Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Unexplained Mysteries and Paranormal
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-08-2011, 08:39 PM

15,440 posts, read 21,239,072 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by detwahDJ View Post
Some accounts from people who lived in the hills claimed they saw the craft BELOW them.
Yes, I had heard that.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-08-2011, 11:33 PM

5,739 posts, read 6,897,267 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by RCCCB View Post
I saw eyeliner under the eyes of the President during his new higher taxes speech. I think aliens put him and the eyeliner there.
Um, do you have the right thread?

Old 09-09-2011, 02:27 AM

26,637 posts, read 28,457,627 times
Although I don't know what I really believe, I did see something strange one time and I always wonder what it was.

I think it must have been something military -- has anyone ever heard of anything like this?

It was way back in 1973 and it was at dusk while a friend and I were traveling on the highway near Hartford, CT.

We both saw three vee shaped objects swoop down over the hood of our car. You couldn't see them coming and you couldn't see them going--you could only see them swoop across.
They were grayish and had no lights or other features.
Neither of us said anything because we didn't want the other person to think we were nuts but finally my friend said, "Did you see something strange?" I said, "Did they go over the car?"
He said "yes." We kept checking with each other...how many were there? What color?
We turned on the car radio to see if there were any reports but there was nothing at all.
Now, this being south of Hartford, there was also an airport not too far away. Also Pratt and Whitney was somewhere around there and was in full force back in those days. I'm not trying to be weird and I'd rather not have weird replies--does anyone in the military or anyone at all know what these things could have been?

Old 09-09-2011, 06:01 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by in_newengland View Post
Although I don't know what I really believe, I did see something strange one time and I always wonder what it was.

I think it must have been something military -- has anyone ever heard of anything like this?

It was way back in 1973 and it was at dusk while a friend and I were traveling on the highway near Hartford, CT.

We both saw three vee shaped objects swoop down over the hood of our car. You couldn't see them coming and you couldn't see them going--you could only see them swoop across.
They were grayish and had no lights or other features.
Neither of us said anything because we didn't want the other person to think we were nuts but finally my friend said, "Did you see something strange?" I said, "Did they go over the car?"
He said "yes." We kept checking with each other...how many were there? What color?
We turned on the car radio to see if there were any reports but there was nothing at all.
Now, this being south of Hartford, there was also an airport not too far away. Also Pratt and Whitney was somewhere around there and was in full force back in those days. I'm not trying to be weird and I'd rather not have weird replies--does anyone in the military or anyone at all know what these things could have been?
I once had a co-worker who was as intelligent and level-headed as anyone I had ever met who once saw a large silver triangle appear then quickly disappear above a traffic light as he and his wife sat waiting for the light to change. I assume the incident occurred in PA because that was where this fellow was from. I asked him what he thought it was and he thought it could have been time travelers in some sort of machine moving through his time. He really didn't know but his wife noticed it too.

Since we have no clue how far human technology will advance, I suppose we can assume time travel may someday be a possibility. Maybe some of the UFO stuff we are seeing these days are future time travelers?

Last edited by High_Plains_Retired; 09-09-2011 at 06:09 PM..

Old 09-09-2011, 06:33 PM

5,739 posts, read 6,897,267 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by High_Plains_Retired View Post
I once had a co-worker who was as intelligent and level-headed as anyone I had ever met who once saw a large silver triangle appear then quickly disappear above a traffic light as he and his wife sat waiting for the light to change. I assume the incident occurred in PA because that was where this fellow was from. I asked him what he thought it was and he thought it could have been time travelers in some sort of machine moving through his time. He really didn't know but his wife noticed it too.
Since we have no clue how far human technology will advance, I suppose we can assume time travel may someday be a possibility. Maybe some of the UFO stuff we are seeing these days are future time travelers?
* A pilot saw this "disappearance", experienced a slight turbulence when he flew through the spot.
* A theory about crop circles is that they are markers of a sort for time travelers, each highly individualistic and temporary of course. Easily computer-designed.
All it takes is technology.

Old 09-09-2011, 06:45 PM

1 posts, read 1,653 times
Perhaps aliens aren't visiting us because we are out in the middle of nowhere with no inhabitable planets in sight in any direction. Who wants to visit a little blue and green oasis with a bunch of wierdos on it?

Old 09-09-2011, 07:00 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by EdJinx View Post
Perhaps aliens aren't visiting us because we are out in the middle of nowhere with no inhabitable planets in sight in any direction. Who wants to visit a little blue and green oasis with a bunch of wierdos on it?
Somehow I think they may be watching our election years from somewhere in a big leather recliner with a bag of Redenbacher popcorn in their lap, or whatever in them constitutes a lap. I do that sometimes on C-D's POC forums.

Old 09-09-2011, 10:33 PM

1,200 posts, read 1,597,279 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by detwahDJ View Post
* A theory about crop circles is that they are markers of a sort for time travelers, each highly individualistic and temporary of course. Easily computer-designed.
All it takes is technology.
Most crop circles are hoaxes even prominent UFO researchers agree to that; the ones that are not man made have other theories one of which involves plasma vortex.

Old 09-09-2011, 10:36 PM

1,200 posts, read 1,597,279 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by EdJinx View Post
I could see that as a plausible theory, perhaps they do not want to interfere with our development or they feel we're too aggressive and thus wouldn't be wise to give us more advanced technology as of yet?

Old 09-10-2011, 09:33 AM

40,049 posts, read 34,484,174 times
About two years ago, I happened to be looking out of my window (I've got an unobstructed view that takes in the whole New York City skyline), and I saw what I first took to be just another airplane in the night sky.

Suddenly, the "plane" turned into a lopsided pinkish rectangle, the apparent size of a full moon, and then winked out of sight. The whole event didn't take more than four or five seconds. And the first thought that jumped into my mind was, there had to be at least five million other people who had the same opportunity to see what I saw, yet there wasn't a peep anywhere in the media about it.

I am not speculating on what I saw, because I have no idea what it could possibly have been. All I know is that I DID see it; quite literally, an Unidentified Flying Object.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Unexplained Mysteries and Paranormal