U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Unexplained Mysteries and Paranormal
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Search Forums  (Advanced)
 
 
Old 11-19-2011, 06:23 AM
 
570 posts, read 668,812 times
Reputation: 75

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by LindavG View Post
I usually don't post in this section of the forum but certain things have happened to me and I would like to know your opinions cause I really don't know what to think.

First of all, let me start by saying that I am agnostic. I don't believe in religion, I'm not sure about the existence of God and I am highly sceptical of anything "paranormal" or "supernatural". I grew up in an atheist environment, which includes my whole family apart from my now deceased grandfather. So, the fact that I'm even pondering the possibility of paranormal activity says a lot

A couple of weeks ago my mother moved into a new house and since then, a lot of strange things have happened. Objects keep on disappearing and reappearing again with no logical explanation. It started when we couldn't find the scissors. I checked every single drawer and I even took out the drawer where the scissors usually are and turned it upside down. It wasn't there, although my mom swore she put it there that morning. We went to a cousin's birthday party and when we came back, I opened that same drawer again and the scissors were right there, in plain sight! I thought that was kinda odd but I didn't really think about it anymore, I figured there must have been a logical explanation for it. A few days later, a similar situation occured. My mom wanted to go grocery shopping but she had to go to the toilet first so she put her wallet on the living room table. A few minutes later, she came back into the living room to get her wallet but it was gone! At first she thought I was pulling a prank on her but I was upstairs the whole time. The next day, she woke up to find her wallet right next to her bed on the night stand. Two days ago, I couldn't find my comb that I always keep in my purse. I looked everywhere, all the drawers etc. and I even turned my purse upside down twice, but it wasn't there. Today, I opened my purse again and my comb was right there, on top of the other stuff! I asked my mom if she had found my comb and she was very surprised, she hadn't seen it in a couple of days. To be clear: it's just me and my mom living in this house and we didn't have any visitors during the disappearance and reappearance of these objects.

What could this possibly be? Has anyone else experienced this kind of stuff?

While I'm at it, I had another strange experience when I was 9 years old. I was playing in the attic when I heard a very angry, hoarse voice whisper: "Hey! What are you doing here?!" I thought it was just my older sister trying to scare me so I ran downstairs and complained about it to my mother. My mother became very angry with me because it turned out my sister was at a friend's house and nobody else was home except my mother and my baby brother, so my mom thought I was just trying to get my sister punished for something she didn't do. Anyway, we never spoke about it again but I never forgot it. Five years later, my little brother ran downstairs screaming and crying. He was 9 years old at the time. He said that he had gone to the attic to get some toys and an angry voice had said to him: "Hey! What are you doing here? Go away!" My brother couldn't possibly have known about my experience because he was a toddler at the time and we never spoke about it since it had happened. I know this sounds like a low-budget horror movie but I swear this is exactly what happened. I remember it like yesterday.

I really don't know what to think anymore. The rational part of me says all this "supernatural" stuff is nonsense and I do believe that to a great extent but I can't deny my own experiences, right?
Try to finde a voice recording of The Holy Qur'an ,Surat Al-Baqarah , keep it playing a little bit loud 1 time each day for 3 days straight ( one time every day ) .
You will be surprised of the result .
Your house will be clean .
Rate this post positively Quick reply to this message

 
Old 11-19-2011, 03:42 PM
 
Location: City-Data Forum
7,943 posts, read 5,202,739 times
Reputation: 1346
We, as Agnostics, and believers in the scientific and empirical methods, have a much better view and opinion on these things...

when I recently moved to an apartment, Someone seemed to be using the toilet as the water would get murky and yellow in the bowl... but nobody had peed... very strange stuff, sounds like a joke, I know, but it's true, we didn't know if one of us forgot or what, but it happened twice and it was very scary because we were quite sure neither of us was the culprit... we made a joke that we had a guest living in the walls, very scary though. It hasn't happened recently and I'm glad...

Anyway, I would suggest checking the attic, make sure no-one is living there.... there was once an actual true story of some teenagers that would sneak in to a strangers house and play around in their attic, but yours could be a hobo or a motion sensor machine up there. Probably don't go alone though, as it might be dangerous. Also if its a ghost it might be worth it to check it out or have paranormal specialists investigate it. I don't know about costs and such though.

A less secular suggestion would be to play it some Buddhist chants and teach it some Buddhism so that it can enlighten and free itself from the world...
Rate this post positively Quick reply to this message
 
Old 11-19-2011, 04:53 PM
 
Location: Earth Wanderer, longing for the stars.
12,408 posts, read 17,443,022 times
Reputation: 8841
I recently saw, on the Sci channel, I believe, a program addressing 'What is Reality?' Evidently some scientists speculate that our perceivable universe is a hologram. Others believe we are a mathematical construct. This is all speculation, of coarse, but at least they are trying to incorporate the strangeness of existence in their world view rather than to cast aspersions on those who witness odd events.
Rate this post positively Quick reply to this message
 
Old 11-19-2011, 05:02 PM
 
Location: Los Angeles
6,991 posts, read 8,702,494 times
Reputation: 8765
Quote:
Originally Posted by goldengrain View Post
My eyes were not dry after reading this touching story.

I though people on the other side dropped off the maladies that they suffered through on this earth, but an odd thing happened to me.

I, about to sleep, on two occasions, got the creeps when I heard a voice, 'soon we will be together'. The second time the presence really felt ugly, but I got a tap on the shoulder and heard 'get away from her' and the tap left me with a very elevating positive energy. That was the last of the depressing presence.

I subsequently found out that a guy I had dated in high school - we had been quite serious at the time, but it did not work out - had just passed. I found out that during his life he had had emotional problems so much so that he could not get on with co workers and was fired from several jobs. He had kept some of my old letters.

I am sad to learn that he still seems, after death, to be a sad person. I guess it's some sort of karma that is unresolved.

Do you, or does anyone have any input on this?

"Golden", That question you asked in your last sentence is a great one, and I think I can answer it for you.
I want to start by saying, for you, and those of you who want to learn more about the afterlife, and spirit behavior, I would highly suggest you obtain a most valuable book that delves into the subject extensively.
Of the many books I have read dealing with the subject, "The Spirits' Book" is the most informative.
The author , Alan Kardec , was said to have received the information for the book, directly from those in the afterlife, through what is called "automatic writing".
In essence, the spirits not only advise him on what to write, but also on occasion, guided his hand in the creation of the material in the book.
I have studied this book in it's entirety, and many of the things we have trouble understanding here on earth, are explained in the most direct and practical manner so all can understand.
So, to get too your question.
My knowledge concerning spirit behavior is , I would consider, substantial enough to offer credibility.
Spirits, though we are unable to see them, exist everywhere.
They are all around us, 24/7.
Some have been fortunate to see them briefly.
Why they behave as they do is a direct reflection of the life form they most recently inhabited.
Though they are now "free" from the incumbents of the flesh, many of the traits of that human are held over in the "memory" of the spirit.
These memories can last forever, of may vanish if, and when the spirit re-incarnates once again.
As in human life, there are good spirits, and bad spirits.
When taping, I have dealt with both traits.
Understanding the spirits, and the world of spirits is most fascinating.
Through my learning experience, I have come to know, and believe ALL that is here on earth, as it pertains to all life, is at the complete direction of the spirits, or souls, as some refer to them.
Without them, human life would not be in the first place.
They, and they alone, individually, decide when to incarnate, and which human they will incarnate, long before it actually happens.
There are many people here on earth who believe our lives have a master plan, and that every thing is laid out for our entire lives.
Most know of no reason for this, but feel it is so.
This is exactly the way it is.
Our lives from conception to death are pre-determined, and everything in that life is known only to the soul that will incarnate into that life, long before the incarnation takes place.
Many people are of the belief when we die, we go to some sort of heaven.
This is not quite true, in spite of what some religious leaders tell us.
Heaven is there, but only for those who are 100% pure.
Gaining purity to ascend to this heaven is the one goal of the soul.
To be pure enough to sit at the seat reserved for only those who have attained the highest form of purity is the ultimate reward for the soul.
This purity can take many years , and many re-incarnations to achieve, and as in the case of some bad spirits, may never happen.
It is like climbing a ladder to success.
Each new re-incarnation hopefully rises the soul up another rung of that ladder, but it doesn't always happen, and many souls have fallen backward in their efforts.
In some religions, it is said that we are judged when we die.
This is true, but though I may step on some toes here, it isn't good ole St Peter that will be judging us, but rather a select group of souls who have ascended to the highest form of purity, and sit at the throne of God almighty.
The soul , upon judgement will move upward, downward, or be in limbo.
In their effort to become pure , and to be able to ascend, most, but not all souls look at the life they just left,in retrospect, and plan what they must do as penance.
In simpler terms, penance is "pay back time".
Penance, is the virtue by which those souls desiring to be pure, articulate too.
It takes on many different aspects, depending on the severity of the need to do penance.
Penance is most always carried out by means of re-incarnation.
Now, this was among my studies, and once I were able to grasp the true meaning of penance, a new, and complete understanding of this earth, and it's inhabitants is much clearer to me.
I will use an example here, then hopefully post this.
Assume if you will, a murderer was put to death, and the soul has now left that body.
In retrospect, this murderous human life was an abomination.
The soul, upon judgement knows , and feels it needs to do penance.
Penance for living an abomination.
It must prove it is anguished and sorry for having lived that life.
As stated earlier, the soul knows full well the life it will incarnate., so why did this soul choose to be a murderer?
In this case, and in similar cases, it didn't.
Satan intervened, and until such time as the soul overpowers the demon through prayer and positive good, evil will prevail.
Now, this soul, in an act of penance incarnates in a new born.
This new born will be born deft, blind, and crippled, and will remain so for it's entire life.
Why did the soul choose this particular birth?
The answer is penance.
So now you see this little baby as it lives it 's life, and you ask yourself, Why?
Why did God do this?
Why, when this baby did nothing to deserve it?
Is God punishing the parents for something?
None of these.
That newborn is merely a tool for the soul.
Penance in this newborn may last 50, 70 or 90 years.
That is up to the soul
Why is it left to the soul?
The soul is the main factor in human life.
At birth, it incarnates into the body, and at death, it removes itself from the body, and each of those, birth and death do not occur until the soul acts.
Miscarraige, and still births occur when the soul fails to enter the body,and on the flip side of that, how many of you have witnessed prolonged life, when all circumstances dictate the person should be dead?
The soul, and only the soul determines when that happens.
Well, enough for now, I hope I have given you something to think about.
Bob.
Rate this post positively Quick reply to this message
 
Old 11-19-2011, 05:17 PM
 
Location: Los Angeles
6,991 posts, read 8,702,494 times
Reputation: 8765
Becoming aware of things that at one time, I had no understanding of, allows me to look at things around me, and more often than not, I now have an answer for.
Case in point;
When I would come across someone afflicted , be it blind, deft,in a wheelchair or in a "vegetable state", I always felt pity for them, and would find myself asking why?
Why would a loving God allow this?
As I stated above, these conditions are there as a tool of penance for the soul.
Without them, purity could never be attained.
So today when I see these people, I don't feel pity, or sorrow.
I see a soul making headway to ascend to that place we all think of as heaven.
When I see people going out of their way to help these unfortunate people, I see other souls showing and giving the greatest gift of all, and that is Love, and that is how God intended it to be.
Bob.
Rate this post positively Quick reply to this message
 
Old 11-21-2011, 02:57 AM
 
7,801 posts, read 5,661,609 times
Reputation: 2979
Quote:
Originally Posted by CALGUY View Post
In the post above, I briefly mentioned recording sessions. These recording sessions were done with cassette tapes. I saved many of them over the years, and still have most, but not all, in my collection. I am not that computer savy to know how I would take a standard cassette tape, and download it to my computer.
So you claim to have world changing undeniable proof of something that humans have been asking about for centuries, and then you engage in making excuses for why you just happen to be unable to present said evidence. Forgive me for thinking that sounds somewhat suspicious. If I thought I had evidence of such great import I would at the very least go to the local Technology College and get a savvy student to help me with my failures at computer use rather than sit on world changing evidence of monumental import.

Most likely is that you have no such evidence, you are making it up hoping no one will call you on it, and when called on it you simply make up excuses for why you will not be able to present it. "undeniable proof" indeed. For shame sir.

Not to mention the fact that scientists have long, and often, demonstrated the fact that humans listening to random noise can easily find "voices" and "words" there if they want to. Finding patterns in random information is one of the things the human brain does, even when no pattern is actually there.
Rate this post positively Quick reply to this message
 
Old 11-21-2011, 07:01 AM
 
Location: S. Wales.
49,248 posts, read 14,859,532 times
Reputation: 5763
Quote:
Originally Posted by squall-lionheart View Post
Try to finde a voice recording of The Holy Qur'an ,Surat Al-Baqarah , keep it playing a little bit loud 1 time each day for 3 days straight ( one time every day ) .
You will be surprised of the result .
Your house will be clean .
And if it isn't...I would bet a month's pension that it won't be...then it didn't work because of lack of faith?
Rate this post positively Quick reply to this message
 
Old 11-21-2011, 07:12 AM
 
16,434 posts, read 20,252,583 times
Reputation: 9566
Quote:
Originally Posted by LindavG View Post
Well I hope not, I'm only 21
Paranormal experiences are actually quite common, and many have experienced them. You need not doubt your sanity. There are mischievous spirits that like to do the sorts of things you are experiencing. They also like to open locked doors and flush toilets in the night, turn lights on, etc.

Perhaps coincidentally, but likely not, people who have experienced such things in the past and then become believing Christians and received the Holy Spirit, have had such happenings cease completely.
Rate this post positively Quick reply to this message
 
Old 11-21-2011, 07:24 AM
 
7,801 posts, read 5,661,609 times
Reputation: 2979
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bideshi View Post
Paranormal experiences are actually quite common, and many have experienced them. You need not doubt your sanity. There are mischievous spirits that like to do the sorts of things you are experiencing.
You could say the same about alien abductions. Alas it seems people are all too willing to claim experience of something there is absolutely no reason on offer to think they actually did experience.... while still others claim experience of something that was in fact something entirely normal and mundane but misinterpreted.

There simply is nothing on offer, much less on this thread or from you, to suggest that unexplained experiences of humans have anything to do with the actions of "spirits" or that such entities even exist at all.
Rate this post positively Quick reply to this message
 
Old 11-21-2011, 12:53 PM
 
Location: Los Angeles
6,991 posts, read 8,702,494 times
Reputation: 8765
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nozzferrahhtoo View Post
So you claim to have world changing undeniable proof of something that humans have been asking about for centuries, and then you engage in making excuses for why you just happen to be unable to present said evidence. Forgive me for thinking that sounds somewhat suspicious. If I thought I had evidence of such great import I would at the very least go to the local Technology College and get a savvy student to help me with my failures at computer use rather than sit on world changing evidence of monumental import.

Most likely is that you have no such evidence, you are making it up hoping no one will call you on it, and when called on it you simply make up excuses for why you will not be able to present it. "undeniable proof" indeed. For shame sir.

Not to mention the fact that scientists have long, and often, demonstrated the fact that humans listening to random noise can easily find "voices" and "words" there if they want to. Finding patterns in random information is one of the things the human brain does, even when no pattern is actually there.
Science is more often than not,nothing but unproven speculation.
If I can find a way to download a cassette tape to my computer, you will have your proof.
In the meantime, what I would suggest, is that you google "Sightings/ Sarah Estep", and see for yourself her experiments with evp.
Running off at the mouth without looking at what is offered as proof, is just that, running off at the mouth.
Her experiments are the same as mine, with the same results.
Only difference being, she has the studio amplification equipment to broaden what is being picked up, and I don't have that expensive equipment.
I don't think it is possible for me, or anyone to download a 20 year old cassette tape on to a computer.
Cassette tape players do not have a usb port to allow connection to a computer, and I don't think, even if I were to use my digital camera to record the sound, you would hear it because as stated above, without professional amplification equipment, one needs a headset to hear these voices, because they are very faint.
The fact that I have not found a way to get them on my computer does not take away from the fact that I recorded them, and others, besides myself, have listened to them.
Bob.
Rate this post positively Quick reply to this message
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.


 
Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Message:
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Unexplained Mysteries and Paranormal
Similar Threads

All times are GMT -6.

© 2005-2021, Advameg, Inc. · Please obey Forum Rules · Terms of Use and Privacy Policy · Bug Bounty

City-Data.com - Contact Us - Archive 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30, 31, 32, 33, 34, 35, 36, 37 - Top