Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Unexplained Mysteries and Paranormal
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 05-06-2011, 02:47 PM

3,320 posts, read 5,594,558 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by OngletNYC View Post
Folks, there are no ghosts pushing you to select letters on a ouija board. What is happening is called an ideomotor effect; essentially the participants themselves are the ones moving the planchette around using unconsicous body movements.
Ahh so when the planchette spelled out my first husbands name as a kid and got the number of marriages I would have correct, thus far, it was my own psychic abilities coming through.

Old 05-06-2011, 03:05 PM

677 posts, read 933,865 times
(long read, sorry)

Years ago I use to ride in a van pool & had befriended a particular woman in which we had many good conversations. One day & I can't even remember how the conversation came up but I remember I had to beg her to tell me the story because she was really hesitant to because she said I'd think she was crazy. Of course that really struck my curiosity so I kept begging her. I promised to keep it a secret so slowly she began to tell me what had happened to her. Her story:

My husband & I fell on hard times with 4 children to support, I had a friend in the neighborhood who I use to confide in regarding my financial situation. She kept telling me come with me to meet my friend she can help you with this. So I kept procrastinating about meeting her since I really didn't know how some woman who I didn't know could possibly help me, yet she kept persisting. So 1 day I decided I would, I had no idea we had to board a bus to take us to Atlantic City, NJ (60 miles away) to meet her. When we arrived at this mystery woman's house & I met her I had a erie feeling about her, it frightened me that her eyes were so red, yet I had commited myself so I went forward thinking this woman was going to give me some financial advice, instead she prayed over me in some kind of chant, in a language I was unfamilar with. Afterwards we boarded the bus & went back home. That's when the problems started. We had a den on the 1st flr of our house & my husband had a friend spend the night, I went to check on him later that night to make sure he was comfortable & when I entered the den he was standing in the middle of the floor, I asked what's wrong? He said he'd seen a woman standing in the door that was headless. I thought he'd been dreaming & thought no more of it. Then other strange occurences began to happen, but the most horrifying thing happened when I was home alone 1 night, the family had gone to visit my husband's family, I went to bed & late at night I heard my front door open. I sat up in bed terrified & heard someone walking up the stairs, my bedroom door opened & I saw what appeared to be a very short man but his facial features weren't clear. I was in a comatose state & he had red eyes & said if you look into my eyes I will give you whatever you want. He climbed on top of me & had sex with me, then left. I got up, washed myself & examined my own sanity but knew this was real & I was not crazy. I never did look him in his eyes. -End of story.

Well!! How do you respond to a story like this! She said I know you think I'm crazy, but yet I believed her since I usually can detect a nutjob. It disturbed me so that when I went to work I knew a very religious woman who I did tell the story to w/o naming names. She listened intensely, didn't think my friend was crazy either, got her bible & said I'll show you where this has happened in the bible, flipped thru the pgs & read it to me. She said have your friend call me cause the woman in Atlantic City has summoned a demon upon her. So I told my gf & she agreed to meet with my co-worker, who went to her home, prayed thru out every room & they became the best of friends, & no more demons or ghost.

Old 05-06-2011, 04:25 PM

588 posts, read 1,014,828 times
In this day and age, we are still believing this kind of crap? She had a demon summoned upon her? Really? That's the best explanation? Really? I have nothing against religion but please, try thinking for yourself a little.

Quote:
Originally Posted by SassySpice View Post
(long read, sorry)

Old 05-06-2011, 05:19 PM

8,734 posts, read 13,818,525 times
Quote:
(long read, sorry)

Years ago I use to ride in a van pool & had befriended a particular woman in which we had many good conversations. One day & I can't even remember how the conversation came up but I remember I had to beg her to tell me the story because she was really hesitant to because she said I'd think she was crazy. Of course that really struck my curiosity so I kept begging her. I promised to keep it a secret so slowly she began to tell me what had happened to her. Her story:

My husband & I fell on hard times with 4 children to support, I had a friend in the neighborhood who I use to confide in regarding my financial situation. She kept telling me come with me to meet my friend she can help you with this. So I kept procrastinating about meeting her since I really didn't know how some woman who I didn't know could possibly help me, yet she kept persisting. So 1 day I decided I would, I had no idea we had to board a bus to take us to Atlantic City, NJ (60 miles away) to meet her. When we arrived at this mystery woman's house & I met her I had a erie feeling about her, it frightened me that her eyes were so red, yet I had commited myself so I went forward thinking this woman was going to give me some financial advice, instead she prayed over me in some kind of chant, in a language I was unfamilar with. Afterwards we boarded the bus & went back home. That's when the problems started. We had a den on the 1st flr of our house & my husband had a friend spend the night, I went to check on him later that night to make sure he was comfortable & when I entered the den he was standing in the middle of the floor, I asked what's wrong? He said he'd seen a woman standing in the door that was headless. I thought he'd been dreaming & thought no more of it. Then other strange occurences began to happen, but the most horrifying thing happened when I was home alone 1 night, the family had gone to visit my husband's family, I went to bed & late at night I heard my front door open. I sat up in bed terrified & heard someone walking up the stairs, my bedroom door opened & I saw what appeared to be a very short man but his facial features weren't clear. I was in a comatose state & he had red eyes & said if you look into my eyes I will give you whatever you want. He climbed on top of me & had sex with me, then left. I got up, washed myself & examined my own sanity but knew this was real & I was not crazy. I never did look him in his eyes. -End of story.

Well!! How do you respond to a story like this! She said I know you think I'm crazy, but yet I believed her since I usually can detect a nutjob. It disturbed me so that when I went to work I knew a very religious woman who I did tell the story to w/o naming names. She listened intensely, didn't think my friend was crazy either, got her bible & said I'll show you where this has happened in the bible, flipped thru the pgs & read it to me. She said have your friend call me cause the woman in Atlantic City has summoned a demon upon her. So I told my gf & she agreed to meet with my co-worker, who went to her home, prayed thru out every room & they became the best of friends, & no more demons or ghost.
We used to tell those stories on camping trips.

Old 05-06-2011, 05:56 PM

4,483 posts, read 9,291,045 times
Quote:
I'll show you where this has happened in the bible, flipped thru the pgs & read it to me.
Show me. I think I missed it.

Old 05-06-2011, 07:08 PM

88,567 posts, read 84,755,078 times
Quote:
(long read, sorry)

Someone saying that they are not crazy doesn't mean that they are not crazy.

Old 05-08-2011, 12:01 AM

10,181 posts, read 10,256,089 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Radrook View Post
The fact that there are people who call themselves Christians while delving into spiritistic practices is a testament to the faulty shepherding they are receiving from their priests, and pastors.
LMAO!

So how does that explain the Muslim religion? What's the testament there? That there are so many crazies ready and willing to live in the 9th century and blow themselves up because they have nothing else but their screwed up religion taught to them by their screwed up imamma?

Christians actually have their own minds, unlike the liberal sheep who voted for Obama and keep trying to wrap Christians all up in one little box while they say "not all Muslims are...." or "not all folks generation after generation after generation who live off of welfare/social programs are...."

Grow up.

Last edited by Informed Info; 05-08-2011 at 12:13 AM..

Old 05-08-2011, 01:27 AM

27,232 posts, read 46,654,488 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DrummerBoy View Post
A comment made earlier today by a co-worker of mine sorta baffled me, and thus prompted me to ask you guys what you think.
It was about Ouija boards. Personally I always considered them to be no more than a mildly entertaining albeit meaningless board game, mostly for kids. And that's the only time I played it: once or twice as a kid.
But this friend of mine at work: he's college-educated and is basically a pragmatic sort of person, he isn't overly religious, and he's not a conspiracy nut. I'm even pretty sure his college degree is an a hard science field.
Anyway, when the person he was talking to mentioned her kids playing with a Oija board, my friend became pretty agitated, and adamantly stated that he'd never, ever let his kids play with one, as he felt that the boards "invited malevolent spirits & demons" into the users' world.
The funny thing here is, that in the past I've known several other seemingly skeptical and rational people make an exception in their stoic thinking when regarding Ouija boards. So what say you? Are you likeminded with me: that it's just a box of cardboard and plastic, or do these things actually serve as some sort of portal for our spirit friends to slip into?
I've never had any experiences to lead me to believe that it was anything but a harmless diversion. Personally, I've never bothered with one.

Old 05-08-2011, 03:53 PM

3,751 posts, read 7,671,533 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fred314X View Post
If I can convince the other people sitting around the table that I've just conjured up some kind of being who's going to make their next month a living hell...I win!
Then, technically you are playing 'your game' and using the board as a prop.
Making something up and pushing the planchette around to serve your own purpose is not the proper or intended use of the board.

Old 05-09-2011, 09:57 PM

588 posts, read 1,014,828 times
Three charged in Florida over demon cleansing fraud | Reuters
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Unexplained Mysteries and Paranormal