U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Unexplained Mysteries and Paranormal
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Search Forums  (Advanced)
 
Old 11-28-2011, 05:37 PM
 
8,696 posts, read 7,910,941 times
Reputation: 1614

Advertisements

There are many different kinds of spirit that are stuck on the earth on the flesh realm of man and animal . and the high places realm were fallen angels are stuck after God kick them out of Heaven ...... See there are demon which are the animals and people looking spirit that you see in your dreams , then there are the main enemies of the Lord Jesus which are the dragon , the beast and Antichrist, and the false prophet which rule in trying to corrupt the ethics and way the Lord Jesus , then there is the powers of darkness, and principalities of darkness and rulers of darkness and Spiritual Wickedness of the high places then the four horsemen of Revelation which are fallen angels and the seven headed beast , the Harlot of Babylon beast red dragon the black dragon the red serpent, the white serpent , the yellow serpent and self promotion serpent and every type of demon that can corrupt the beast of anybody , if the Lord Jesus doesn`t Help , which he does and Lord Jesus has the authority by His blood of Jesus to rebuke all of them and rip them out of people if the faith is there .....even the UFO and the fallen angel will deceive the best of them ,
Rate this post positively Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

 
Old 11-29-2011, 02:08 AM
 
7,801 posts, read 5,646,185 times
Reputation: 2979
Quote:
Originally Posted by CALGUY View Post
how do you explain three people sitting in my living room....
I am sorry but making up fantasy anecdotes that are entirely unverifiable by the reader is NOT evidence. I do not have to explain things that you just made up that just happens to conveniently fit your claims and have no evidence actually happened.

However I will go so far as to point out the obvious fact that there are certain things we as humans are evolved to do. Pattern finding is one of them and pattern seeking for things that are important to us is very much one of them and there are many studies out there which will show you people finding faces and voices where there are not actually any faces or voices really.

Not only that but I already mentioned that when recording white noise, especially on magnetic mediums such as old style cassettes, the equipment will often pick up noises from other broadcasting sites. Radio and other wireless communication for example very often cause interference and will be picked up by recording equipment miles away.

In fact when you turn on your television for example, a % of the white noise you see when no channel is tuned in is actually caused by the light from the Big Bang. All radiation, from light to radio, interferes with each other and if you record enough white noise you will of course eventually record a human voice that was broadcast from somewhere else on the planet.

Quote:
Originally Posted by hljc View Post
There are many different kinds of spirit that are stuck on the earth on the flesh realm of man and animal . and the high places realm were fallen angels are stuck after God kick them out of Heaven ......
Any evidence for this stuff at all or are you just making stuff up like Calguy here too?
Rate this post positively Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 11-29-2011, 11:57 AM
 
Location: Los Angeles
6,935 posts, read 8,647,666 times
Reputation: 8719
Nozz,
It is obvious you are a non- believer, and any more time spent by me, or anyone else trying to show you what is obviously evidence , is a waste of time.
You have a right to your beliefs, and we will leave it at that.
There is no point in discussing what thousands of people all over the world have proven to be true regarding evp, because your mind is made up, and obviously nothing I, or any one else can say will change that.
Bob.
Rate this post positively Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 11-29-2011, 01:43 PM
 
Location: Florida
21,125 posts, read 22,080,222 times
Reputation: 25622
Quote:
Originally Posted by CALGUY View Post
Nozz,
It is obvious you are a non- believer, and any more time spent by me, or anyone else trying to show you what is obviously evidence , is a waste of time.
You have a right to your beliefs, and we will leave it at that.
There is no point in discussing what thousands of people all over the world have proven to be true regarding evp, because your mind is made up, and obviously nothing I, or any one else can say will change that.
Bob.
Yes, you could convince us.
Some things are simple to prove and most of us accept them as fact.
Such as , milk will spoil if left at room temperature
EVP is , as you just put it, what thousands of people all over the world have proven to be true.
I have asked you more than once, just direct us to tests that were conducted in a legitmate scientific manner by disinterested scientists and, since you attest that all one has to do to prove it is try it, any tests should have confirmed what you say.

So....someplace....anyplace on the web that shows the results of even ONE such study.Link it, we'll read it.
Rate this post positively Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 11-29-2011, 02:52 PM
 
Location: Los Angeles
6,935 posts, read 8,647,666 times
Reputation: 8719
Rather than link to a hundred different sites (some scientific study) just click on the link here and look at the studies that have been done, and those still in progress.
Some are by independent research facilities.
Google
Rate this post positively Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 11-30-2011, 02:07 AM
 
7,801 posts, read 5,646,185 times
Reputation: 2979
Quote:
Originally Posted by CALGUY View Post
It is obvious you are a non- believer, and any more time spent by me, or anyone else trying to show you what is obviously evidence , is a waste of time
But you have not shown me any evidence, so you do not know what is a waste of time or not. I have dealt with everything you have actually shown me and have provided real world explanations for everything you talked about.

The only thing I refused to deal with is unverifiable made up anecdote which you simply design to fit your arguments and no one can refute because no one was there. Anecdote is useless and you know it.

This rhetoric of "Your mind is made up, no one can change it" is just the rhetoric of the lazy. It is churned out at me by people with all kinds of crazy notions from god, to psychics, to aliens, to ghosts, to astrology, to homeopathy. No matter what evidence devoid idea it is they are espousing they always play the "Your mind if already made up" card.

It is a cop out from you and nothing more. It is a bad attempt to make it look like your failures of evidence are my failures. Yet the only failure I have is not being gullible enough to accept unsubstantiated ideas based on nothing but you pretending some people were in your living room once who agreed with you.

Quote:
Originally Posted by CALGUY View Post
Rather than link to a hundred different sites (some scientific study) just click on the link here and look at the studies that have been done, and those still in progress
LOL did you even follow your own link?

Very first result in your link is "Electronic Voice Phenomenon is Not Evidence of Ghosts" and talks about how easily EVP can be used to hoax people.

The second link talks about sciences inability to reproduce it at all and could find no reason to believe any of it.

In fact as you go down the list in your link you find more things AGAINST the idea that for it. Hardly supporting you cause here now is it.
Rate this post positively Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 11-30-2011, 02:26 AM
 
Location: Florida
21,125 posts, read 22,080,222 times
Reputation: 25622
Did you follow up on your own link was going to be my question.
I notice you did use one word when googling...independent'. I should have said, or included, the word unbiased.
The summation seems to be that whatever has been done is veyr inconclusive.The suggestion was made that perhaps one needs to already have 'psychic' abilities.
To be fair, the first article does not include what I would call a definitive test.....3 people?
If this is so easy, seems that a test with a good number of disinterested, random listeners with a few believers would produce better results.
That type of trial I have not been able to find.
The other links were all from biased sites
Rate this post positively Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 11-30-2011, 09:33 AM
 
Location: 39 20' 59"N / 75 30' 53"W
16,081 posts, read 25,601,773 times
Reputation: 18078
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nozzferrahhtoo View Post
But you have not shown me any evidence,

Very first result in your link is "Electronic Voice Phenomenon is Not Evidence of Ghosts" and talks about how easily EVP can be used to hoax people.
Ever considered putting it to the test on your own? Try doing an EVP session in a few different locations.
Perhaps a location known for spirits or contact with someone deceased to whom you were close.
Rate this post positively Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 11-30-2011, 11:36 AM
 
Location: Los Angeles
6,935 posts, read 8,647,666 times
Reputation: 8719
Quote:
Originally Posted by virgode View Post
Ever considered putting it to the test on your own? Try doing an EVP session in a few different locations.
Perhaps a location known for spirits or contact with someone deceased to whom you were close.

One does not have to be in a "special place" to do recording.
It can be done anywhere that is quiet, and away from outside distraction.
I suggested the same thing a few post back, but for sure that idea fell on deft ears.
These people don't want to accept anything they don't understand, and are more than willing to chalk it up to fantasy of some kind, rather than explore the possibilities they too could be a part of the community that for years have had successful experiments in evp.
They want no part of it because they believe it isn't real.
Bob.
Rate this post positively Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 11-30-2011, 02:00 PM
 
Location: 39 20' 59"N / 75 30' 53"W
16,081 posts, read 25,601,773 times
Reputation: 18078
Quote:
Originally Posted by CALGUY View Post
One does not have to be in a "special place" to do recording.
It can be done anywhere that is quiet, and away from outside distraction.
I suggested the same thing a few post back, but for sure that idea fell on deft ears.
These people don't want to accept anything they don't understand, and are more than willing to chalk it up to fantasy of some kind, rather than explore the possibilities they too could be a part of the community that for years have had successful experiments in evp.
They want no part of it because they believe it isn't real.
Bob.
No, not at all surprising.

The argument is circular and going no where. If you've read one of his long winded posts, you've read them all. Pretty repetative and rather condescending.
Rate this post positively Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.


Reply
Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Message:

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Unexplained Mysteries and Paranormal
Similar Threads

All times are GMT -6.

© 2005-2021, Advameg, Inc. · Please obey Forum Rules · Terms of Use and Privacy Policy · Bug Bounty

City-Data.com - Contact Us - Archive 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30, 31, 32, 33, 34, 35, 36, 37 - Top