Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Unexplained Mysteries and Paranormal
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-10-2011, 09:49 PM

9,855 posts, read 10,412,481 times

Advertisements

What is fnord? Definition from WhatIs.com
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-10-2011, 10:00 PM

16,431 posts, read 22,196,724 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by miyu View Post
I wish I was a part of the illuminati.
Slip into Bohemian Grove next meeting and you might be part of the ceremonies...

Old 03-10-2011, 10:09 PM

4,272 posts, read 3,787,515 times
I believe that there is a covert group issuing conspiracy theories every two hours in order to numb and dumb down the human race to make it ripe for usurpation...

....but that's just a theory.

Old 03-10-2011, 10:13 PM

9,848 posts, read 8,280,777 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mudbone View Post
I read about different conspiracy theories and believe that alot of them are true. One i was really looking at is the illuminati which is where a small group of evil billioniares plot to control the world and such.I personally believe there is such a thing and wanted to know what others thought, and what other conspiracies do you believe exist.
I'm sure on some level they exist (maybe just politicians who are not billionaires), but I am clueless to their actual influence versus perceptions being discussed.
They could be all powerful or they could be about as powerful as the person calling bingo, I don't know. Does anyone know?

If they are a secret society, isn't the main focus to remain secret about what is going on with them?

Old 03-10-2011, 10:17 PM

9,855 posts, read 10,412,481 times
I believe it is a secret society of hedonistic polticians and billionaires who who think they are able to control the country and punish certain individuals via the banking industry. In this day and age, they are not "all that".

Old 03-10-2011, 11:02 PM

9,848 posts, read 8,280,777 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by pommysmommy View Post
I believe it is a secret society of hedonistic polticians and billionaires who who think they are able to control the country and punish certain individuals via the banking industry. In this day and age, they are not "all that".
OUR banking industry is flat asterisk broke.

Look up what "Future Value" is regarding banks and see the scam being played right now so banks look like they are solvent.

Insolvent banks for an insolvent nation don't you know! :-)

Old 03-11-2011, 01:29 AM

2,807 posts, read 7,585,225 times
Are they real? Yes.
Should we be fear-mongering about it? No.

I'm the first person to agree that there are conspiracies out there and that people should stop discounting conspiracy theories just because they're labeled as such...but what's the point of dwelling on conspiracies, really? If the illuminati are as powerful as they're made out to be, they'll take over the world and there will be nothing we can do to stop them. If they're not as bad-a** as they're painted, they'll fail and people will have worried for nothing.

There are so many potentially devastating outcomes in life...your spouse cheating, your child getting sick, losing your job, home, etc...worrying about any of these things BEFORE they happen is only giving you LESS time to fully enjoy the here-and-now, you're essentially cheating yourself out of the joy of the moment when you fret about these things. I actually think sometimes the energy put into that fear and paranoia is so intense it helps manifest the dreaded outcome a person desperately wants to avoid.

Old 03-11-2011, 01:44 AM

9,961 posts, read 17,522,258 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by miyu View Post
I wish I was a part of the illuminati.

I hear they are having an open house/chili cookoff next week for their annual membership drive... All you have to have is a billion dollars and an interest in world domination--and a valid email address.

Old 03-11-2011, 03:52 AM

16,431 posts, read 22,196,724 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by luvmycat View Post
Are they real? Yes.
They have existed for a long, long time and have not succeeded yet, though much harm has been done.

Old 03-11-2011, 05:10 AM

22,278 posts, read 21,725,695 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by luvmycat View Post
Are they real? Yes.

I'm the first person to agree that there are conspiracies out there and that people should stop discounting conspiracy theories just because they're labeled as such...but what's the point of dwelling on conspiracies, really? If the illuminati are as powerful as they're made out to be, they'll take over the world and there will be nothing we can do to stop them. If they're not as bad-a** as they're painted, they'll fail and people will have worried for nothing.

There are so many potentially devastating outcomes in life...your spouse cheating, your child getting sick, losing your job, home, etc...worrying about any of these things BEFORE they happen is only giving you LESS time to fully enjoy the here-and-now, you're essentially cheating yourself out of the joy of the moment when you fret about these things. I actually think sometimes the energy put into that fear and paranoia is so intense it helps manifest the dreaded outcome a person desperately wants to avoid.
Thank you! This should be a mandatory posting to every SHTF thread at city-data!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Unexplained Mysteries and Paranormal