U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Unexplained Mysteries and Paranormal
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-05-2011, 11:16 AM

7,288 posts, read 11,701,077 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by OreNative78 View Post
Really? So what is your theory on the beginning of the universe, mankind, etc.? You've been bashing atheists and those who believe in Evolution throughout this thread. What other conclusion am I supposed to draw?

Okay, here's where you provide a link.

LMAO! "When" it produces results? Here's the rub: when it produces ZERO evidence that patients could recall what's on the shelf, you'll continue to insist that NDEs are spiritual, literal occurrences anyway. Science has been proving people like you wrong for thousands of years, but you continue to run, bullheaded, into the territory of thoughlessness.
I don't claim to have a clue how universes (note: plural . . .I guess you think there is only one) began . . . how could I know that? Answer: I don't, so I don't speculate.

Creationists are a specific brand of religious people who also purport Young Earth theories. They are the antithesis of what I am (see how there is even theism in antithesis?)

I have read a lot of reports on NDE's over the years . . .but I don't have a file of links and I don't have to . . . the literature is out there if you care to research it yourself (which I am sure you do not wish to bother your closed mind with).
Rate this post positively Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-05-2011, 11:24 AM

1,490 posts, read 2,843,017 times
give it up, OreNative is hell bent on insulting people and trying to verify there is no god. No one can give a 100% certain answer that there IS or IS NOT a more powerful force/being/god out there. The only 100% certain answer I can give is that both scenarios are entirely possible. Choose which one makes you happiest and allows you to live the most ethical life you can.

ImCurious is keeping this debate civil, OreNative seems to just try to bash this person.

Old 08-05-2011, 11:43 AM

223 posts, read 241,264 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by imcurious View Post
I don't claim to have a clue how universes (note: plural . . .I guess you think there is only one) began . . . how could I know that? Answer: I don't, so I don't speculate.

Creationists are a specific brand of religious people who also purport Young Earth theories.

Creationists are not necessarily young-earth creationists. Plenty of them seem to believe that The Big Bang and evolution were concepts driven by God. YEC are just morons.

Quote:
They are the antithesis of what I am (see how there is even theism in antithesis?)

Huh? Antithesis and theism? I honestly have no clue what you're talking about.

Quote:
I have read a lot of reports on NDE's over the years . . .but I don't have a file of links and I don't have to . . . the literature is out there if you care to research it yourself (which I am sure you do not wish to bother your closed mind with).
Quote:
If you're going to claim evidence of an experiment that proves people had consciousness outside of their body, it's your job to provide a link. You assume the burden of proof, not me.

There is literally no evidence of this, anywhere. And by evidence, I mean a properly constructed experiment akin to the Southampton University experiment.

Old 08-05-2011, 11:47 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by nowitsshowtime View Post
give it up, OreNative is hell bent on insulting people and trying to verify there is no god. No one can give a 100% certain answer that there IS or IS NOT a more powerful force/being/god out there. The only 100% certain answer I can give is that both scenarios are entirely possible. Choose which one makes you happiest and allows you to live the most ethical life you can.

ImCurious is keeping this debate civil, OreNative seems to just try to bash this person.
So his open speculation that all atheists suffered from abusive childhood trauma, was that part of his "civility" plan?

Old 08-05-2011, 12:50 PM

Quote:
So his open speculation that all atheists suffered from abusive childhood trauma, was that part of his "civility" plan?
I framed it that I was wondering if PERHAPS there may have been trauma disconnecting a person from their innate spirituality. I obviously have no way of knowing if there was or wasn't. I wish people would stick to responding to what is actually written.

Old 08-05-2011, 01:33 PM

13,900 posts, read 11,647,689 times
Quote:
That makes absolutely no sense. It is undefendable . . .

Complexity is not subjective . . .it's a mathematical certainty. See Chaos Theory for details . . .
What does 2+2 equal? Not very complex is it? Give that same problem to a 6 month old, it would likely be very complex.

Quote:
That was never imagined by me or anyone. That's squarely a fundamental precept of creationism.

I'm not angry, I'm just flicking away an annoying insect. Cheap, quick entertainment on a Thursday night.
Your very hostile and insulting aren't you? It's obvious you have no intention of having a meaningful or informative conversation. Why ARE you here? Oh thats right.... to get your Joly's on proving how much smarter you THINK you are than everyone else. Imcurious is right, something has made you a very angry person..... { at least when hiding behind the anonymity of an internet forum }

Quote:
Originally Posted by nowitsshowtime View Post

Has to be smartest comment Ive read on this forum....ever!

Old 08-05-2011, 02:31 PM

Quote:
I framed it that I was wondering if PERHAPS there may have been trauma disconnecting a person from their innate spirituality. I obviously have no way of knowing if there was or wasn't. I wish people would stick to responding to what is actually written.
Uh huh.

Old 08-05-2011, 02:33 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by WhipperSnapper 88 View Post
Your very hostile and insulting aren't you? It's obvious you have no intention of having a meaningful or informative conversation. Why ARE you here? Oh thats right.... to get your Joly's on proving how much smarter you THINK you are than everyone else. Imcurious is right, something has made you a very angry person..... { at least when hiding behind the anonymity of an internet forum }

Do any of you kids want to get past your faux outrage and hurt feelings and discuss the issue at hand? Imcurious went onto the atheist forum, began proselytizing with his fantastical ideas, then accused all of us of being abused children because we wouldn't accept his foolish claims.

What, precisely, did he expect?

Quote:
Has to be smartest comment Ive read on this forum....ever!
Indeed, complexity is subjective.

Old 08-05-2011, 02:39 PM

Quote:
[/i]

Do any of you kids want to get past your faux outrage and hurt feelings and discuss the issue at hand? Imcurious went onto the atheist forum, began proselytizing with his fantastical ideas, then accused all of us of being abused children because we wouldn't accept his foolish claims.

Indeed, complexity is subjective.
Yes, you are correct. It's all about context. If this subject were being discussed in Politics and Controversies, then my comments would probably not be as irritating. I just clicked on the subject when I saw it on my screen and was not fully cognizant of the fact that it is in "your" special section.

I am a little unclear if people who have different perspectives than the section's title are supposed to join in the conversation or if it is strictly a private party

Old 08-05-2011, 10:43 PM

13,900 posts, read 11,647,689 times
Quote:
[/i]
Do any of you kids want to get past your faux outrage and hurt feelings and discuss the issue at hand?
That's FUNNY.... you actually are presumptuous enough to believe that you have the ability to hurt my feeling's! As for discussing the issue at hand, it's evident you have no intention of humoring any thought that doesn't coincide with your own, so how exactly can a discussion take place when you meet any opposition with insults and hostility?

Quote:
Imcurious went onto the atheist forum, began proselytizing with his fantastical ideas, then accused all of us of being abused children because we wouldn't accept his foolish claims.
ImCurious doesn't appear to be doing any such thing. He has certain ideas to bring to the table, and YOU are very RUDE and condescending to him.

Quote:
Probly to be treated with a certain level of respect that should be afforded to everyone, though, I'm guessing he forgot what forum he was in.
Quote:
You can become "unclear" by reading the TOS and the stickies at the top of the forum.
Maybe YOU should do a little reading yourself......

Quote:
Since the inception of the Atheism/Agnosticism subforum, there has seemed to be some question as regards the purpose as well as the parameters of the subforum.
The Atheist/Agnostic subforum is one in which members can discuss and debate issues pertaining to, relative to, and of interest to atheists/agnostics. As such, given that this forum is an open forum along with any other city-data forum, ALL are permitted and welcomed to post here. This is not, nor can it be, a subforum exclusively devoted to atheists/agnostics.
Looks like you need to brush up a little on your reading skills as well now doesn't it? I know it will behard, but plaese, do give it a try won't you.

This isn't an Atheist club, it's meant for ANYONE to come in and discuss with atheists their worldview. The funny thing, here you are instructing others to read the TOS, and I'd bet a thousand bucks you have never read them yourself.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Unexplained Mysteries and Paranormal