U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Unexplained Mysteries and Paranormal
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Search Forums  (Advanced)
Reply Start New Thread
 
Old 11-23-2011, 06:41 AM
 
16,434 posts, read 20,203,095 times
Reputation: 9566

Advertisements

CSI | Electronic Voice Phenomena: Voices of the Dead?
Rate this post positively Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

 
Old 11-23-2011, 06:56 AM
 
7,801 posts, read 5,647,588 times
Reputation: 2979
Quote:
Originally Posted by virgode View Post
I play the same game with one 5yr old, different results. The blind folds aren't fair play.
The point of course being that you can achieve much without a blind fold. If you hide something in plain sight people who EXPECT it to be hidden will not see it. Their mind if so tuned to find it concealed somewhere that they will not see it standing in plain sight right in front of them.

It almost IS like putting a blindfold on them. The item is standing, sparkling, right there in front of their eyes and is in no way concealed. They simply do not see it.

The issue is of course that little quirks in our brains like that leave us confused as to how we could have missed something, how something appeared to have moved when we are so sure it was not there before. The explanation for these things simply is brain failure.

Yet people will take those simple quirks of the human condition and act like the only explanation for the otherwise confusing event is that magical and conveniently invisible spirits are performing all kinds of mischief. As this thread has shown such people will sell all kinds of woo from ghosts to Islam to explain away such basic events.
Rate this post positively Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 11-23-2011, 12:35 PM
 
Location: Los Angeles
6,944 posts, read 8,651,253 times
Reputation: 8723
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nozzferrahhtoo View Post
Clearly it is, but I repeat this is hardly an excuse. If one feels one is sitting on world changing and undeniable evidence for something a huge proportion of the world population have an interest in... one should not be sitting on ones behind making excuses... one should be out there finding someone to help get over what are essentially very basic and easily rectified limitations.

A simple walk to the local tech college to stick up a sign saying "WANTED: Help from tech savvy student to transfer audio from casette tape to Computer" would have long ago solved your problem. Or maybe your ability to use pen and paper is also limited??



Get over yourself. I hide behind nothing. I simply think that if one person makes a claim then they should provide their evidence for said claim. You made a claim, claimed you had the evidence, and then when asked to actually provide said evidence you engaged in a seriously poor effort to make excuses to not do so.

So do not pretend the problem is with me. When I make positive claims I always do so being sure I have some evidence, argument, data or reasons to back my position up in case I am asked. If you can not do so, then maybe think a little harder before speaking in future. You certainly are in no position to pretend the failing is with me when it is actually with you.

But I should expect as much. Usually when people make entirely unsubstantiated claims for which they have no supporting evidence... the first tactic from them is to pretend the person who does not accept their ideas is at fault.



I see nothing in anything I have read on the person to support the claims you are making here. Can you be more specific.

Had you bothered to follow the link I posted above, at the bottom of the page are actual recorded sessions she. did.
What more proof do you need?
If that isn't right in your face, then I don't know what is.
Some people have a hard time accepting things they don't understand, and I feel this is the case with you.
If you are having trouble understanding the concept, then perhaps you would do better to stay out of the conversation, unless you have something positive to ad.
We all have opinions, and it is great to express them, but the time comes when one can add no additional, helpful information, and at that time, the smart thing to do is leave, not to keep harping on your misguided conceptions.
I have offered proof, (even though it isn't physically mine) and if you don't want to accept it, that is your business, but it would be better that you not argue something that apparently you know little about.
Bob.
Rate this post positively Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 11-23-2011, 11:01 PM
 
Location: 39 20' 59"N / 75 30' 53"W
16,081 posts, read 25,605,915 times
Reputation: 18078
We've all misplaced something only to find them later and say..Ah, now I remember putting them there. Like my keys, do it all the time.

I'm not the most organized person, but there are certain things I'm pet peevy about, like papers I want to put my hands on quickly when needed. There were two papers I needed to refer to, ended up doing exactly what irritates me. Anyway, I had to wing it without them, but it worked out fine.

The next time I filed something away, the two paper were mysteriously there. I just sat for a few minutes, every paper had been turned over a few times. I can tell you there is not a doubt in my mind the papers weren't there and I'm not going to explain it away with brain failure.

I could give more examples, this was the most recent.

Last edited by virgode; 11-23-2011 at 11:46 PM..
Rate this post positively Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 11-23-2011, 11:44 PM
 
Location: 39 20' 59"N / 75 30' 53"W
16,081 posts, read 25,605,915 times
Reputation: 18078
Quote:
Originally Posted by goldengrain View Post
My eyes were not dry after reading this touching story.

I though people on the other side dropped off the maladies that they suffered through on this earth, but an odd thing happened to me.

I, about to sleep, on two occasions, got the creeps when I heard a voice, 'soon we will be together'. The second time the presence really felt ugly, but I got a tap on the shoulder and heard 'get away from her' and the tap left me with a very elevating positive energy. That was the last of the depressing presence.

I subsequently found out that a guy I had dated in high school - we had been quite serious at the time, but it did not work out - had just passed. I found out that during his life he had had emotional problems so much so that he could not get on with co workers and was fired from several jobs. He had kept some of my old letters.

I am sad to learn that he still seems, after death, to be a sad person. I guess it's some sort of karma that is unresolved.

Do you, or does anyone have any input on this?
My interpretation is different, the protective presence was your friend from high school.
Rate this post positively Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 11-24-2011, 02:52 AM
 
Location: 39 20' 59"N / 75 30' 53"W
16,081 posts, read 25,605,915 times
Reputation: 18078
Reality Shifters - Consciousness Shifts Reality

We notice reality shifts when things appear, disappear, transform or transport... as well as when we experience changes in time. These reality shifts and time shifts happen in and around us most every day, in the form of synchronicity. We also notice them in cases of spontaneous remission of illness and disease. Reality shift experiences range from the sublime (missing socks or keys), to the ridiculous (things reappearing in completely unexpected locations), to the absolutely astonishing (dead people being seen alive again; objects appearing out of thin air; traveling great distances in extremely short periods of time). We notice more reality shifts as we open our minds to considering such things possible, and also as we imagine the possibility that our waking reality is every bit as malleable as a dream.
Rate this post positively Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 11-24-2011, 03:03 AM
 
7,801 posts, read 5,647,588 times
Reputation: 2979
Quote:
Originally Posted by CALGUY View Post
Had you bothered to follow the link I posted above, at the bottom of the page are actual recorded sessions she. did.
Again same question, I see nothing in there that proves the claims you have made. At all. Maybe you can explain what you think I have missed in your own words.

It is easy to throw out stock phrases like "You have trouble understanding" or "You should stay out of the conversation". Anyone can type lines like that, I am sure you find it very easy.

But this does not change the fact you are unable to adumbrate what you think is evidence here and for what claims exactly.

You have not offered "proof" as you claim. You have not even offered "evidence". In fact the only "evidence" you claim to have you then make excuses for why you can not even present it. "Oh poor me, I have world changing evidence but I simply can not get it from cassette on to PC".

Yeah.

Right.
Rate this post positively Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 11-24-2011, 12:00 PM
 
Location: Los Angeles
6,944 posts, read 8,651,253 times
Reputation: 8723
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nozzferrahhtoo View Post
Again same question, I see nothing in there that proves the claims you have made. At all. Maybe you can explain what you think I have missed in your own words.

It is easy to throw out stock phrases like "You have trouble understanding" or "You should stay out of the conversation". Anyone can type lines like that, I am sure you find it very easy.

But this does not change the fact you are unable to adumbrate what you think is evidence here and for what claims exactly.

You have not offered "proof" as you claim. You have not even offered "evidence". In fact the only "evidence" you claim to have you then make excuses for why you can not even present it. "Oh poor me, I have world changing evidence but I simply can not get it from cassette on to PC".

Yeah.

Right.

Then I take it you don't think EVP is possible.
That being the case, what are those links at the bottom of Sarah's page?
Would you care to explain?
This ought to be good.
Bob.
Rate this post positively Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 11-24-2011, 02:04 PM
 
Location: Los Angeles
6,944 posts, read 8,651,253 times
Reputation: 8723
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bideshi View Post
The theory behind this article is, evp is all in the eyes of the beholder, and these voices are not really there, but rather a figment of the brain.
If that is the case, how do you explain this?
In a recording session one evening, I heard the voice of my partner who had passed on 3 months earlier.
In all my recordings, the only way I could hear any voice on playback was with a set of headphones.
On this one night, I asked a question, and was surprised to hear his answer without the headset on.
He spoke loudly and clear, "Bobby, I would like to rest".
I played that tape to friends who at the time knew nothing of my recordings.
They all heard exactly what he had said on the tape, and I asked them to repeat what they heard.
Now, having no prior knowledge of what was on the tape, how could their brains have figured out beforehand what was said, so that they could already be imagining what was being said.
This is what the article would have you believe.
According to it's author, all evp is merely the power of suggestion.
These three people who heard my tape, had not a clue as to what was on it, so that, in itself, rules out the perception theory brought forth by this article.
Bob.
Rate this post positively Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 11-24-2011, 09:57 PM
 
Location: Sinking in the Great Salt Lake
13,145 posts, read 20,433,272 times
Reputation: 14042
Quote:
Originally Posted by virgode View Post
Reality Shifters - Consciousness Shifts Reality

We notice reality shifts when things appear, disappear, transform or transport... as well as when we experience changes in time. These reality shifts and time shifts happen in and around us most every day, in the form of synchronicity. We also notice them in cases of spontaneous remission of illness and disease. Reality shift experiences range from the sublime (missing socks or keys), to the ridiculous (things reappearing in completely unexpected locations), to the absolutely astonishing (dead people being seen alive again; objects appearing out of thin air; traveling great distances in extremely short periods of time). We notice more reality shifts as we open our minds to considering such things possible, and also as we imagine the possibility that our waking reality is every bit as malleable as a dream.
So I just have to buy some books, crystals and incense from these people and then I can control the world? It's so easy, and at only 3 payments of 19.95, so affordable!!!
Rate this post positively Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.


Reply
Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Message:

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Unexplained Mysteries and Paranormal
Similar Threads

All times are GMT -6.

© 2005-2021, Advameg, Inc. · Please obey Forum Rules · Terms of Use and Privacy Policy · Bug Bounty

City-Data.com - Contact Us - Archive 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30, 31, 32, 33, 34, 35, 36, 37 - Top