Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Unexplained Mysteries and Paranormal
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-23-2011, 10:16 AM

2,866 posts, read 5,241,292 times

Advertisements

I usually don't post in this section of the forum but certain things have happened to me and I would like to know your opinions cause I really don't know what to think.

First of all, let me start by saying that I am agnostic. I don't believe in religion, I'm not sure about the existence of God and I am highly sceptical of anything "paranormal" or "supernatural". I grew up in an atheist environment, which includes my whole family apart from my now deceased grandfather. So, the fact that I'm even pondering the possibility of paranormal activity says a lot

A couple of weeks ago my mother moved into a new house and since then, a lot of strange things have happened. Objects keep on disappearing and reappearing again with no logical explanation. It started when we couldn't find the scissors. I checked every single drawer and I even took out the drawer where the scissors usually are and turned it upside down. It wasn't there, although my mom swore she put it there that morning. We went to a cousin's birthday party and when we came back, I opened that same drawer again and the scissors were right there, in plain sight! I thought that was kinda odd but I didn't really think about it anymore, I figured there must have been a logical explanation for it. A few days later, a similar situation occured. My mom wanted to go grocery shopping but she had to go to the toilet first so she put her wallet on the living room table. A few minutes later, she came back into the living room to get her wallet but it was gone! At first she thought I was pulling a prank on her but I was upstairs the whole time. The next day, she woke up to find her wallet right next to her bed on the night stand. Two days ago, I couldn't find my comb that I always keep in my purse. I looked everywhere, all the drawers etc. and I even turned my purse upside down twice, but it wasn't there. Today, I opened my purse again and my comb was right there, on top of the other stuff! I asked my mom if she had found my comb and she was very surprised, she hadn't seen it in a couple of days. To be clear: it's just me and my mom living in this house and we didn't have any visitors during the disappearance and reappearance of these objects.

What could this possibly be? Has anyone else experienced this kind of stuff?

While I'm at it, I had another strange experience when I was 9 years old. I was playing in the attic when I heard a very angry, hoarse voice whisper: "Hey! What are you doing here?!" I thought it was just my older sister trying to scare me so I ran downstairs and complained about it to my mother. My mother became very angry with me because it turned out my sister was at a friend's house and nobody else was home except my mother and my baby brother, so my mom thought I was just trying to get my sister punished for something she didn't do. Anyway, we never spoke about it again but I never forgot it. Five years later, my little brother ran downstairs screaming and crying. He was 9 years old at the time. He said that he had gone to the attic to get some toys and an angry voice had said to him: "Hey! What are you doing here? Go away!" My brother couldn't possibly have known about my experience because he was a toddler at the time and we never spoke about it since it had happened. I know this sounds like a low-budget horror movie but I swear this is exactly what happened. I remember it like yesterday.

I really don't know what to think anymore. The rational part of me says all this "supernatural" stuff is nonsense and I do believe that to a great extent but I can't deny my own experiences, right?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-23-2011, 10:22 AM

14,076 posts, read 20,523,376 times
I'm convinced there is a spirit world, a different dimension inhabited by good and evil spirits. They may be doing things in your reality, or they may not. "Losing" things, then finding them again, is a fairly common experience and seems to get worse as we get older and our brains don't function like they used to.

But, it could be that other thing too and, since you do not accept the reality of God and, by extension, His angels, you're fair game for those evil spirits to confuse you.

That they are real is proven, to me, by John's instructions on how to differentiate between God's spirits and evil spirits. If there were no such things, we wouldn't need to be told how to tell one from the other, would we?

Old 08-23-2011, 10:55 AM

15,501 posts, read 17,069,432 times
Us Muslims believe the highest levels of created creatures are Angels, Jinn and Man. Angels we believe to be genderless beings with no free will and serve as Messengers and Servants for God(swt) We believe Jinn like humans are created, are male and female, have free will, are capable of choosing to do good or bad, are mortal are born and will die, like humans they have the choice of worshiping or not worshiping God(swt) and will be subject to choosing to following or not following the path to heaven.

Normally there is no contact between man and Jinn. However contact is possible and because they are not made of the same material as humans they may appear in strange forms, or as something familiar or even be invisible.

We do attribute true paranormal activities to Jinn. However, since contact with Jinn is rare, it is best to look first for a physical explanation. Nearl all cases of reported paranormal activity do have a physical explanation, look for that first. Keep in mind the wind is often a factor especially in older houses, along with shifting foundations.

Old 08-23-2011, 11:05 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Woodrow LI View Post
Us Muslims believe the highest levels of created creatures are Angels, Jinn and Man. Angels we believe to be genderless beings with no free will and serve as Messengers and Servants for God(swt) We believe Jinn like humans are created, are male and female, have free will, are capable of choosing to do good or bad, are mortal are born and will die, like humans they have the choice of worshiping or not worshiping God(swt) and will be subject to choosing to following or not following the path to heaven.

Normally there is no contact between man and Jinn. However contact is possible and because they are not made of the same material as humans they may appear in strange forms, or as something familiar or even be invisible.

We do attribute true paranormal activities to Jinn. However, since contact with Jinn is rare, it is best to look first for a physical explanation. Nearl all cases of reported paranormal activity do have a physical explanation, look for that first. Keep in mind the wind is often a factor especially in older houses, along with shifting foundations.
That's interesting, I have never heard about Jinn before.

Believe me, I have tried to look for a physical explanation. But what could it be? The wind or shifting foundations might explain how objects can move a little bit but it doesn't explain how a wallet can be on the living room table one day and the night stand upstairs the next day without anyone touching it.

Old 08-23-2011, 11:27 AM

13,138 posts, read 22,806,250 times
I'm borderline atheist but I believe plenty of so-called supernatural phenomenon is real, though probably misunderstood natural phenomenon.

I wouldn't jump to the conclusion that what you are describing is paranormal though. It could just as easily be nerves and the natural stress that comes from moving into and becoming accustomed to a new place.

Old 08-23-2011, 11:48 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chango View Post
I'm borderline atheist but I believe plenty of so-called supernatural phenomenon is real, though probably misunderstood natural phenomenon.

I wouldn't jump to the conclusion that what you are describing is paranormal though. It could just as easily be nerves and the natural stress that comes from moving into and becoming accustomed to a new place.
I have thought about that too. But I have moved 3 times before and this is the first time these things are happening.

Old 08-23-2011, 12:21 PM

9,455 posts, read 12,540,287 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LindavG View Post
A couple of weeks ago my mother moved into a new house and since then, a lot of strange things have happened. Objects keep on disappearing and reappearing again with no logical explanation. It started when we couldn't find the scissors. I checked every single drawer and I even took out the drawer where the scissors usually are and turned it upside down. It wasn't there, although my mom swore she put it there that morning. We went to a cousin's birthday party and when we came back, I opened that same drawer again and the scissors were right there, in plain sight! I thought that was kinda odd but I didn't really think about it anymore, I figured there must have been a logical explanation for it. A few days later, a similar situation occured. My mom wanted to go grocery shopping but she had to go to the toilet first so she put her wallet on the living room table. A few minutes later, she came back into the living room to get her wallet but it was gone! At first she thought I was pulling a prank on her but I was upstairs the whole time. The next day, she woke up to find her wallet right next to her bed on the night stand. Two days ago, I couldn't find my comb that I always keep in my purse. I looked everywhere, all the drawers etc. and I even turned my purse upside down twice, but it wasn't there. Today, I opened my purse again and my comb was right there, on top of the other stuff! I asked my mom if she had found my comb and she was very surprised, she hadn't seen it in a couple of days. To be clear: it's just me and my mom living in this house and we didn't have any visitors during the disappearance and reappearance of these objects.

What could this possibly be? Has anyone else experienced this kind of stuff?
My father in law had similar experiences as he became demented. No doubt you and your mom are suffering from Alzemiers.

Quote:
Originally Posted by LindavG View Post
I really don't know what to think anymore. The rational part of me says all this "supernatural" stuff is nonsense and I do believe that to a great extent but I can't deny my own experiences, right?
That is the truth, but I am sure the skeptics will try to convince you otherwise.

Old 08-23-2011, 12:22 PM

23,171 posts, read 26,182,686 times
I was reading this and the room started shaking......you almost convinced me!!
(Until I realized it as just an earthquake)

Old 08-23-2011, 12:47 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr5150 View Post
My father in law had similar experiences as he became demented. No doubt you and your mom are suffering from Alzemiers.
Well I hope not, I'm only 21

Old 08-23-2011, 12:49 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by old_cold View Post
I was reading this and the room started shaking......you almost convinced me!!
(Until I realized it as just an earthquake)
It was "just" an earthquake?

Seriously though, I'm not making this up. I have no reason to.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Unexplained Mysteries and Paranormal