U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Unexplained Mysteries and Paranormal
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Search Forums  (Advanced)
Reply Start New Thread
 
Old 04-16-2011, 01:17 AM
 
Location: playing in the colorful Colorado dirt
4,486 posts, read 4,727,638 times
Reputation: 6991

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by SeekerSA View Post
Based on some experiences I have had in this regard where I was thinking something and my wife turns around and answers me preemptively or asks did you say something. This IMO is telepathy and I think if exercised, the brain can be unlocked to do this at will. I have even experienced this with my kids.
I have the same thing going on in our family, between my husband, my middle son and myself. It drives people who don't know us very well crazy. I'll be thinking about something and my husband will comment on it. I'll pick up the phone to call my son and he's already on the line calling me ect...

I understand the bond with my son but, my husband and I have been like this since the day we met.
Rate this post positively Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

 
Old 04-16-2011, 01:17 AM
 
31 posts, read 61,413 times
Reputation: 21
Near death xperiences with corroborated remote viewing are suddenly having hallucinations when they leave the corroborated nde and have a mystical experience of heaven or hell. On the contrary, the first part of their nde is backed up with physical facts which leads us to believe tha the second part of their nde is probably very real.

This can now be put down as mystical experience that our life is more than our bodies and we survive beyond our death. Agan be carefull of falling into the narrow trap of scientism as it is a very narrow worldview at arrving at truth. Thes types of nde's show why I believe that a paradigm shift will take place one day where naturalism and materialism will be replaced by a more spiritual worldview (at bare minimum), and will show what religious belief knew all along by inner intuition, that the human cnscience (soul) survives physical death. Please forgive the typos as I'm typing from my iPod (a superhuman feat all it's own lol )
Rate this post positively Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 04-16-2011, 02:37 AM
 
31 posts, read 61,413 times
Reputation: 21
Quote:
Originally Posted by pamelaBeurman View Post
I have the same thing going on in our family, between my husband, my middle son and myself. It drives people who don't know us very well crazy. I'll be thinking about something and my husband will comment on it. I'll pick up the phone to call my son and he's already on the line calling me ect...

I understand the bond with my son but, my husband and I have been like this since the day we met.
Sounds like soulmates to me
Some of the more important truths in life cannot be found through the scientific method.
Rate this post positively Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 04-19-2011, 03:29 AM
 
Location: Belgium
1,173 posts, read 1,775,994 times
Reputation: 1425
To better understand the "supernatural" phenomena, I would advise reading the books of Michael Newton (Journey Of Soulds, Destiny Of Souls). They offer a very scientific approach, cemented by inductive reasoning, of a vast amount of past-life and life-between-life experiences.
Rate this post positively Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 04-19-2011, 10:58 AM
 
21,552 posts, read 19,357,534 times
Reputation: 12145
Here's a few thoughts I had, not that I believe in them 100% but just ideas from sources I've read.
What if God didn't create us but some lesser/other power did? I'm of the opinion that we've had help evolving here on earth, we as humans just don't fit in like the rest of nature does. We seemed to really evolve in a very short time very recently in historical terms. Maybe aliens. Maybe aliens believe in God. What if aliens landed and were freindly and super advanced and spoke of God. That would blow the minds of aethiests. If they didn't believe in God, many very religious people would be upset.
What if Satan created mankind? We're imperfect and could have been his pet project. Then God decided to give us a break and give us a shot at salvation. I think the Gnostic texts alluded to this.
What if Satan isn't bad and is in charge of Hell to keep bad souls/spirits in line, like a prison. He'd just have bad press from being in charge of evil spirits.
Maybe Satan was in charge of weeding out the bad spirits for God. See who's fit to move on. I believe in a loving, forgiving God, but you have to want forgiveness and earn it. Some souls may not and they have to go somewhere to be kept out of trouble. if hell is a bad place, maybe its from them doing what they want and being evil and not Satan's doings. I'm not even sure I believe in Satan. He's awfully flawed to have been so high up in God's hierarchy. Maybe God will forgive him eventually, though. That doesn't mean that there couldn't be bad spirits/demons, though. And I definitely believe in good spirits/angels.
Rate this post positively Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 04-19-2011, 11:20 AM
 
Location: playing in the colorful Colorado dirt
4,486 posts, read 4,727,638 times
Reputation: 6991
Quote:
Originally Posted by Christian_catholic View Post
Sounds like soulmates to me
Some of the more important truths in life cannot be found through the scientific method.
That is so very true!

I'm sure that one day science will confirm that what we now consider paranormal is, in fact, quite normal for some of us. Being a sensitive really isn't all that different from being a musician or artist. Some can do it some can't. It's all in how your brain's wired.

And yes, he's my soulmate.
Rate this post positively Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 04-19-2011, 11:23 AM
 
Location: playing in the colorful Colorado dirt
4,486 posts, read 4,727,638 times
Reputation: 6991
Quote:
Originally Posted by Icy Tea View Post
Here's a few thoughts I had, not that I believe in them 100% but just ideas from sources I've read.
What if God didn't create us but some lesser/other power did? I'm of the opinion that we've had help evolving here on earth, we as humans just don't fit in like the rest of nature does. We seemed to really evolve in a very short time very recently in historical terms. Maybe aliens. Maybe aliens believe in God. What if aliens landed and were freindly and super advanced and spoke of God. That would blow the minds of aethiests. If they didn't believe in God, many very religious people would be upset.
What if Satan created mankind? We're imperfect and could have been his pet project. Then God decided to give us a break and give us a shot at salvation. I think the Gnostic texts alluded to this.
What if Satan isn't bad and is in charge of Hell to keep bad souls/spirits in line, like a prison. He'd just have bad press from being in charge of evil spirits.
Maybe Satan was in charge of weeding out the bad spirits for God. See who's fit to move on. I believe in a loving, forgiving God, but you have to want forgiveness and earn it. Some souls may not and they have to go somewhere to be kept out of trouble. if hell is a bad place, maybe its from them doing what they want and being evil and not Satan's doings. I'm not even sure I believe in Satan. He's awfully flawed to have been so high up in God's hierarchy. Maybe God will forgive him eventually, though. That doesn't mean that there couldn't be bad spirits/demons, though. And I definitely believe in good spirits/angels.
But then again, we could just be some celestial science fair exhibit! Ya never know...
Rate this post positively Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 04-19-2011, 12:31 PM
 
5,460 posts, read 8,640,825 times
Reputation: 3530
Quote:
Originally Posted by Christian_catholic View Post
Nde's with remote viewing experiences that can be corraborated are seen n the medical community and they are ne reason that almost 80 percent of doctors believe in god or are spiritual. This is at bare minimum pretty good evidence that the consciousness can survive after death. Yes I have loony athiests even try to xplain it through the laws of physics, but they are laughable at best.
Your views are based on what? Links please.


Quote:
Originally Posted by Christian_catholic View Post
The only reason materialists won't believe more is that they want a person to be dead for a week and come to life, which we know is very tough since most bodies decompose. And would function after that long so the soul wouldn't have a bod to cme back to, but when the brain has been clincally dead for 20 minutes or more this is compelling evidence that the soul is survivng while the body is clinically dead by medical definition.
Keep in mind that there's a difference between "clinical death" or "brain death" and "actual death". The definition of "clinical death" is under debate and subject to change. If a person can be revived, then it's unlikely they were completely "brain dead" in the first place. The reason is because brain activity can be so weak that it's difficult to detect. Once again, you fail to provide any supportive evidence to back up your personally subjective claims and views.
Rate this post positively Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.


Reply
Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Message:

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Unexplained Mysteries and Paranormal
Similar Threads

All times are GMT -6.

© 2005-2021, Advameg, Inc. · Please obey Forum Rules · Terms of Use and Privacy Policy · Bug Bounty

City-Data.com - Contact Us - Archive 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30, 31, 32, 33, 34, 35, 36, 37 - Top