Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Unexplained Mysteries and Paranormal
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 04-17-2012, 12:28 PM

18,759 posts, read 11,794,120 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Magnum Mike View Post
I think I have seen a lot of things you described.. after smoking some of that illegal stuff...

I do believe in life after death and our spirit/soul will go somewhere... I hope I go to Hawaii... Seriously, we will go somewhere to be judged accordingly and spend eternal life in either heaven or hell.
I hope you make it to Hawaii as well. Sorry but I don't smoke legal or illegal substances. I just don't understand these strange experiences and I wish they would go away, but after I get the winning lottery numbers for next week. (You're very funny thanks for the laugh )
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-17-2012, 06:22 PM

34,254 posts, read 20,536,080 times
These are two places that are reported to be haunted. I used a little gimp to make them look scarier. The first one is really haunted. I mean REALLY paranormal active.

This one below is at a mental hospital. Kinda creepy, so I added more scariness.

<cue the thunder and lightning>

It's at Griffin Memorial Hospital in Norman, OK.

<I moved this from the other thread, "is it supernatural or optical illusion because I didn't want to hijack someone else's thread.>

Old 04-17-2012, 07:19 PM

8,814 posts, read 21,278,987 times
These are great photos, redbird. I like all of your editions to them . You haven't hijacked anyone's thread. You are doing fine!!!

People may not recall what you said to them, but they will always remember how you made them feel .

Old 04-17-2012, 09:31 PM

27,343 posts, read 27,395,534 times
I heard somewhere, many years ago, now that the subject came up, that the historical Hotel in Flagstaff, Az, has had its share of sightings and when I lived in Flagstaff, they even did a small segment of it on a documentary channel. Ill try to archive and post it.

Old 04-17-2012, 11:56 PM

We live in a house with strange activity. It seems to get more active when we renovate and we just started another project. When we first moved in I was alone taking a shower and the towel was ripped off the towel bar on the shower door with a loud noise on the shower door. It scared the crap out of me as I thought someone was in the house. When I finally got brave enough to open the shower door I noticed the towel was in the middle of the floor. I still can't explain what happened. I was alone in the house and the doors were locked. I've heard footsteps at 5am in the hallway upstairs. DH was working midnights and for years I was to afraid to sleep upstairs alone so I stayed on the couch until the sun came up. There was tapping on the windows in the dining room and right next to my head on the window in the bedroom off of the dining room. I had to leave the house after that happened. I've grown used to the strangeness of the house and when I heard footsteps walking upstairs thinking it was DH coming to wake me from the couch, I and my dog got up to investigate. I could hear the footsteps but couldn't see anything. This was about 2 weeks ago. What is this and why is it happening? I have a hard time believing in spirits. I think when you're dead that's all there is. I've also had strange things happen to me at 2 different hospitals I've worked at. I just wish I could understand what's happening.

Old 04-18-2012, 12:01 AM

18,270 posts, read 14,429,514 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by animalcrazy View Post
We live in a house with strange activity. It seems to get more active when we renovate and we just started another project. When we first moved in I was alone taking a shower and the towel was ripped off the towel bar on the shower door with a loud noise on the shower door. It scared the crap out of me as I thought someone was in the house. When I finally got brave enough to open the shower door I noticed the towel was in the middle of the floor. I still can't explain what happened. I was alone in the house and the doors were locked. I've heard footsteps at 5am in the hallway upstairs. DH was working midnights and for years I was to afraid to sleep upstairs alone so I stayed on the couch until the sun came up. There was tapping on the windows in the dining room and right next to my head on the window in the bedroom off of the dining room. I had to leave the house after that happened. I've grown used to the strangeness of the house and when I heard footsteps walking upstairs thinking it was DH coming to wake me from the couch, I and my dog got up to investigate. I could hear the footsteps but couldn't see anything. This was about 2 weeks ago. What is this and why is it happening? I have a hard time believing in spirits. I think when you're dead that's all there is. I've also had strange things happen to me at 2 different hospitals I've worked at. I just wish I could understand what's happening.

You're definitely dealing with something that is not normal. If I were you, I would move!

Old 04-18-2012, 01:04 AM

61,705 posts, read 87,101,195 times
I think most cities have haunted places...
People usually think that mental institutions are one of them

Old 04-18-2012, 11:00 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by temptation001 View Post
You're definitely dealing with something that is not normal. If I were you, I would move!
It won't help, it follows me and has been with me since childhood. I was sitting in our break room with another therapist when I caught this puzzled look on her face. I looked behind me an a couple of stethiscopes were swinging on the door handle. At the same hospital I was working in pediatrics and telling some family members about my strange house when this tub flew off of the night stand. We all laughed this nervous laugh and one of the family members said that it's following you. I was working at my current hospital and someone left the water running when they left the room so I turned it off. About a minute later the water was running again. In the same room a few months later I had the clip board on the heater behind me. It only hung over an inch and yet it went smashing to the floor. I was feet away from it. My husband says I'm haunted. Did you see the picture I posted under my thread Supernatural or Optical Illusion? These things just seem to find me and I don't understand what it is or why.

Old 04-18-2012, 11:51 AM

12,406 posts, read 18,971,076 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by animalcrazy View Post
If you ever run across a group that studies Metaphysics, you might befriend someone and elicit some help to find out what this is all about.

I am surprised that your dog does not react to these things way before you do. Usually, they are more aware than we are.

Don't you find that strange?

If you find what is happening disturbing, move.
I never had any loud noises, but I had doors opening and closing, fans going off and on, objects disappearing and reappearing. It was my dad, after he'd passed. Nothing from my mom when she went. I had contact from two old boyfriends that I'd had in my youth and my girlfriend's mom and a few other people. I knew who they were, heard their voices, but I don't make an effort to develop this, and just take it as something natural.

However, I once was trying to buy a house and refused to go into one because of the odor and the feeling of evil in the house. It scared the heck out of me, but was nothing I could actually relate except some evil dead thing. Ugh!

What I am saying is that some things are kind of normal and just 'are'. I think people who have left us (or a place) sometimes just have an auspicious moment and choose that to drop by and say hello and be acknowledged. Other things you should not acknowledge at all and leave you feeling that they are unfriendly and when that happens you know to get out asap.

Last edited by goldengrain; 04-18-2012 at 12:06 PM..

Old 04-18-2012, 12:16 PM

12,406 posts, read 18,971,076 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by elnina View Post
I think most cities have haunted places...
People usually think that mental institutions are one of them
Yes. And prisons. When humans suffer a lot of psychic energy is thrown off (from what I've read).

Sometimes this negative energy attracts negative entities, too. I don't mind going to haunted houses because there are evidently those who pass who just stick around for a while, sometimes even enjoying the ability to creep people out, playing what amounts to practical jokes.

I would not play around in places where there has been a lot of suffering, though. There is more of a chance of running into something troublesome.

And, even the type that do practical jokes can escalate into something nasty and use the benign incidents just to grab your attention and to get acknowledgment.

Frankly, I would not stay in a haunted place unless I were pretty sure that I knew what I was dealing with.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Unexplained Mysteries and Paranormal