don't attribute them to God, are Satan's agents? Must be me, since I absolutely have seen the lights of one, a few years before Sputnik was even launched, So it clearly wasn't a satellite, was it? and by gol, I'm a real scientisty type guy! Holy youthful Eyesight, Batman

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bideshi View Post
I am finding this entire thread confused and disoriented. What on earth is this great truth you're trying to reveal?
Yes. What is that Great Truth, guys?

Quote:
Thank you gabfest. The Anti Christ in the beginning will be someone the world will love.

He will have many answers to the worlds Ills. In the beginning he will not appear to be evil at all.
Barak? I KNEW it!

Quote:
Yet that will all change when he enters the rebuilt temple in Jerusalem and proclaims himself God. He will offer the world a false peace at first, but then will convince many that he is more than a man. And he will have supernatural power to convince many that he is God.

UFO's And Satanic Deception Video
Quote:

And FYI, Abovetopsecret is VERY credible. It's the one place where folk can gather together to post familiar accounts and evidence of the supernatural without being ridiculed by the likes of people such as yourself. Atheist are not as welcomed there as other places because people at ATS know that it's not a community for scoffers and unbelievers. It takes alot of guts and faith to post your first hand witness accounts of supernatural events fearing what people will think of you or label you as.
Wow! You just made sanspeur's point about that site's credibility for him. Familiar accounts and evidence of the supernatural are not credible as we define it. They are purely anecdotal, and thus unconfirmed, but are also easily accepted by those who are desperate for such fantasies.

Atheists are not welcome because they often post rational alternate accounts for the actions that supposedly attend such sightings. I'd think by now, for instance, the aliens would have had enough of probing the human body in Satanic ways, or of doing surgery directly through the eyes of conscious victims. Apparently their powers of scientific investigation aren't as good as ours... sighhhh.

If, on the other hand, the posters had to provide nice co-witnessed video accounts, or if they brought back some samples of "unobtanium" from the inside of the Satanic alien craft they stole onto for a brief look-see, then things would be a tad bit different, huh?

Also unidentified lights in the sky doth not a Christian God nor Satan make, just soz you know.

But...it's OK: you want to base your life on anecdotal tales?? Fine by us. We, however, prefer well-doocumented empirical data, reviewed by established experts, not some hoe-downer who drank some bourbon and then was lead into God's TimeWarp Mk. III machine for a life-altering sermon... (His first two designs had some performance issues...).

UFOs and aliens? Quite likely, since there are some pretty good accounts by large groups of credible observers. But Satan's Flying Army of Deceivers? Not so much.

BTW, Fullback, good to hear your side of he argument. Don't give in to the "thumpers"; we all know how respectfully they treated your ancestors. and not that long ago either.

Old 02-10-2011, 06:08 PM

9,616 posts, read 12,911,827 times
Default I apologize!

I found one of those irrefutable videos on your credible link.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kyJ27OW52jY

Thanks, allen!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Unexplained Mysteries and Paranormal