U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Unexplained Mysteries and Paranormal
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-23-2011, 02:03 PM

21,126 posts, read 22,104,070 times

Advertisements

LindavG
I wasn't kidding either. It was an eartquake
But, I will tell you that I've begun to be concerned about "old age" sometimes because I have had very similar things happen.....worst is when things are right where you looked and there they are, in plain sight!
I just write it off as inattention at the time,memory blips or...or...who the hell knows.
As long as it isn't a constant thing don't worry about it.
If it starts happening all the time, come back and let us know.(Not to just your older mom, but you too)
Rate this post positively Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-23-2011, 02:05 PM

13,316 posts, read 12,333,038 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr5150 View Post
My father in law had similar experiences as he became demented. No doubt you and your mom are suffering from Alzemiers.
Quote:
Originally Posted by LindavG View Post
Well I hope not, I'm only 21
Early onset ...

Old 08-23-2011, 02:16 PM

10,942 posts, read 12,349,836 times
It's not that hard to understand.

People are often certain about things they did or where they put things, particularly if they are habitual, even if they are mistaken.

In the situations you are speaking of there are a couple of possibilities. One is that you and your mother thought the scissors were in a particular drawer, or the wallet was in a particular location, but it turned out they were someplace else all along. The second is that some unseen force or entity, the existence and nature of which were hitherto unknown to you, moved the scissors and the wallet by means and for reasons that are utterly unknown to you or to anyone else.

In my 58 years of existence I've had any number of occasions when I could have sworn I put something down in one place only to find it someplace else. I've also frequently had the experience of conducting what seemed like an exhaustive search for something that either I or someone else couldn't find, only to have it turn up someplace totally unexpected. Sometimes the person suddenly remembers putting it there, but often the person is genuinely mystified about how it got there. Still, the obvious answer is that they put it down somewhere without thinking about it or remembering it.

I would need a whole lot more evidence than that to be persuaded that something was moving objects around without my knowing it.

Old 08-23-2011, 02:34 PM

9,303 posts, read 10,413,280 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LindavG View Post
Well I hope not, I'm only 21
On a more serious note , what you and your mom are experiencing is a classic haunted house. Plain and simple. Explore what's going on. Call upon the entity and see what happens. It could open a whole new world for you.

Old 08-23-2011, 02:47 PM

21,126 posts, read 22,104,070 times
Dammit!
Must be the power of suggestion...or an impish jinn that gets his clues as to where to go next by hacking computers.
I just did it again!!
Now to retrace my steps again for the third time

Old 08-23-2011, 03:05 PM

5,298 posts, read 4,257,153 times
I had a man walk up to me one time , I was in Atlanta , maybe 20 years ago; he walked right up in front of me and said to me;" Why has God done this to us?" Why can't we be like humans, having their same destiny? I was kind of puzzled and surprised, I said nothing in response. I just looked at him as he walked away. I mean I am looking at this guy, he was male, and he just seemed to walk into nothing, and was no longer there. And I was at a bus station, people all around, this was during the day.

So I just brushed it off as nothing, because I knew it was beyond me. I told no one about it, and I think I have mentioned this once before online.

But it happened, and I know I can't explain it.

Old 08-23-2011, 04:37 PM

2,942 posts, read 4,698,180 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by old_cold View Post
LindavG
I wasn't kidding either. It was an eartquake
But, I will tell you that I've begun to be concerned about "old age" sometimes because I have had very similar things happen.....worst is when things are right where you looked and there they are, in plain sight!
I just write it off as inattention at the time,memory blips or...or...who the hell knows.
As long as it isn't a constant thing don't worry about it.
If it starts happening all the time, come back and let us know.(Not to just your older mom, but you too)
Yes, I usually write it off as inattention or memory blips too. That's why I kind of shrugged off the situation with the scissors. But we've had this same thing happen about 5 times now, whereas it rarely happened before we moved. And it's not that we just forget where we put it (everyone has that sometimes), it's when we know for sure where we put it, then it disappears for a day or sometimes longer, and then it reappears again even though neither of us touched it. It's really strange.

Quote:
Originally Posted by jackmccullough View Post
It's not that hard to understand.

People are often certain about things they did or where they put things, particularly if they are habitual, even if they are mistaken.

In the situations you are speaking of there are a couple of possibilities. One is that you and your mother thought the scissors were in a particular drawer, or the wallet was in a particular location, but it turned out they were someplace else all along.
Yes, that would be the most logical explanation. But that is not the case here. For example, my mother took her wallet to go grocery shopping, then she realized she had to go to the toilet first so she put her wallet on the table. Then it disappeared and reappeared on the night stand next to her bed the next day. It doesn't make any sense that my mother would put the wallet there herself; why on earth would she walk all the way upstairs to put her wallet on her night stand, then walk down again to go to the toilet, and a few minutes later forget that she went upstairs? About the scissors, sure it's possible that we accidentaly put the scissors in a different drawer. The thing is: we checked all the drawers and double-checked the one where the scissors reappeared (as that is where we usually put it) but it wasn't there. Then later when we checked again it was right on top at the very front of the drawer, impossible to miss.

Oh btw, I forgot to mention another strange occurance in the OP. When we moved house, I lost my mascara so I had to buy a new one (that's not the strange part, things often go missing if you have to move so much stuff). I also bought a new make-up bag cause the other one got damaged during moving. So I put all my other make-up in that bag and I carefully selected which items I wanted to keep and which ones I could throw away. There are only a few make-up items in there now and I also keep my toothpaste, contact lenses etc. in there so I check it at least twice a day. A few days ago, my old mascara suddenly reappeared in the new make-up bag! So I said to my mom: "Oh, I see you found my mascara again?" And my mom said: "What mascara, I thought you bought a new one?" She didn't put it in there... so who did?

Quote:
The second is that some unseen force or entity, the existence and nature of which were hitherto unknown to you, moved the scissors and the wallet by means and for reasons that are utterly unknown to you or to anyone else.
That sounds crazy, right? I wouldn't believe that myself and in fact, I don't really believe it. Like how would that happen, would my mom's wallet be floating up the stairs? Come on, that stuff doesn't happen in real life... right? But I know that I'm not crazy and I know that I don't have Alzheimers disease. These things are really happening and I can't explain it, which is really frustrating. And I can't really talk about it to anyone I know cause they don't believe in this stuff and they'll think I'm mentally unstable, lol.

Quote:
In my 58 years of existence I've had any number of occasions when I could have sworn I put something down in one place only to find it someplace else. I've also frequently had the experience of conducting what seemed like an exhaustive search for something that either I or someone else couldn't find, only to have it turn up someplace totally unexpected. Sometimes the person suddenly remembers putting it there, but often the person is genuinely mystified about how it got there. Still, the obvious answer is that they put it down somewhere without thinking about it or remembering it.

I would need a whole lot more evidence than that to be persuaded that something was moving objects around without my knowing it.
I hope you are right, I keep telling myself that that's what it is. But these things are different... I know it

Old 08-23-2011, 04:41 PM

2,942 posts, read 4,698,180 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mickiel View Post
I had a man walk up to me one time , I was in Atlanta , maybe 20 years ago; he walked right up in front of me and said to me;" Why has God done this to us?" Why can't we be like humans, having their same destiny? I was kind of puzzled and surprised, I said nothing in response. I just looked at him as he walked away. I mean I am looking at this guy, he was male, and he just seemed to walk into nothing, and was no longer there. And I was at a bus station, people all around, this was during the day.

So I just brushed it off as nothing, because I knew it was beyond me. I told no one about it, and I think I have mentioned this once before online.

So you probably understand what I mean. I think I will just ignore it and not think about it too much, that's probably the best. Some things we just can't explain, I guess.

Old 08-24-2011, 10:34 AM

3,426 posts, read 2,906,520 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mickiel View Post

I can't explain it either, but then, it didn't happen to me. Personal revelation is by default, first person in nature. As such, no one is obligated to believe one person's personal revelation over that of another. Farmer Bib may be an honest, law abiding citizen, the nicest guy anyone has ever known, but we still need physical evidence that a UFO landed in his corn field. I hope you can understand what I'm saying here.

Old 08-24-2011, 11:08 AM

13,316 posts, read 12,333,038 times
You could call the guys on Ghost Adventures or The Atlantic Paranormal Society (TAPS) and see if they will come investigate. You could be the subject of a TV show.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Unexplained Mysteries and Paranormal