Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Unexplained Mysteries and Paranormal
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-27-2011, 01:10 PM

1,275 posts, read 3,403,272 times

Advertisements

There's been quite a few threads lately debating the existence of ghosts. I was curious if any of you have ever experienced anything paranormal wether it be a haunting/ghosts, time slips, a strange creature sighting, ect. I do believe science still has yet to explain many facets of existence and sometimes the unexplainable does occur, there are still many mysteries in this world. So please, tell us of your experience.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-27-2011, 06:16 PM

2,616 posts, read 2,389,744 times
When I was about 5 years old, I used to lie in bed and stare out my window at night. I could see a one legged man just across the field next to my house, constantly staring back at me, his position never changed. I would hide under the covers rather than look at him. The bizarre thing was that during the daylight hours he changed himself into a barber pole in front of the local barber shop.

Old 02-27-2011, 06:24 PM

24,624 posts, read 19,049,191 times
//www.city-data.com/forum/18060523-post55.html

You can read that.

Old 02-27-2011, 06:26 PM

7,525 posts, read 16,920,093 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by lilred0005 View Post
I was curious if any of you have ever experienced anything paranormal
yes

Quote:
Originally Posted by lilred0005 View Post
So please, tell us of your experience.
no

Old 02-28-2011, 02:40 AM

6,905 posts, read 6,801,718 times
I used to be a spiritualist, attended seances, went on courses to learn stuff. That was all very interesting and the wonder and sensationalism kept me attracted. However, after a while I got fed up with the shallowness of it all and left.

But, while I was there in that space, I experienced flowers coming out of a mediums mouth as gifts, and lights on the end of his fingers. Ok, the room was pretty dark, but the guy had been searched before he did the seance. and he was no more than a few feet away from me while this was going on.

I also experienced first hand a small table being lifted above my head.

There were 4 of us sitting in a fairly small room with our hands on the top surface of the table having a seance. All of these people were good friends and were there for proper reasons, not jokers. One was my partner. We were all sitting down around the small table and it lifted up so that our hands (on the top) were above our heads bent 90 degrees at the wrists and it was difficult to keep them there. The bottom of the legs were about chest height.

That was interesting and is one of the reasons why I know there is more to life than we see on a day-to-day basis.

Having said all that, I will give the usual warning. These things are not to be played with when you don't know some of the basics. You can get seriously damaged energetically.

Old 02-28-2011, 08:44 AM

10,449 posts, read 12,416,669 times
If by ghosts, you just mean spirits in general, yes I've had a lot if paranormal experiences. But I haven't had experiences with ghosts in the Hollywood sense. I've had spirits warn me of imminent danger in a way so that I could avoid it. For example once they warned me that my friend's foot would get run over by a car by transmitting pain to my foot in the exact area where it would be hit. I "heard" the message but I didn't understand what to do with it and five minutes later his foot got run over. But another friend of ours jumped in front of the car and banged on the hood, preventing the driver from running over my friend's other foot and my two feet with front and back tires, so in a lot of ways the warning did prevent it from being much worse. Earlier our friend had said he couldn't put his finger on why, but he just had a really strong feeling he should walk us home. He really saved my friend's feet and mine, and risked his own life in the process. Having the front tire of a car run over your foot is nothing compared to the back tire. The back tires are where the bulk of the car's weight rest and if those tires run over your foot that means having your foot or feet completely crushed. Later that night I had a very strong dream of my feet being completely damaged and the pain being so bad it went up into my legs and back. I couldn't walk for the rest of the night or the next morning cause the phantom pain was so bad. I have a feeling that was spirit telling me what would have happened if my front hadn't jumped in front of the car.

Spirit, ghosts, angels, whatever you want to call them, has really helped me change my life for the better. I can also feel chi and see chi when it's strong enough. When an Angel or benevolent spirit comes up to a person, their aura lights up with beautiful swirls of color like white, pink, purple, and gold. You can also feel the quality of the energy. An angel feels filling, empowering, loving. A malevolent spirit feels cold, sucking, and induces a strong sense of fear and hopelessness. They appear as black or dark muddy colors. I have had negative spirits feed off my aura before and could barely move cause I was so low energy. But luckily all it takes is prayer to God, an Angel, or benevolent spirits to protect you, and envisioning yourself shielded by white light, and any malevolent spirit will leave you alone.

Perhaps, in fact, most likely, there is some clear scientific explanation behind the experiences people have had with ghosts and spirits. In any case though, I believe these phenomena are very real. It's just a matter of taking them out of the "supernatural" category and putting them in with everything else that is "natural", and I am hoping both science and our own self-awareness will allow us to do that soon.

Last edited by nimchimpsky; 02-28-2011 at 08:53 AM..

Old 02-28-2011, 08:50 AM

10,449 posts, read 12,416,669 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mircea View Post
Very interesting post.

I don't think proof of ghosts credits or discredits God. It would simply explain why what we understand to be ghosts exist, but it wouldn't tell us with any certainty that God does or does not exist.

Old 02-28-2011, 09:03 AM

912 posts, read 824,232 times
Heres a good one.....and if theres an answer fire away.....

Other than this I have to say that there has been absolutely no spooky or otherwise in my entire life...interesting stuff but not really what your looking for(sister had a doozy though, and I believe her)

A couple of weeks ago maybe 4-5...I was lying on the Chesterfield doing some thinking on these
threads and so forth....then, and I kid you not...out of NOWHERE....

My piano, just 9 feet away.......PLAYED A NOTE......

I did not move a muscle....I thought there could be another note or something....

....waited....waited....patiently waited.....nothing.

I have absolute pitch , and discerned the note to be..C sharp...checked and was right , it was a
...C sharp.
No big deal....if theres an explanation...super, don't really care and forgot about it...
....been in room with piano all my life ...studying...teaching...ect ect ...never heard a piano play a note with nobody there.....the doozer involving my sister involved the piano as well ...in setting.

Last edited by Blue Hue; 02-28-2011 at 09:17 AM..

Old 02-28-2011, 10:36 PM

1,780 posts, read 2,344,808 times
It was about 2003, I was working on my car. I had the car jacked up to change a tire. I had to go under the car to look at something. I heard someone ask me, "Need any help?" I replied that I was fine. I came out from under the car and nobody was there. A second later the car fell, since the tire was off, the car slammed into the ground. I would have been crushed. I looked around as my heart raced, I couldn't see anyone around. There was nobody there, or in the area. There is no way anyone could have gotten out of site that fast. To this day, it spooks me.

I can't explain it.

Last edited by fractured_kidult; 02-28-2011 at 10:59 PM..

Old 02-28-2011, 11:00 PM

1,780 posts, read 2,344,808 times
Someone just asked if I recognized the voice? No, I didn't that is why I looked. I wanted to see who it was. I didn't even see anyone out of the corner of my eyes near the car.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Unexplained Mysteries and Paranormal