Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Unexplained Mysteries and Paranormal
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 04-23-2011, 02:28 PM

6,387 posts, read 6,368,929 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by nimchimpsky View Post
I totally agree! I lived separate from myself until 16 and separate from God until 20. I feel more alive now than ever, now that I recognize that we all have souls and those souls are all parts of God. We all have God--the eternal source of peace, joy, and unconditional love--inside us.
Beautifully said, imo!

And your experiences are very fascinating to read about-- thank you for sharing!

Blessings!
brian

Old 04-23-2011, 02:30 PM

2,029 posts, read 1,365,030 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Phazelwood View Post
I believe people have near death experiences but are you only wanting people who believe they must mean something spiritual when they happen to join in the thread or are you open to opinions about them in general?

Phazelwood, I meant I do not want to debate whether the NDE is really happening or not. Some will argue the mind is playing tricks on them.

I am open to all opinions...that is what I want.

Old 04-23-2011, 02:41 PM

2,741 posts, read 8,885,092 times
NDE's are real, not imaginary. One of the most fascinating accounts of the NDE experience I have ever heard or read about is this one (from a former athiest):

Ian McCormack - Heaven Hell and the Box Jellyfish | Ians Testimony

Old 04-23-2011, 02:49 PM

488 posts, read 1,251,642 times
and what about the near death experiences of those attempting to commit suicide?To my knowledge (not that I ever tried it, but I used to read very much on this issue, I admit) They have a totally different account it is said these people do not encounter any kind of light nor love nor any form of beauty but they feel emptiness and are in despair not knowing why they are still conscious.. yet they still have an out of the body-experience.. any thoughts?

Old 04-23-2011, 03:18 PM

26 posts, read 43,174 times
Default Nde

Have experienced a NDE several times, but usely theres an angel telling me to go back because its not my time. I have had conversations (short ones) with the Savior, Enoch, Adam, Joseph Smith, and several ancestors. After the first one I started having dreams and visions and actually started seeing things that would happen a few minutes or a few hours ahead of the event.

Old 04-23-2011, 03:24 PM

488 posts, read 1,251,642 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BudinAk View Post
NDE's are real, not imaginary. One of the most fascinating accounts of the NDE experience I have ever heard or read about is this one (from a former athiest):

Ian McCormack - Heaven Hell and the Box Jellyfish | Ians Testimony
thank you. this seems to be pretty interesting I've already read the shortened version

Old 04-23-2011, 04:02 PM

2,029 posts, read 1,365,030 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ahigherway View Post
Very interesting topic. I'd love to hear more.
I know that "astral projection" or OBE (out of body experience) is nothing new, and that many people have had such experiences, even without being near to death.
I've never had such an experience (or that I can remember, at least).
But my impression is that it requires a certain sensibility to be able to experience it.
On a VERY interesting note:
I think almost all (if not all) people who have had an OBE recall seeing a type of "silver cord" that connects their "spirit/soul" to their physical body. In Ecclesiates 12, we read this:

"6 Or ever the silver cord be loosed, or the golden bowl be broken, or the pitcher be broken at the fountain, or the wheel broken at the cistern. 7 Then shall the dust return to the earth as it was: and the spirit shall return unto God who gave it."

See the connection??

Blessings!
brian
Brian, you are correct, many see a cord connecting the spirit with the body.
There are many things I left out, I wanted to keep it as brief as possible.

Old 04-23-2011, 04:13 PM

5,965 posts, read 7,018,151 times
The only NDE I recall is when I was in trouble in my teen years and my parents came close to killing me themselves ;-)

Old 04-23-2011, 04:54 PM

5,503 posts, read 5,570,961 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ahigherway View Post
Beautifully said, imo!

And your experiences are very fascinating to read about-- thank you for sharing!

Blessings!
brian
Brian...you may be interested in reading "Return from Tomorrow" by Dr. George Ritchie. An account of his NDE.

Spoiler

Synopsis

At the age of twenty, George Ritchie died in an Army hospital. Nine minutes later, he returned to life. What happened to him during those minutes was so compelling that it changed his life forever. In Return from Tomorrow, Ritchie tells of his transforming encounter with the Son of God, who led him to encounters with other nonphysical beings at the very doorway of eternity.
Ritchie's extraordinary experience not only altered his view of eternity, but it has also altered the lives of hundreds of thousands of readers. One of the most startling and hopeful descriptions of the realm beyond, this classic will inspire readers from all walks of life.

Very thought provoking...

Old 04-23-2011, 07:20 PM

10,449 posts, read 12,462,379 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by doesntspringtomind View Post
and what about the near death experiences of those attempting to commit suicide?To my knowledge (not that I ever tried it, but I used to read very much on this issue, I admit) They have a totally different account it is said these people do not encounter any kind of light nor love nor any form of beauty but they feel emptiness and are in despair not knowing why they are still conscious.. yet they still have an out of the body-experience.. any thoughts?
Suicide is never part of the plan. That's why. Connectedness and a sense of purpose come when you are following your plan and suicide is never part of that plan. I attempted suicide when I was going deaf (when I was already blind) but as I tried to I got a very strong sense of this isn't meant to be and I am supposed to live and my deaf-blindness has a purpose so I need to get through this so other people can learn from seeing me. When I did this I felt disconnected from my body but I did not have the out-of-body sight and in fact my deaf-blindness felt even more imprisoning than ever.

I am glad I didn't make that choice because my sight and hearing have both returned and my career path is now to become an interpreter for the deaf and deaf-blind, and none of that could have happened if I had succeeded in committing suicide.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Unexplained Mysteries and Paranormal