U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Unexplained Mysteries and Paranormal
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 04-23-2011, 08:27 PM

10,452 posts, read 11,287,123 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by raphael3 View Post
Have experienced a NDE several times, but usely theres an angel telling me to go back because its not my time. I have had conversations (short ones) with the Savior, Enoch, Adam, Joseph Smith, and several ancestors. After the first one I started having dreams and visions and actually started seeing things that would happen a few minutes or a few hours ahead of the event.
I'd love to hear more about your story.

I've also gotten signs and warnings from Angels, (not to the extent you have). But they were also supportive and loving even in times of trouble. For example I felt a pain in my foot in 5 minutes before my friend's foot got run over by a car. The pain I had was exactly lined up with where his foot got run over. I also had a strong urge not to use my blind cane and that was good because otherwise it would have gotten completely destroyed and possibly pulled me under the car with it (that's been known to happen in some cases of blind pedestrians getting hit--where they wouldn't have died but their cane got caught under the tires and pulled them along with it). I also had a tremendous sense of peace and could see a green light of protection around me when I ran away from an abusive situation. Both times when I went into my abuser's house to get my stuff she wasn't there, even though she was at home 98% of the time I had lived with her in general and had never been out past 5PM, which is when I went to get my stuff both times. Also friends and family were so helpful beyond anything you can imagine, so I know Angels were behind it all making it happen. I also prayed to them to help my abuser on her own path to healing and now she is quite an enlightened and peaceful individual, so we have both put that abuse behind us. God is wonderful like that. If you want to be saved and turn towards God, all you have to do is ask for help and S/He will be right there for you. God never turns away from us; it is always us who turns away from God. But when we turn to God, God is always there for us.
Rate this post positively

Old 04-23-2011, 09:09 PM

6,928 posts, read 10,785,830 times
I was just reading about death-bed visions from a nurse's forum. I will post the link later on today when I am on the computer because I'm typing from my cell phone. It was so freakin enlightening that I was shocked. Death bed visions or NDE reported by patients are COMMON occurances for hospice nurses!! They see their patients experience visions before their death frequently!! I read stories from nurses who said their were patients who saw their dead family members and talked with them and seeing Jesus and angels before they died shortly thereafter. And I read others where the nurses reported the patients were screaming demons were in the room or they were burning before they died. I'm gonna give you guys the link tonight. Its awesome and an incredible look into the lives of those who are only moments from death. All from the prospective of the nurses.

Old 04-23-2011, 11:13 PM

1,883 posts, read 2,685,489 times
The problem with NDE's is this.Most people who are clinically dead and then resuscitated don't experience anything.In some clinical studies only about 1/4 the people that clinically died and then came back reported anything.Most,then,reported nothing.Which leaves those wanting to attach religious significance to them having to explain why this is.It is logical to assume that if these experiences are true examples of life after death,then ALL the people who have died and been revived should have a story of some kind.But if only a minority are having some kind of experience,then why is this?Why only a few,and not all,since all who died would be bound to the laws of having to go to a heaven or hell if this were true after death religious experiences.

Moreover,a further problem for the evangelical Christians is that most NDE's do not support the evangelical Christian view.Most are kind of New Agey.So what we see then is Christians wanting to believe in these as proof,but wanting to believe only in the ones that support their theological views and dismiss the rest as frauds,which of course weakens the whole idea of NDE's providing any kind of certain proof.Here is one the evangelicals will no doubt take issue with,but his seems to be validated by miraculous healing as well.

http://www.mellen-thomas.com/stories.htm (broken link)

"The Light responded. The information transferred to me was that during your life after death experience your beliefs shape the kind of feedback you are getting before the Light. If you were a Buddhist or Catholic or Fundamentalist, you get a feedback loop of your own stuff. You have a chance to look at it and examine it, but most people do not. As the Light revealed itself to me, I became aware that what I was really seeing was our higher Self matrix."

"I asked God: “What is the best religion on the planet? Which one is right?” And Godhead said, with great love: “I don’t care.” That was incredible grace. When Godhead said, “I don’t care,” I immediately understood that it is for us to care about. It is important, because we are the caring beings. It matters to us and that is where it is important. What you have is the energy equation in spirituality. Ultimate Godhead does not care if you are Protestant, Buddhist, or whatever. It is all a blooming facet of the whole. I wish that all religions would realize it and let each other be. It is not the end of each religion, but we are talking about the same God. Live and let live. Each has a different view. And it all adds up to the big picture; it is all important."

Yeah,I can hear the amening of this guy's story from the fundies even now.LOL.

Old 04-23-2011, 11:47 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by allenk893
I was just reading about death-bed visions from a nurse's forum. I will post the link later on today when I am on the computer because I'm typing from my cell phone. It was so freakin enlightening that I was shocked. Death bed visions or NDE reported by patients are COMMON occurances for hospice nurses!! They see their patients experience visions before their death frequently!! I read stories from nurses who said their were patients who saw their dead family members and talked with them and seeing Jesus and angels before they died shortly thereafter. And I read others where the nurses reported the patients were screaming demons were in the room or they were burning before they died. I'm gonna give you guys the link tonight. Its awesome and an incredible look into the lives of those who are only moments from death. All from the prospective of the nurses.
That sounds really interesting allenk. Looking forward to your link.

Old 04-24-2011, 06:55 AM

488 posts, read 1,084,595 times
years ago I read the account of a Colombian woman who had been struck by lightning. She happened to write a book about her experience and conversation between her and God and, in a miraculous way she recovered from her lethal injury and was instructed to share her experience with the World. I'd read it again with pleasure. I did a google search on various keywords but can't find it anywhere.. if any of you knows which story I'm talking about or what the woman's name was will you please share it with me, (with us)?

Old 04-24-2011, 08:48 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by lifertexan View Post
"The Light responded. The information transferred to me was that during your life after death experience your beliefs shape the kind of feedback you are getting before the Light. If you were a Buddhist or Catholic or Fundamentalist, you get a feedback loop of your own stuff. You have a chance to look at it and examine it, but most people do not. As the Light revealed itself to me, I became aware that what I was really seeing was our higher Self matrix."

"I asked God: “What is the best religion on the planet? Which one is right?” And Godhead said, with great love: “I don’t care.” That was incredible grace. When Godhead said, “I don’t care,” I immediately understood that it is for us to care about. It is important, because we are the caring beings. It matters to us and that is where it is important. What you have is the energy equation in spirituality. Ultimate Godhead does not care if you are Protestant, Buddhist, or whatever. It is all a blooming facet of the whole. I wish that all religions would realize it and let each other be. It is not the end of each religion, but we are talking about the same God. Live and let live. Each has a different view. And it all adds up to the big picture; it is all important."

Separate religions are for us, to create a sense of community and togetherness, not for God. The important thing isn't what religion you are, but that you love God, love others, and love yourself. The only "religion" God cares about is Love.

Old 04-24-2011, 11:02 AM

1,883 posts, read 2,685,489 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by nimchimpsky View Post

Separate religions are for us, to create a sense of community and togetherness, not for God. The important thing isn't what religion you are, but that you love God, love others, and love yourself. The only "religion" God cares about is Love.

Just to be clear,those words are from a guy detailing what he claims God told him in his NDE,not mine.

Old 04-24-2011, 12:31 PM

2,740 posts, read 8,205,831 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ans57 View Post
Brian...you may be interested in reading "Return from Tomorrow" by Dr. George Ritchie. An account of his NDE.

Spoiler

Synopsis

At the age of twenty, George Ritchie died in an Army hospital. Nine minutes later, he returned to life. What happened to him during those minutes was so compelling that it changed his life forever. In Return from Tomorrow, Ritchie tells of his transforming encounter with the Son of God, who led him to encounters with other nonphysical beings at the very doorway of eternity.
Ritchie's extraordinary experience not only altered his view of eternity, but it has also altered the lives of hundreds of thousands of readers. One of the most startling and hopeful descriptions of the realm beyond, this classic will inspire readers from all walks of life.

Very thought provoking...

I have read that book, and it is excellent!

Bud

Old 04-24-2011, 04:04 PM

6,928 posts, read 10,785,830 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by nimchimpsky View Post
That sounds really interesting allenk. Looking forward to your link.
Thanks for the rep! Here it is! Sorry I was late. I went to bed and then to church this morning!

All nurses forum: Death-bed visions

Here's another from earlier years

All nurses forum: Deathbed visions

Hope you all read through it and enjoy! These thing are VERY real!

Last edited by allenk893; 04-24-2011 at 04:13 PM..

Old 04-24-2011, 04:59 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by allenk893 View Post
Thanks for the rep! Here it is! Sorry I was late. I went to bed and then to church this morning!

All nurses forum: Death-bed visions

Here's another from earlier years

All nurses forum: Deathbed visions

Hope you all read through it and enjoy! These thing are VERY real!
Thanks so much.

Definitely interesting to read about.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Unexplained Mysteries and Paranormal