Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Unexplained Mysteries and Paranormal
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 06-08-2011, 04:46 PM

7,628 posts, read 10,970,278 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jazzymom View Post
There is plenty in life that can't be explained.. I simply don't worry about it...
But I really am not worried about being indoctrinated....

There is not a thing you or any other Christian could say to me to make be believe what you do...

Well as you said your not going to worry about it. You just put stated accounts out of your mind. And I believe that is a trait that comes from someone who has already gone through an indoctrination. Non thinkers dismiss such considerations.

Old 06-08-2011, 05:12 PM

4,082 posts, read 5,042,345 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Campbell34 View Post
Well as you said your not going to worry about it. You just put stated accounts out of your mind. And I believe that is a trait that comes from someone who has already gone through an indoctrination. Non thinkers dismiss such considerations.
And I always put out of my mind most of what you say because all you are interested in doing is proving what you believe even though not any of it is legitimate, or even comes from reliable sources....

I am not the only one who knows this or says this...

But no I have never been indoctrinated....

Old 06-08-2011, 05:15 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mooseketeer View Post
I am starting to think the real monster in the room is not the dinosaur but the gullible. We should be running away from that room screaming, but I suppose it is rather hilarious as well as highly disturbing...

I have been to Papua New Guinea a couple of times and never realised how close I came to becoming a chew toy for some Pterodactyl . Phew ! The narrow escape... I think it is darn impolite and quite frankly sneaky of those lovely tribesmen to have never mentioned it.

Nobody tells me anything, I have known this for years but this takes the biscuit.

I guess cloning dinosaurs just got a lot easier ... Jurassic Park , here we come !

On a serious note is the OP on medication ? There is something highly disturbing aside from the comic aspect of it and I cannot but think that some form of mental health help would be a good thing.

Creationism is one thing, live dinosaurs and seeing demons takes it to whole new level of mind boggling mental issues. I find it terrifying that we have so many troubled people who are not getting the help they so desperately need.

Unless as someone pointed out it is simply a form of internet trolling.
Well I recall that believers in evolution told us that one fish had been missing for 65 million years. They even told us this fish was a missing link. And they got a lot of people to believe that. However that all changed when they found this missing link swimming off the coast of Africa. Maybe it is the believers in evolution who have these mental issues. Especially when they draw such conclusions while they ignore their vast mistakes from the not to distant past. Maybe when believers in evolution tell us that such beast have been missing for 65 million years, and then ignore their past mistakes. Maybe they are the real troubled people who can not deal with past reality. Perhaps they should seek out the help they so desperately need. History teaches us that such a reality of missing beast is possible. Believers in evolution must dismiss this reality to keep their fake theories alive.

Old 06-08-2011, 05:19 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jazzymom View Post
And I always put out of my mind most of what you say because all you are interested in doing is proving what you believe even though not any of it is legitimate, or even comes from reliable sources....

I am not the only one who knows this or says this...

But no I have never been indoctrinated....
And yet I believe when it does come from a legitimate source you will still ignore it. Why?

Old 06-08-2011, 05:41 PM

81 posts, read 203,141 times
Quote:
Actually you guys keep saying I'm believe the earth to be 6,000 years old. I believe the earth to be more like 13,000 years old. And I believe dinosaurs will be found in more of the remote areas of the world as has been so often reported. However, no doubt you believe all that nonsense about evolution so you have to ignore such reports. Christians and others in far away lands have seen and reported such sightings for years now.
The side effects of being chained to these illusions must be awful to contend with. These social conventions you've internalized as "truth", i.e. the earth is 13,000 years old, etc.... You need to emancipate your "ego" from these ancient distortions. Dinosaurs roamed the earth some 65 million years ago. Automatically dismissing facts that are widely accepted by others outside your group prejudices you to forever live in a paltry world. Best wishes.

Old 06-08-2011, 06:58 PM

16,294 posts, read 28,529,007 times
Quote:
And yet I believe when it does come from a legitimate source you will still ignore it. Why?
Gotta hand it to ya Tom, your source is thoroughly debunked and yet it rolls off like water off a ducks back.

Old 06-08-2011, 07:49 PM

6,222 posts, read 4,010,513 times
Quote:
Actually you guys keep saying I'm believe the earth to be 6,000 years old. I believe the earth to be more like 13,000 years old. And I believe dinosaurs will be found in more of the remote areas of the world as has been so often reported. However, no doubt you believe all that nonsense about evolution so you have to ignore such reports. Christians and others in far away lands have seen and reported such sightings for years now.
Hello Campbell34.
A 13,000 year old earth is an interesting notion. No one knows for certain of course but there is a hypothesis that proposes the last ice age ended around 13,000 years ago. This has got to be tied in someway to a historic flood.

Old 06-08-2011, 08:00 PM

6,222 posts, read 4,010,513 times
Sighting

YouTube - ‪Angry, Hissing, Snarling, Tail Whipping Lizeurrrd!‬‏

Old 06-09-2011, 05:41 AM

13,026 posts, read 24,626,809 times
Quote:
Well I recall that believers in evolution told us that one fish had been missing for 65 million years. They even told us this fish was a missing link. And they got a lot of people to believe that. However that all changed when they found this missing link swimming off the coast of Africa. Maybe it is the believers in evolution who have these mental issues. Especially when they draw such conclusions while they ignore their vast mistakes from the not to distant past. Maybe when believers in evolution tell us that such beast have been missing for 65 million years, and then ignore their past mistakes. Maybe they are the real troubled people who can not deal with past reality. Perhaps they should seek out the help they so desperately need. History teaches us that such a reality of missing beast is possible. Believers in evolution must dismiss this reality to keep their fake theories alive.

Are you comparing a Coelacanth to a dinosaur ? Seriously ???? If you are going to go that way Crocodiles are also prehistoric creatures ( a lot older than 12000 years for the record ).

I find it funny that you quote a creature who is believed to have been living over 400 million years ( long before the age of the Dinosaurs) when you believe the earth is 12000 years old. It really does puzzle me. 12000 years ago men had already been painting and engraving the caves of the Dordogne valley for over 20000 years and they were definitely not living with dinosaurs. Mammoths and Sabre toothed tigers yes.

Their stunning art is a perfect record of the fauna of that period.

I have been down most of those caves and been in awe of their beauty and their obvious knowledge of animal physionomy. Trust me if there had been dinosaurs living with them then they woudl have been painting them. Their art is a record for all to see , a journal of their life if you will.

In fact birds can strictly be classed as Dinosaurs too so I guess that proves your point. There are millions of birds in PNG , thus millons of dinosaurs have been spotted there. And in my back garden too.

When you can produce actual evidence of your statements regarding proper Dinosaurs living in Papua New Guinea then I shall be the first to apologise.

I have been to Papua New Guinea. I think the tribes there ( whom I stayed with ) would not only have noticed there were dinosaurs but there would be a hell of a lot of oral history linked to those creatures ( Anthropology is my field so oral history is crucial ).

Saltwater Crocodiles seem to be the reptiles which exercises their minds most because of their lethal nature. Then snakes and lizards of course. Papua New Guineans oral history is incredibly rich , storytelling is a huge past time out there as well as a crucial social tool for recording history.

I am sure there are plenty of "new" species to be found in PNG, some of them reptiles . I suppose it depends what your definition of a dinosaur is. If by dinosaur you mean reptile who has been around for millions of years I suppose you are completely right. Dinosaurs abound in PNG, Africa, South America, Australia etc.... If by Dinosaur you mean what a Paleotonlogist means then .... mmmmm.....

The Papua New Guineans live at one with nature, they know their environment like the back of their hands. I think they would notice a allosaurus wondering around or a pterodactyl flying around however. Let us hope those dinosaurs are herbivores for the people who live in that environment. A carnivorous dinosaur is going to make a lot of damage not only among the local indigenous fauna but indigenous population too...

But I do await your facts with bated breath though. It would be pretty exciting from a biological and paleontological point of view. In a way I would love to be proven wrong.

I suppose there are now creationist expeditions being launched all over PNG to go in search of the elusive creatures ? I would recommend you join , PNG is a stunningly beautiful country and the people are incredibly friendly and welcoming. Dinosaur or no dinosaur.

A Dinosaur is a very specific creature from a biological and physiological point of view.

Old 06-09-2011, 02:11 PM

11,798 posts, read 25,185,132 times
Quote:
You have yet to show anything coming from a "legitimate source". Try it and we shall see, okay?

It is risible that you would call others "indoctrinated"!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Unexplained Mysteries and Paranormal