U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Unexplained Mysteries and Paranormal
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 06-07-2011, 04:21 PM

7,654 posts, read 10,278,626 times

Advertisements

"A truly terrifying dinosaur sighting occured in the volcanically active region of Papua New Guinea. Villagers from the province of East New Britain fled terror-stricken after encountering a 10-foot tall creature that was gray, had a head shaped like a dog, and a long tail like a crocodile."

Before It's News...
Rate this post positively

Old 06-07-2011, 04:23 PM

1,488 posts, read 1,538,820 times
dude, that's funny!

Old 06-07-2011, 04:46 PM

10,577 posts, read 10,784,521 times
Sounds like Nessey has a cousin in Papua New Guinea.......

Old 06-07-2011, 04:54 PM

16,308 posts, read 26,142,823 times
I fear our very removed from reality friend Tom believes this is real, he is of the 6,000 year old earth and dinosaurs on the ark cult.

Old 06-07-2011, 05:14 PM

13,036 posts, read 22,856,397 times
Did it look like this ? :

http://3.bp.blogspot.com/_1wzs5_Cmyas/TIePkg22vtI/AAAAAAAAA3Y/MDx8nr4qGyQ/s1600/Casual-Canine-Dogzilla-Dinosaur-Costume.jpg (broken link)

Because that indeed is truly terrifying.

Old 06-07-2011, 05:30 PM

7,654 posts, read 10,278,626 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Asheville Native View Post
I fear our very removed from reality friend Tom believes this is real, he is of the 6,000 year old earth and dinosaurs on the ark cult.
Actually you guys keep saying I'm believe the earth to be 6,000 years old. I believe the earth to be more like 13,000 years old. And I believe dinosaurs will be found in more of the remote areas of the world as has been so often reported. However, no doubt you believe all that nonsense about evolution so you have to ignore such reports. Christians and others in far away lands have seen and reported such sightings for years now.

Last edited by Campbell34; 06-07-2011 at 05:46 PM..

Old 06-07-2011, 05:54 PM

16,308 posts, read 26,142,823 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Campbell34 View Post
Actually you guys keep saying I'm believe the earth to be 6,000 years old. I believe the earth to be more like 13,000 years old. And I believe dinosaurs will be found in more of the remote areas of the world as has been so often reported. However, no doubt you believe all that nonsense about evolution so you have to ignore such reports. Christians and others in far away lands have seen and reported such sightings for years now.
6,000 or 13,000 vs. the true age of 4,500,000,000 isn't really worth debating.

Ignore them, naw, good for a laugh they are so absurd, and the evidence matches that to prove your god, none.

Old 06-07-2011, 06:00 PM

9,618 posts, read 11,897,727 times
Cool The mind boggles! (As usual)

And... this from Tom's informative and highly scientific link (thanks, BTW, Tommo!)

"Kokopo's Mayor Albert Buanga reportedly stated during the hunt that if the dinosaur existed, it would make a great a tourist attraction.

Eyewitnesses described it as an Iguanodon.

Eyewitness reports

The Australian newspaper was able to obtain eyewitness testimony of the creature from reporters at a PNG newspaper.

One witness, Christine Samei, told PNG reporters she ran for her life after seeing a 10-foot tall, gray creature with a head like a dog and a tail like a crocodile. She described the animal as being as big as a 278-gallon water tank.

Dinosaurs are still known to exist - it's a fact

Researchers have some sparse evidence that tiny communities of Woolly Mammoths may have survived as late as the days of the Vikings. Amerindians and the Inuit speak of the giant, hairy beasts that were spotted wandering some of the shores of the icy Aleutian Islands near the Bearing Strait only 800 years ago.

Reports of Pterosaurs have surfaced through the years from PNG and some of its outlying islands. Although dismissed as Frigate birds, the creatures have been video recorded at night and emit a luminescent glow. Frigate birds are not nocturnal and have never been reported to have a bio-luminescent glow.

And it is a documented fact that a species of real, honest-to-goodness dinosaurs are still living in New Zealand today. They're even a tourist attraction!

Yes, it's good to be a skeptic, but not to the point where one becomes a knee-jerk debunker.

The dinosaurs live."

Let's examine the blue-highlighted sentences above, shall we, Tom? Even just briefly? In fact, just repeating those sentences is all most of us have to do, followed by having to get up off the floor where we were rolling around, or wiping the milk out of our nostrils...

√ "...would make a great tourist attraction!" Yep: reminds me of your Acambara fakes, which are also a now-established fake tourista attraction, and who can ever let one of those opportunities get away? Esp. if some scientist asks to confirm them? Then you just dutifully ignore the request. Good strategy; milk the attraction for all it's worth before it's found out! (Also See NAMI™)

√ Scientists far as I know, often rely soley on untrained observations by "eyewitnesses". An interesting group to be sure: what qualifications do you have to have to be an official "Eyewitness"? Then, do we get a secret decoder ring too? And perhaps an official PNG dino ID book, sorta like the birding ID books us Auduboners use?

√ Christine Samei was able, while apparently fleeing for her life, to accurately provide detailed measurements as to the volume and/or shape of this Iguanadon, as being (snort) like a 278 gallon water tank. Not a 321 or 248.9 gallon tank, mind you, but a 278 gallon tank-shaped one! Absolutely amazing! Or did it look like a dog with a croc's tail? I'm confused....

Dinosaurs DO exist: it's a fact! Really? I DID NOT KNOW this! Link? Followed by a description of a woolly mammoth, which, I hate tah break it to yah, Tommo, is NOT a dinosaur! It's a full-blown lately-evolved mammal (big diff, BTW...) from literally eons later in evolutionary time. All proven...

PS: I actually have the molars of a wooly mammoth in my study, picked up in central Alaska, and C14 dated to pretty near 13,850 yrs old. But it's no dino, and they did not co-exist, BTW. The T-Rexs would have rather quickly finished off all them slow-moving Mammoths, which were cold-weather adapted (hence "woolly"; get it? ) while lizard dinos had to deal with the ambient temps around them. Certainly not during the ice ages when the Mammoths thrived!

Oh dang, huh? Details, details. Let's press on though, shall we?

√ Well, actually.... oceanic birds have been spotted frequently with a St. Elmo's fire glow, which is generated by sleet, snow o rain fall, where the flying, and thus insulated, object collects a differential electrostatic charge relative to the earth-ground potential, creating a charge-ionized halo around ship's rigging, flying albatroses and indeed, Frigate birds. But hey; if this article says it doesn't happen, why then, why... it MUST be so!

Gen-Yoo-Whyn dinosaurs in New Zealand, huh? What species again? There was no return when I tried an internet search of "real current New Zealand dinosaurs". Even when I entered "tourist-attraction dinosaurs". odd, huh, for a proven item like a dinosaur.

(Pssst: I think there's some really wishful hopeful media PR thinking going on here, Tom. I'd be a bit skeptical if'n I were you, but then, I also know that you don't understand that concept.)

[I warned you years ago to check your facty stuff first, Tom, but did you listen? No you did not. Now look what it's gotten you into. Again!]

Of course, those Monitor lizards and Komono "dragons" are large cold- or cool-blooded lizards, and they can loosely be considered "modern-day descendants of the original dinosaurs" depending on your definition. They are in fact, by scientist's specific definition, iguanids, and thus you'd say my pet 2 foot long green iguana was a dinosaur? WOW! Iz-zhat-so? I HAD NO IDEA!

Well, ain't it all fascinating, but what's your point? That there's still relict T-Rex populations co-habiting with man, having only been here since your beloved Genesis event ≈ 2500 years ago ,when a few pairs of them hopped off the Ark along with a few good men?? (and promptly ate all the humans, but that's another story...).

I'll hold off until some villager drags his pet Brontosaurus herd (at least 10 or so... but even one would be interesting as a starting point...) into camp, coaxing it with a handful of carrots....

Right.

Last edited by rifleman; 06-07-2011 at 06:10 PM..

Old 06-07-2011, 06:04 PM

828 posts, read 1,523,266 times
GODZILLA!!!!!!

Old 06-07-2011, 06:06 PM

31,998 posts, read 33,589,386 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Campbell34 View Post
"A truly terrifying dinosaur sighting occured in the volcanically active region of Papua New Guinea. Villagers from the province of East New Britain fled terror-stricken after encountering a 10-foot tall creature that was gray, had a head shaped like a dog, and a long tail like a crocodile."

Before It's News...
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.