Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Unexplained Mysteries and Paranormal
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 06-11-2011, 07:05 AM

2,444 posts, read 3,583,980 times

Advertisements

Is it just me who think they saw a kangaroo?

Old 06-11-2011, 09:05 AM

3,202 posts, read 4,434,090 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SwedishViking View Post
It was one of those mutant crocodile/kangaroo hybrids caused by residual radiation from atomic testing and gene splicing experiments carried out by the ufos hovering overhead.......yeah thats it!

Old 06-11-2011, 08:38 PM

33,536 posts, read 37,140,220 times
Naw, kangaroos came from Mars...

Old 06-12-2011, 12:05 PM

430 posts, read 583,541 times
Default I see he's still at it!

I was feeling a bit low this morning but then remembered this thread. A quick visit, and a refresher course from C34 here, and I'm in much better spirits now. A good joke session listening to Tom's Tom-Foolery is worth the price of admission.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Campbell34 View Post
The world famous zoologist and biologist, Ivan T. Sanderson, along with animal-trader Gerald Russel, were paddling up the Mainyu River in the heart of western Africa when, according to Sanderson's report: "The most terrifying sound I have ever heard, which sounded like an on-coming earthquake or an exploding, nearby robot, suddenly greeted us from a large underwater cave."

While the water of the river was boiling and foaming directly in front of their canoe, a darkish, shining lizard-like head suddenly rose from the dark water. They described the head as nearly the size of the head of a fully grown hippo, which sat on a thick, swan-like-neck.

TrueAuthority.com - Cryptozoology - Mokele-mbembe

Saying a source has been debunked is one thing. Yet I have seen very little evidence that woud suggest that such sources have been debunked.
Tom's definition of "authoritative", "famous", "debunked" and "proven" are different than everyone else's, particularly those with real scientific credentials and research and publication experience. Those types Tom then insists on ignoring. We know why; they debunk everything he stands for and says.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Campbell34 View Post
Maybe you should tell that to one of the worlds most famous zoologist and biologist, Ivan T. Sanderson. He and others actually saw what you call an illusion. However since you fully believe that dinosaurs died off over 65 million years ago.

blah blah blah...

And often eyewitiness accounts are stronger than mans theories.
Then again, most of the time, NOT. (I'm reminded of the thousands of eyewitness accounts of the bleeding Jesus statue in Mexico City last year (turns out the plant hanging above it had been overwatered, but let's never forget the definitive value of "eyewitness accounts", huh Tom?)

But how about carefully researched, tested and well documented "theories", Tom? The sort that then turn into proven facts when they've been witnessed, focused and clarified by literally tens of thousands of trained, objective independent workers in specialized fields? You discount all of them just so you can believe the one sole loony account you happen to like?

Great tactic! Not very credible, but imaginative for sure.

How do the facts as recorded by respected scientists stack up against the anecdotal stories that your "world-famous" zoologist loves to make up?

(By the way, he's not, as you state here, "one of the world's most famous zoologist and biologists.". That would be Darwin or Dawkins or others with real published credibility under their belts. Non-Doctor Ivan Sanderson is, in fact, a proven controversial pot-stirrer. You know; like Rush Limbuagh. (As well, no university has ever issued him his claimed 3 PhDs. Interesting; he lied about his education.)

No-one said what he saw in the river was just an illusion; what is in doubt is his (or perhaps your) instant interpretation, without the usual back-up research to confirm or clarify. Most scientists, when seeing such unusual activities, would then back their hypotheses up with additional clarifying research. He did none of that, and yet you believe him anyhow. You like to just go with his first completely unsupported conclusion, don't you?)

Crypto-zoology indeed. What a farse. Interesting that you insist on hanging your intellectual reputation on proven farses!

Keep it up: you never know when I'll need another lifter-upper!

Last edited by Shibumi; 06-12-2011 at 12:19 PM..

Old 06-12-2011, 04:08 PM

40,050 posts, read 34,603,290 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SwedishViking View Post
Yeah, but that wouldn't make for an eye-catching title for the thread!

Old 06-12-2011, 06:39 PM

2,444 posts, read 3,583,980 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fred314X View Post
Yeah, but that wouldn't make for an eye-catching title for the thread!
yeah figure that headline...

HOLY CRAP A DUDE SAW A KANGAROO ON THE OTHER SIDE OF THE WORLD!

Old 06-13-2011, 08:25 AM

40,050 posts, read 34,603,290 times
Let's also not forget that in some of the more isolated precincts of Papua New Guinea, technology is still a lot closer to the Stone Age than it is to the Internet. So it wouldn't take much to frighten some of them. It certainly isn't necessary to imply that there are still dinosaurs walking the Earth in 2011; that's just plain ridiculous.

Old 06-13-2011, 01:20 PM

11,798 posts, read 25,187,018 times
Of course it's ridiculous, but if no one believed it, we would all lose the entertainment of threads such as this.

Old 06-13-2011, 04:26 PM

15,501 posts, read 17,078,401 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by catman View Post
Of course it's ridiculous, but if no one believed it, we would all lose the entertainment of threads such as this.
Does that mean I was conned when I paid $1500 as a deposit on a domesticated triceratops? It sounded like such a good buy, the nice gentleman who I paid also sold me one of the ultra rare Rolex watches, the error design that has a ks instead of an x.

Old 06-13-2011, 05:06 PM

15,861 posts, read 21,441,250 times
Eating dogs, you say? Any 7 year old could tell you that the iguanadon was an herbivore.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Unexplained Mysteries and Paranormal