Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Unexplained Mysteries and Paranormal
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 06-14-2013, 11:07 AM

619 posts, read 1,609,521 times

Advertisements

Ok, so my wife and i are big paranormal freaks. We love watching Ghost Hunters, we have ghost hunting equipment. Her dad has always made fun of us in an easy sort of way.. just joking around. We moved to Knoxville about 5 years ago, and rented an apartment. Just a two bed room, about 15 years old. Well, first time they come to visit, we are watching Ghost Hunters the first night, he was giving us grief, saying we probably see them in our sleep. The m.i.l and f.i.l. go to bed in the guest room and get up the next morning. He was telling me, Yeah, i woke up about 3:00 am, there was this guy standing in the doorway. He had a big top hat on and was smoking a cigar. Well, i don't smoke and don't own a top hat, so i know it wasn't me sleepwalking.. so, we have joked for the last couple of years anytime something goes missing. We are still in the same apartment. The guest room is now the babies room/guest room. On occasion, when one of us is giving a bottle at 2am... we get a weird feeling off to our right, which is where the closet is. Doesn't happen when the door is open,only when the closet door is shut. We have seen several shadows over the years, passing from the bathroom to the babies room, i will think it's my wife, she's asleep in the other bed room.
In-laws were up last weekend to visit. We had the baby in their room until they went to bed, then brought her into our room so they could sleep. Father in law says to me the first morning after they arrived, Hey, what time did you get the baby last night? I saw you standing over the crib, then you turned at me, looked right at me, and walked out the room. Um, dad, i got her before you went to bed. None of us went in the room all night, adn the door was shut. He looked a little disturbed. He honestly thouht he saw me get the baby out of the crib. I think Smoking Man, as we call him, was checking in on the little one. We are currently buying a house, and when we move, a part of me hopes he follows us to the new place..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-14-2013, 12:30 PM

793 posts, read 275,438 times
Have you filmed any activity on your equipment yet?

Old 06-14-2013, 12:32 PM

952 posts, read 2,626,982 times
that's cool. As long as 'smoky man' has done you no harm. I would still sage the place though, just to let the bad spirits or negative energy out the house. But again, I say don't bother them IF they don't bother you. But that's just my opinion. Other's might say get the hell outta Rome quick time.

Old 06-14-2013, 03:13 PM

619 posts, read 1,609,521 times
We didn't film anything, but when she was a newborn, we had a baby monitor in her room, just the audio, no video. Several times, the wife and i could swear we heard someone singing in the room..she was only 2 months old and she was sleeping at the time, so we are pretty sure it wasn't her. It could have been picking up a neighbor, it is an apartment with thin walls, but we heard a mans voice..
We have never been frightened by anything we have seen or heard, more intrigued. Funny thing is my wife did sage the place right after we moved in and before we discovered our "visitor"..
I grew up having strange things happen, and my mom grew up in a house that was definitly haunted, a man was killed in her old bedroom before her parents took ownership of the house.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Unexplained Mysteries and Paranormal