Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Unexplained Mysteries and Paranormal
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 04-23-2011, 01:04 PM

2,029 posts, read 1,363,628 times

Advertisements

First of all, if you don't believe in NDE...Moderator cut: an open forum where all can post. I am only listing common things that happen during an NDE based on reading personal experiences of many hundreds of individuals over the years.

Common denominators amongst NDEers.
  • floating out of body
  • 360 degree vision
  • enhanced senses
  • sometimes an attempt to communicate with the living at the scene of their death, not realizing they are dead
  • all communication telepathic on other side
  • travel by thought / time travel as well
  • go through a dark tunnel always toward a light
  • usually met by deceased friends and family
  • a feeling of returnng home, where you belong
  • the big guy himself - jesus
  • jesus and god. read more than once of people in their presence stating they gradually both spoke but then it turned into the both of them speaking in total unison, as one.
  • never judged by god, we are already forgiven. we judge ourselves
  • everyone has a life review, you go over both the good and bad
  • told if they cross over into the city (can't think of any other name) they won't be able to come back (return to their bodies)
  • over 13 million americans have had a NDE according to gallup poll
  • 18% of people reported having negative ndes but whenever they cried out to god, he rescued them. always. it just so happens some take 'forever' to realize that, to their own detriment.
  • many of those having a negative experience describe a place of complete darkness, a void. they are getting a spiritual 'time out' for bad behavior
  • seems to be a distinction between paradise/hades and what i called the city earlier. any crossing over into the city and you can not come back.
  • some are given the option of staying or going back to their bodies if they want. most are told they have to come back because they still have work to do for god
  • vast majority want to stay. some even feel guilty for feeling that way because they are leaving loved ones but what awaits on the other side cannot be described
  • those that come back are never the same. many angered for being back in their painful bodies.
  • we retain our individuality yet eventually become one with god. before that happens all impurity is burned out
  • the light appears to muslims/native americans/hindus/etc and becomes what they need to see it is as.
  • when howard storm had his nde an angel told him it was very important he thought of himself as god's favorite. we all must believe this. yeah i know that sounds weird but that is how much he loves us.
  • outside of mary baxter and 1 or 2 others, the negative nde that happens to some is NOT eternal. (hell = our state of mind if you have not forgiven)
  • hell is a temporary spiritual time out, how long that is is up to us
  • here's a part many are not going to like but reincarnation comes up often. if/when we come back, its our decision and its usually a decision to come because we want to attend the university of accelerated learning - earth.
  • we advance faster spiritually by going through the fire/coming back to earth
  • jesus is lord and savior of all. every universe, every creature everywhere. this is the only part i am certain of.

Last edited by june 7th; 04-23-2011 at 02:52 PM..

Old 04-23-2011, 01:18 PM

6,387 posts, read 6,366,046 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Zero 7 View Post
First of all, if you don't believe in NDE's, I ask that you don't join the discussion. I am only listing common things that happen during an NDE based on reading personal experiences of many hundreds of individuals over the years.

• floating out of body
  • 360 degree vision
  • enhanced senses
  • sometimes an attempt to communicate with the living at the scene of their death, not realizing they are dead
  • jesus and god. read more than once of people in the presence of both of them stating they gradually both spoke but then it turned into the both of them speaking in total unison, as one.
  • told if they cross over into the city (can't think of any other name) they won't be able to come back (return to their bodies)
  • 18% of people reported having negative ndes but whenever they cried out to god, he rescued them. always. it just so happens some take 'forever' to realize that, to their own detriment.
  • many of those having a negative experience describe a place of complete darkness, a void. they are getting a spiritual 'time out' for bad behavior
  • seems to be a distinction between paradise/hades and what i called the city earlier. any crossing over into the city and you can not come back.
  • some are given the option of staying or going back to their bodies if they want. most are told they have to come back because they still have work to do for god
  • vast majority want to stay. some even feel guilty for feeling that way because they are leaving loved ones but what awaits on the other side cannot be described
  • those that come back are never the same. many angered for being back in their painful bodies.
  • we retain our individuality yet eventually become one with god. before that happens all impurity is burned out
  • the light appears to muslims/native americans/hindus/etc and becomes what they need to see it is as.
  • when howard storm had his nde an angel told him it was very important he thought of himself as god's favorite. we all must believe this. yeah i know that sounds weird but that is how much he loves us.
  • outside of mary baxter and 1 or 2 others, the negative nde that happens to some is NOT eternal. (hell = our state of mind if you have not forgiven)
  • here's a part many are not going to like but reincarnation comes up often. if/when we come back, its our decision and its usually a decision to come because we want to attend the university of accelerated learning - earth.
  • jesus is lord and savior of all. every universe, every creature everywhere. this is the only part i am certain of.
Very interesting topic. I'd love to hear more.
I know that "astral projection" or OBE (out of body experience) is nothing new, and that many people have had such experiences, even without being near to death.
I've never had such an experience (or that I can remember, at least).
But my impression is that it requires a certain sensibility to be able to experience it.
On a VERY interesting note:
I think almost all (if not all) people who have had an OBE recall seeing a type of "silver cord" that connects their "spirit/soul" to their physical body. In Ecclesiates 12, we read this:

"6 Or ever the silver cord be loosed, or the golden bowl be broken, or the pitcher be broken at the fountain, or the wheel broken at the cistern. 7 Then shall the dust return to the earth as it was: and the spirit shall return unto God who gave it."

See the connection??

Blessings!
brian

Old 04-23-2011, 01:33 PM

10,449 posts, read 12,456,919 times
I have not visited Heaven but I have been outside of my body watching down on myself when I was blind and in a recurring traumatic situation many times. Because of this I know for a fact there is a soul and consciousness separate from the body. I experienced these three:

floating out of body
360 degree vision (despite physical blindness)
enhanced senses

Old 04-23-2011, 01:36 PM

6,387 posts, read 6,366,046 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by nimchimpsky View Post
I have not visited Heaven but I have been outside of my body watching down on myself when I was blind and in a recurring traumatic situation many times. Because of this I know for a fact there is a soul and consciousness separate from the body. I experienced these three:

floating out of body
360 degree vision (despite physical blindness)
enhanced senses
Very interesting..
Can you elaborate a bit? Did you see a "white cord" that kept you connected to your body?

Blessings,
brian

Old 04-23-2011, 01:41 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Arena valleygirl View Post
Moderator cut: Orphaned
The way I understand is that we are all meant to go to Heaven. But when we believe ourselves to be bad, or when we hurt others without remorse, the guilt and bad feelings or the willing choice to turn away from God's love is what lands us in Hell. Negative thoughts and deeds have lower vibrations that resonate with a lower level in the Universe that is like Hell. But I don't think Hell is imposed by anyone other than our own souls because I believe God is all-loving and has no judgment. Sometimes we judge ourselves and decide we deserve to be in Hell but God is always there to forgive us and is just waiting for us to forgive ourselves so we can rise into Heaven. I also believe we have multiple lives and that we reincarnate into a life to learn a lesson. If we fail to learn a lesson we reincarnate into a similar situation, but it is not vengeful on God's part or with punishment in mind. It's with love in mind, for the purpose of spiritual evolution. If we hurt others we have to come to understand what it feels like but as soon as we learn that lesson we free ourselves from that negative reality. Ultimately God is love and we all eventually make it to Heaven. I don't know that I have it all right but this is at least how I have come to understand the afterlife.

Last edited by june 7th; 04-24-2011 at 08:14 AM..

Old 04-23-2011, 01:42 PM

6,370 posts, read 7,027,829 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Zero 7 View Post
First of all, if you don't believe in NDE's, I ask that you don't join the discussion. I am only listing common things that happen during an NDE based on reading personal experiences of many hundreds of individuals over the years.

• floating out of body
  • 360 degree vision
  • enhanced senses
  • jesus and god. read more than once of people in their presence stating they gradually both spoke but then it turned into the both of them speaking in total unison, as one.
Everyday lived apart from the Spirit of God is a Near death experience.

;-)

Old 04-23-2011, 01:47 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ahigherway View Post
Very interesting..
Can you elaborate a bit? Did you see a "white cord" that kept you connected to your body?

Blessings,
brian
No but I felt a sense of still being connected to this life. Some people see it literally and some people feel it or are just aware of it.

I do remember seeing things in incredible detail for the first time. From what I can remember, I was born totally blind and became legally blind when I was adopted and started receiving the proper nourishment for my eyes to develop. I had never had 20/20 vision until these recurring experiences. I guess I will just go ahead and say it--I was raped in my bedroom and bathroom on a weekly basis for about 4 years and I left my body during each of these times.

I remember seeing what hair looked like for the first time, all the individual strands of hair, and I remember seeing golden beads on the floor and how the light shone on them and I could see that the pinpoint of light was only part of the bead. (With my vision before it would have just looked like a speck of light.) I also remember seeing parts of my anatomy that I had never seen before, not even with my limited vision, and wouldn't be able to see without a mirror anyway. So my vision and awareness were completely separate from my body. I could see in all directions as well. It wasn't like seeing out the front of my eyes. It was like seeing out the sides and back of my head, and also above and below. Most of the time I would hover where the ceiling and walls met, but sometimes my consciousness would come closer to what was actually happening and sometimes I would wander outside the room.

I also remember having two sorts of awarenesses. I was completely distressed on one hand but on the other hand there was a higher part of myself that was completely at peace despite all that was going on, that was somehow floating above the traumatic experience the whole time.

I sleep in that room now about one week out of the month and the way the room looks now with my returned vision (I went totally blind and then got my vision back 2 months ago and see better than I ever have in my life) is just like the visual details I remember from my childhood.

God bless you too!

Old 04-23-2011, 01:48 PM

9,688 posts, read 10,008,103 times
There was a man in Africa back some ten years who got into a fight with his wife , drove his car away and crashed it and died right there........ Well his wife went to the Lord and said ``You promised that my husband was going into ministries and now he died bring him back and have ministries``...... Three days later the man was still dead so they took his died body to a prayer meeting at a church and when down to the basement of the church and prayed and the man came alive ......The man said that he went to Hell , because a angel said you sinned and had ought against your wife , but the Lord called the man to go to Heaven so the man went to Heaven and the Lord said He was going to send him back to the world as a witness of raising Lazarus for this generation so now his alive , but not a near death but a late death experiences for three days is a long time for the body to go without oxygen..... See this man and Jesus, and Lazarus went three or four days dead......

Old 04-23-2011, 01:51 PM

164 posts, read 264,738 times
Boy you are not kidding about not having the Holy Spirit and it being near death experience, frightening, very very frightening, and to think that so few have Him, but think they do too, very very frightening

Old 04-23-2011, 01:53 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by trettep View Post
Everyday lived apart from the Spirit of God is a Near death experience.

;-)
I totally agree! I lived separate from myself until 16 and separate from God until 20. I feel more alive now than ever, now that I recognize that we all have souls and those souls are all parts of God. We all have God--the eternal source of peace, joy, and unconditional love--inside us.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.