U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Unexplained Mysteries and Paranormal
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Search Forums  (Advanced)
Reply Start New Thread
 
Old 12-26-2011, 04:34 PM
 
Location: Earth Wanderer, longing for the stars.
12,408 posts, read 17,741,211 times
Reputation: 8860

Advertisements

Nozz,

I don' know why any person should feel that they owe you an explanation of anything.

We are dealing with phenomena here that none of us fully understand.
You choose to believe it does not exist. Fine. That in no way dissuades the rest of us, does it?

Based on the fact that we've done our best with you, which is obviously not satisfactory to you, perhaps you should go elsewhere rather than continually dragging up the same old arguments and accusations.

If our best is not good enough for you, perhaps you would find more happiness and acceptance elsewhere.
Rate this post positively Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

 
Old 12-26-2011, 04:49 PM
 
53,039 posts, read 31,963,539 times
Reputation: 6764
Quote:
Originally Posted by CALGUY View Post
Those I have talked too, have no answer as to how three years before the event, that spirit knew the particulars about my mother's passing.
Bob.
Well depending on the particulars . . . homicide detectives might be interested in them as evidence of premeditation . . . just saying.
Rate this post positively Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 12-26-2011, 06:03 PM
 
Location: Los Angeles
7,421 posts, read 9,112,183 times
Reputation: 9282
Quote:
Originally Posted by goldengrain View Post
If there are people here who can read probable futures, then it might be an easier procedure after one passes. I don't want to start a controversy here about fortune tellers. Most may be deluded or lying, but some have the talent.

Also, perhaps it was some friend of hers or a relative who had passed? Maybe there is no specific reason, perhaps she did it merely because she could.

Strange that you would mention that, because the last time I spoke with my mother in that phone call I talked about earlier, she mentioned that her life long, best friend had died the week before we talked on the phone.
Still even if that were the case, the fact that whatever spirit it was, knew the particulars of my mother's death three years before it happened,is mind boggling.
Bob.
Rate this post positively Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 12-27-2011, 12:46 AM
 
7,801 posts, read 5,799,644 times
Reputation: 2980
Quote:
Originally Posted by goldengrain View Post
I don' know why any person should feel that they owe you an explanation of anything.
It is a discussion forum, people discuss. If you espouse things here and then can not back them up in any way then that is useful to see and to point out. It is useful to highlight this fact that the things you are talking about are entirely unsubstantiated and you have no ability to back them up whatsoever.

The more people see that the better which is why I keep people like yourself and Calguy talking. The things you say do more for debunking your own nonsense than anything I could write myself.

Quote:
Originally Posted by goldengrain View Post
We are dealing with phenomena here that none of us fully understand.
Actually it does not seem so at all. More true is we are dealing with things here that people have just made up. That is all. There is nothing to even remotely suggest any of it is true and meanwhile there are lots of things explaining why people can hear patterns in random noises or see faces in random topographical maps for example.

Hearing what one thinks are voices in white noise is little different from people thinking they can find faces on the topology of mars. It is just a simple fact of human existence that we find patterns where none actually exist, especially when those patterns are related to things we are evolved to find like faces and voices.

Quote:
Originally Posted by goldengrain View Post
You choose to believe it does not exist.
False. I do not "choose" anything. There is no choice available to me. If there is literally no reason on offer to believe X then I do not choose to believe or not beleive X. There is just one option open to me: Disbelief.

Now if someone was offering evidence for these things and I was STILL not accepting it THEN you might have a point. However given the not just slight but ENTIRE lack of substantiation for these claims your point is nonsense.
Rate this post positively Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 12-27-2011, 09:38 AM
 
1,113 posts, read 575,904 times
Reputation: 146
I can TOTALLY feel and understand you. I had those same experiences! When I was a teen, my sister and I got into an argument leaving a movie theater. we made up before we hit home, everything was cool. About 30 min., later, her glasses were missing. Now I’m one of those people who, (even then), never believe in hurting others because I’m mad. Especially removing something one need to function.

We looked and looked, I searched under my bed, (which was always clean, no glasses. After about 20 minutes ,I had to leave, I come back to my mother Saying something like.. “it takes a low-down person to do…(I can’t remember the rest now). That part still sticks in my head. Her glasses was found under my bed. All I could do was just stand there and listen to my mother call me names. I knew she wouldn’t believe me.

Again still teens, after midnight, all asleep. I awaked from my sister's screams and cries. As I went to sit up and say…“Sheila, what’s wrong?!, I started screaming. Right at the foot of my bed stood a silhouette of a man. As clear as day I notice he has on a fedora, (hat), and was wearing a trench coat. we both never stop screaming and crying. I jumped out of my bed, onto my brother’s bed, (long story). Trying to get him to look, (he wouldn’t, he’s been there, done that)!

Each time I looked from my brother to the man. He ,(the man), had appear to not be standing in the space he was prior. The third time I looked up, my mother was coming in, he was gone. Still crying, we told her what happened. My sister said she something made her wake up, to see him squatted, staring her dead in the face. That’s what mad her scream.

NOW!…many will say it’s someone dead, evil, etc., that’s what I was always taught. I know better now, It was a demon. The removal and replacement of your mother's items. My sister’s glasses,...demons! They have their reasons for doing those things. For you as myself, it was to cause trouble. In some cases it to make the false teaching of dead “SOUL” still living on true.

Many will say that’s wrong, because they have seen their dead love ones, so have myself, (in a way), and my family. but it really wasn't them, God’s words shows this. (for those who needs scriptural proof), (Ezek.18:4-the soul that sinneth, it shall die). The “SOUL is a living being, NOT a ghost of the dead. Jesus shows this, (Luke 12:19- And I will say to my soul, Soul, thou hast much goods laid up for many years; take thine ease, eat, drink, and be merry).

Demons knows they will be destroyed, (Rev.12:7-9, And there was war in heaven: Michael and his angels fought against the dragon; and the dragon fought and his angels, And prevailed not; neither was their place found any more in heaven. And the great dragon was cast out, that old serpent, called the Devil, and Satan, which deceiveth the whole world: he was cast out into the earth, and his angels were cast out with him).

their plans is to take as many of us with them. How?… by making us follow and believing anything that goes against Jehovah God and his word. IF demons never appear to people, then there could be No teachings of the dead still walking. it makes it hard for God’s word to be believed. Demons show up pretending to be a dead love one. Some come doing good things, this makes one believe there are some good dead people.

Some does evil things, which prove the wicked dead wants to harm. Some believe the dead are angry because they wasn’t ready to leave. The sc-fi channel has this program “Ghost Hunters” I actually like watching. Because one can see many “supernatural” or “paranormal”
things others have witness.

the sad thing is, like I once was, they ALL believe it’s the dead trying to communicate. And they do catch many things on camera. Still it’s only the demons playing tricks, (Ephe.6:11 -Put on the whole Armour of God, that ye may be able to stand against the wiles, (tricks), of the devil).
So again, many have experience what you’ve gone through. But many refuse to understand or believe what’s really going on. All one has to do instead of wanting it to be what they wish, is research the truth. peace
Rate this post positively Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 12-27-2011, 03:27 PM
 
Location: Los Angeles
7,421 posts, read 9,112,183 times
Reputation: 9282
What I take from your post is, you think all spirit communication is the result of demons.
That is your opinion, and I respect it.
I don't think spirit communication is demon related, except where I have encountered bad, and evil spirits.
I certainly believe those spirits are not the same as the good ones I have had contact with.
As with humans, there is evil and good in them, so it should not come as any surprise that demons rule spirits in some instances.
Bob.
Rate this post positively Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 12-30-2011, 02:11 PM
 
Location: Earth Wanderer, longing for the stars.
12,408 posts, read 17,741,211 times
Reputation: 8860
Quote:
Originally Posted by CALGUY View Post
Strange that you would mention that, because the last time I spoke with my mother in that phone call I talked about earlier, she mentioned that her life long, best friend had died the week before we talked on the phone.
Still even if that were the case, the fact that whatever spirit it was, knew the particulars of my mother's death three years before it happened,is mind boggling.
Bob.
I have heard that time is different there. Mediums, again from what I have read, especially beginning ones, have a hard time telling what is a future or past event.

I attended a lecture a day after coming home from a funeral in the family in another state. During the intermission a woman approached me and told me I would be traveling soon due to a death in the family. I think she was a medium trying to stir up business. I think they should respect a person's privacy and not open up about such things unless asked.
Rate this post positively Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 07-30-2013, 04:57 AM
 
3,636 posts, read 3,050,357 times
Reputation: 4313
Quote:
Originally Posted by MysticPhD View Post
There is a condition of "knowing" that exists in altered states that those who have not experienced it simply cannot understand.
And it seems that those who have experienced it often do not understand it either. We are able to alter our experience of the world through things like meditation - I have done it myself at no small length - but there are many reasons for the thoughts and senstations we have during such experiences and pretending you "know" things you clearly do not and can not "know" having had them simply is a leap.

For example it is quite easy for some to meditation in a way that gives one a feeling of an "all loving presence" external to ones self. Many of the neuro underpinings of why we feel that way are understood - there is not all that much special about it - but many people including yourself leap off the back of that into a realm of making fantastical and nonsense claims about the existence of a deity or a conscious universe.
Rate this post positively Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 07-30-2013, 06:33 AM
 
Location: Logan Township, Minnesota
15,511 posts, read 15,152,244 times
Reputation: 7483
I would like to give the Islamic view of Devils, Demons, fallen Angels, ghosts etc.

In Islam we do not believe in Ghosts or the like. We do belief there are 3 sapient created life forms that we have been told of. (There may be other life forms we have not been told of and we have no contact with)

Those we know of being Angels. Djinn and Humans. Angels being a spiritual form that are perfect in all matters including full obedience to Allaah(swt) they are immortal, do not have physical bodies and are messengers. They do not have free will and can not disobey Allaah(swt).

Djinn are in a realm between physical and non physical aspects of creation. They have free will, can take on physical form are mortal, have a mortal life and an eternal soul. They are born, live die and will be judged just as humans are. They can achieve either heaven or hell. Normally there is no interaction between Human's and Djinn. They have little interest in us Human's. Except for the Djinn that are Shaytan.

Shaytan is a state of evil a sapient being, with free will can achieve by choosing to be evil and deliberately defies Allaah(swt) a Shaytan can be either a human or a Djinn, The best known shaytan is Iblis often simply called Shaytan or the Anglicized pronunciation Satan

What we humans mistake for demons and ghosts are Djinn. Usually Djinn that are Shaytan. However a Djinn has no power over humans, except what humans allow them to have.
Rate this post positively Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 07-31-2013, 05:45 PM
 
Location: Earth Wanderer, longing for the stars.
12,408 posts, read 17,741,211 times
Reputation: 8860
Frankly, Islam and other religions may have it all wrong. I think they do. I think we have to use our own experience as a starting point and research these things to our individual satisfaction.
Rate this post positively Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.


Reply
Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Message:

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Unexplained Mysteries and Paranormal
Similar Threads

All times are GMT -6.

© 2005-2021, Advameg, Inc. · Please obey Forum Rules · Terms of Use and Privacy Policy · Bug Bounty

City-Data.com - Contact Us - Archive 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30, 31, 32, 33, 34, 35, 36, 37 - Top