U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Unexplained Mysteries and Paranormal
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-07-2011, 11:36 PM

32,040 posts, read 33,659,824 times

Advertisements

Yes, haven't we all?
Rate this post positively Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-08-2011, 12:20 AM

5,563 posts, read 6,639,236 times
Based on some experiences I have had in this regard where I was thinking something and my wife turns around and answers me preemptively or asks did you say something. This IMO is telepathy and I think if exercised, the brain can be unlocked to do this at will. I have even experienced this with my kids.

Old 04-08-2011, 01:34 AM

7,087 posts, read 13,634,286 times
life after death,

Dang Bubba, I know people who don't have a life after Birth!!!

Old 04-11-2011, 03:49 AM

4,583 posts, read 4,065,834 times
I realise this was 2 pages ago, but here we go...

Quote:
Originally Posted by ShiftFn
...we all know that in dreams we can see many different 'things' but they aren't real
There you go assuming that you know what is real. Imagination is as real as you are. The fact that it is not in 3D does not make it unreal. If you use the terms properly, you will see that 'real' is just as imaginary as ghosts are and ghosts are just as real as you are.

Who has taught you that these things are not real? Science.

So we have science and left-sided brain functioning people on one side and religion, art, and right-sided people on the other. Who is right? I can guess that you are in the first group!

People throughout the ages have been working with other dimensions. For example, look at how many people belong to secret societies and all the shenanigans they get up to. Are they all mad? If so, then we are in deep do-doo.
At least 80% of the top business people, royalty and politicians probably belong to one fraternity or other and each has an allegiance and set of rules based on some spiritual belief system or other.

Old 04-14-2011, 01:20 PM

39 posts, read 37,312 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ocpaul20
ie Are we a multi-dimensional being but, due to some distortions or faults, we can generally only perceive the 3D aspect of ourselves?
there is no more dimensions than 3

Quote:
There you go assuming that you know what is real. Imagination is as real as you are.
No it isn't, ideas are something completely different than empirical facts. If I would imagine that I have a suitcase full of money it isn't make that I really have this money, if I would imagine that I possess Rolls-Royce it isn't make that I really have it etc. visions haven't anything to do with this what is real.

Quote:
So we have science and left-sided brain functioning people on one side and religion, art, and right-sided people on the other.
I am using both sides of brain. Art is good thing but you should't exaggerate, no each 'creativity' is good (religion).

Quote:
For example, look at how many people belong to secret societies and all the shenanigans they get up to. Are they all mad?
Yes, they are

Old 04-14-2011, 05:30 PM

13,145 posts, read 20,471,905 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ocpaul20 View Post
I think the whole thing boils down to whether we have ONLY our 3D body and nothing else, or whether we have other parts which are a composite part of our whole larger being.

ie Are we a multi-dimensional being but, due to some distortions or faults, we can generally only perceive the 3D aspect of ourselves?

If this is the case, it would explain a multitude of other phenomena that are reported by people all the time.

Scientists think they need to be able to measure things for them to be 'real' or proved, but that is a very narrow viewpoint.

Rather like a 2 dimensional being only perceiving what is on the flat plane of a piece of paper. As soon as a 3 dimensional pen draws a line on the paper, it 'suddenly' appears from nowhere to the 2D being.
Like I've been saying, we almost certainly know less about universe than we do know. We've only been seriously and objectively looking at the true nature of the universe and our place in it with useful tools for a couple centuries...hardly any time at all in a 14 billion year old universe. It's the height of ignorant self-aggrandizement to step back now and proclaim we know it all.

I think plenty of genuinely paranormal stuff does happen (though the majority probably IS B.S.), but it is most likely natural, scientifically understandable phenomena that we just don't understand yet.

Old 04-14-2011, 06:00 PM
Status: "02/11/21: I am fully vaccinated. Yay!!!!!" (set 12 days ago)

24,225 posts, read 24,687,147 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chango View Post
Open your mind to the possibility of "other worlds", because that's where science is going today.
I thought that would be too LDS for your tastes, Chango.

Old 04-15-2011, 03:51 PM

13,145 posts, read 20,471,905 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Katzpur View Post
I thought that would be too LDS for your tastes, Chango.
Damnit, you people are rubbing off on me, despite my best efforts to the contrary.

Old 04-15-2011, 11:23 PM

1,635 posts, read 1,733,259 times
Actually if you think about it this existence we live in is really just the falling from heaven...God creates Lucifer the most beautiful creation ever made....Lucifer ask God to experience existence without God...I.E. The Big Bang(The Falling or Separation) To not be part of God is to have no knowledge of why....The Universe(Lucifer) have existed for a very long time with no conscinous until life is born here on Earth...Now Lucifer realizes who it really is,and is very close to going back to being whole again..Soon Lucifer and God will be one again..

Old 04-16-2011, 01:04 AM

31 posts, read 61,587 times
Nde's with remote viewing experiences that can be corraborated are seen n the medical community and they are ne reason that almost 80 percent of doctors believe in god or are spiritual. This is at bare minimum pretty good evidence that the consciousness can survive after death. Yes I have loony athiests even try to xplain it through the laws of physics, but they are laughable at best.

Atheists-naturalists- materialists usually like to say that nde's are hallucinations but when you are clinically dead in every sense of the word, can recall everything your family did with amazing accuracy when they are at home and you are clinically dead, the
atheist- naturalists xplanations either become comical or break down into complete silence.

Doctor Gary Habermases artcle on nde's with remote viewing give some great xamples of why these experiences are unexplainable by the naturalist. There is no brain activity registering at all on any device yet these peole are having xperiences in reality that can be corroborated by witnesss.

The only reason materialists won't believe more is that they want a person to be dead for a week and come to life, which we know is very tough since most bodies decompose. And would function after that long so the soul wouldn't have a bod to cme back to, but when the brain has been clincally dead for 20 minutes or more this is compelling evidence that the soul is survivng while the body is clinically dead by medical definition.

I have to laugh when I hear an atheist say that one day science will find out why, because that is a statement of faith itself. If people can have nde's with remote viewing and be proven , then why would you think that brain dead people having
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Unexplained Mysteries and Paranormal