Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Unexplained Mysteries and Paranormal
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-10-2011, 11:07 AM

15,853 posts, read 35,015,864 times

Advertisements

First of all, I put that disclaimer in the title for a reason. I don't want this conversation become a mud-slinging, theory bashing screaming match between people who think they are right at any cost.

I have a theory and I want to get the sensible input from other people who are willing to listen, consider and provide me with their thoughtful responses.

If this becomes anything less that civilized discourse I am going to beg the mods to delete the whole shebang forthwith.

Now then.....

I have a theory. It is a theory I have had for many years, and from time to time I read or hear about "things" that only serve to reinforce that theory. I suppose that most of you will consider this a conspiracy theory, but I have also read many articles and books that support it, so here goes....

Just a few minutes ago I was on a website here: Saving the HIV/AIDS hypothesis « HIV/AIDS Skepticism where the statement was made.....

" ...human herpes virus 8 (HHV-8) (or KSHV), the actual cause of Kaposi’s sarcoma, must have entered the USA simultaneously and in company with HIV..."

This is pretty mind-boggling to me because I believe that there is a VERY strong connection between herpes and HIV/AIDS.

Those of you who are around my age (56) might remember that back in the 1970s, before AIDS reared its ugly head, that there was a "genital herpes epidemic" (alas, I was a victim. although I have since learned how to manage it beautifully, but that's another story).

My theory is that the "herpes" epidemic was engineered to evaluate and track the pattern of how a sexually transmitted disease would be transmitted. It was the "dry run" so to speak for a bigger, and more virulent virus to follow.

I believe with all my heart that the government engineered AIDS. Why? Because they "could". What a beautiful biological weapon to have "on hand" for future use if you need to clear out a population without any indication that it was an WMD. What better method than through sexual transmission? Something that is necessary for survival of the species!

Anyway, I digress. Sorry.

So let's say that AIDS (which now, thanks to the article I referenced at the beginning of this post), has a CONNECTION with herpes. What if it is a mutated form of the Herpes virus? What if the Herpes epidemic was MORE than just a dry run. What if it was a failed first attempt at distributing a fatal, sexually transmitted disease?

I am not aware of anyone out there who has a similar theory. (If you know of anyone, please pass the information along to me.) I do know that many people suspect that the government is somehow responsible for HIV/AIDS (if you don't believe me just google "Controversial book about AIDS" and you will see many). But I don't know if anyone has touched upon the herpes/HIV/AIDS connection.

Please share your thoughts and experiences and any other information that you think would be informative. Thanks.

20yrsinBranson
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-10-2011, 12:20 PM

2,222 posts, read 10,622,093 times
I'm not sure about the biological weapon theory, but I have read other theories about a new oral polio vaccine being given to people in Africa in the 1950's. A botched attempt gone bad.

There is also a book, "Why We Will Never Win the War On AIDS", that the Federal Government had banned for sale stating it was illegal. It went into a lawsuit due to free speech issues. Interesting the government got involved regarding a documentary book. What were they afraid of? But then again, hasn't all the research on AIDS been under the direction of the federal government for the past 30 years?

I can't say I believe everything the government tells us , so you questioning this whole thing on HIV, AIDS, and Herpes is thought provoking. You are not alone. There are many who question its beginnings.

Old 05-10-2011, 12:46 PM

77,766 posts, read 59,915,458 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 20yrsinBranson View Post
First of all, I put that disclaimer in the title for a reason. I don't want this conversation become a mud-slinging, theory bashing screaming match between people who think they are right at any cost.

I have a theory and I want to get the sensible input from other people who are willing to listen, consider and provide me with their thoughtful responses.

If this becomes anything less that civilized discourse I am going to beg the mods to delete the whole shebang forthwith.

Now then.....

I have a theory. It is a theory I have had for many years, and from time to time I read or hear about "things" that only serve to reinforce that theory. I suppose that most of you will consider this a conspiracy theory, but I have also read many articles and books that support it, so here goes....

Just a few minutes ago I was on a website here: Saving the HIV/AIDS hypothesis « HIV/AIDS Skepticism where the statement was made.....

" ...human herpes virus 8 (HHV-8) (or KSHV), the actual cause of Kaposi’s sarcoma, must have entered the USA simultaneously and in company with HIV..."

This is pretty mind-boggling to me because I believe that there is a VERY strong connection between herpes and HIV/AIDS.

Those of you who are around my age (56) might remember that back in the 1970s, before AIDS reared its ugly head, that there was a "genital herpes epidemic" (alas, I was a victim. although I have since learned how to manage it beautifully, but that's another story).

My theory is that the "herpes" epidemic was engineered to evaluate and track the pattern of how a sexually transmitted disease would be transmitted. It was the "dry run" so to speak for a bigger, and more virulent virus to follow.

I believe with all my heart that the government engineered AIDS. Why? Because they "could". What a beautiful biological weapon to have "on hand" for future use if you need to clear out a population without any indication that it was an WMD. What better method than through sexual transmission? Something that is necessary for survival of the species!

Anyway, I digress. Sorry.

So let's say that AIDS (which now, thanks to the article I referenced at the beginning of this post), has a CONNECTION with herpes. What if it is a mutated form of the Herpes virus? What if the Herpes epidemic was MORE than just a dry run. What if it was a failed first attempt at distributing a fatal, sexually transmitted disease?

I am not aware of anyone out there who has a similar theory. (If you know of anyone, please pass the information along to me.) I do know that many people suspect that the government is somehow responsible for HIV/AIDS (if you don't believe me just google "Controversial book about AIDS" and you will see many). But I don't know if anyone has touched upon the herpes/HIV/AIDS connection.

Please share your thoughts and experiences and any other information that you think would be informative. Thanks.

20yrsinBranson
The problem with the theory is that HIV is at least 100 years old. A lot of the HIV conspiracy stuff died down a lot after it became evident that the disease pre-dates the ability to craft something like that.

STDs have been around forever, heck BlackBeard the pirate once took some hostages to exchange for medicine to help treat his crews STDs.

Several famous individuals succumbed to syphillis etc.

P.S. A much stronger theory is that the US government was slow to respond because the victims were largely gay or drug users.

Last edited by Mathguy; 05-10-2011 at 12:59 PM..

Old 05-10-2011, 12:57 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Beth56 View Post
There is also a book, "Why We Will Never Win the War On AIDS", that the Federal Government had banned for sale stating it was illegal. It went into a lawsuit due to free speech issues. Interesting the government got involved regarding a documentary book. What were they afraid of? But then again, hasn't all the research on AIDS been under the direction of the federal government for the past 30 years?
What you just wrote here is so patently incorrect as to be mindboggling.
It was a dispute between the co-authors because one of them went and published it without the others approval and stripped them from the book credits. The other author sued him and won.

P.S. The government doesn't WANT YOU to send me $10!!! Don't let the man win.

Old 05-10-2011, 01:29 PM

15,853 posts, read 35,015,864 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mathguy View Post
The problem with the theory is that HIV is at least 100 years old. A lot of the HIV conspiracy stuff died down a lot after it became evident that the disease pre-dates the ability to craft something like that.

STDs have been around forever, heck BlackBeard the pirate once took some hostages to exchange for medicine to help treat his crews STDs.

Several famous individuals succumbed to syphillis etc.

P.S. A much stronger theory is that the US government was slow to respond because the victims were largely gay or drug users.
I am not saying this isn't true (bolded), but I have to ask you why it took 100 years to become an epidemic? Most diseases that have been around that long (bubonic plague, small pox, even syphillis as you mention), have been around that long and people have been dying from it for that long. Why did it take 100 years to start dying from it? If previously people did die of it (and they simply called it something else), wouldn't we have noticed?

I'm just curious. Since you seem educated about the history of the disease, I am asking in a sincere way to learn more.

20yrsinBranson

Old 05-10-2011, 01:36 PM

11,754 posts, read 14,573,193 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mathguy View Post
What you just wrote here is so patently incorrect as to be mindboggling.
It was a dispute between the co-authors because one of them went and published it without the others approval and stripped them from the book credits. The other author sued him and won.
Thanks for providing this. I did a little quick research and I couldn't find anything, so if you have a link I'm probably not the only one who would appreciate it.

Old 05-10-2011, 01:38 PM

20,460 posts, read 26,230,103 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 20yrsinBranson View Post
I am not saying this isn't true (bolded), but I have to ask you why it took 100 years to become an epidemic? Most diseases that have been around that long (bubonic plague, small pox, even syphillis as you mention), have been around that long and people have been dying from it for that long. Why did it take 100 years to start dying from it? If previously people did die of it (and they simply called it something else), wouldn't we have noticed?

I'm just curious. Since you seem educated about the history of the disease, I am asking in a sincere way to learn more.

20yrsinBranson
People don't die FROM AIDS, they die from OTHER THINGS because AIDS has weakened their immune system. It took 100 years to figure it out because we didn't UNDERSTAND how that stuff worked until the last few decades. AIDS is not a desease like the Bubonic Plague that simply kills people directly and relatively quickly. It's a lot more subtle and indirect (and takes a LOT longer) - hence it's a LOT more difficult to identify as the TRUE source of the patient's problems. Victims would have been listed of dying from something else. Undertanding that AIDS was the underlying problem took TIME and TECHNOLOGY.

Ken

Old 05-10-2011, 01:38 PM

14,917 posts, read 13,047,518 times
Complete and utter hogwash.

Old 05-10-2011, 01:41 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by LordBalfor View Post
People don't die FROM AIDS, they die from OTHER THINGS because AIDS has weakened their immune system. It took 100 years to figure it out because we didn't UNDERSTAND how that stuff worked until the last few decades. AIDS is not a desease like the Bubonic Plague that simply kills people directly and relatively quickly. It's a lot more subtle and indirect (and takes a LOT longer) - hence it's a LOT more difficult to identify as the TRUE source of the patient's problems. Victims would have been listed of dying from something else. Undertanding that AIDS was the underlying problem took TIME and TECHNOLOGY.

Ken
Yeah, my sister worked with a lot of HIV patients and some of them were actually dying from bizarre or extremely rare cancers and diseases etc.

Old 05-10-2011, 01:41 PM

3,681 posts, read 6,255,839 times
I thought it originated in the U.S. in a male flight attendant, who contracted it after having had "relations" with a monkey in Africa or is that a myth?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Unexplained Mysteries and Paranormal