U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Covid-19 Information Page
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Unexplained Mysteries and Paranormal
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 09-16-2011, 05:15 PM

15,397 posts, read 20,458,258 times

Advertisements

The lines stretch from Syria to Saudi Arabia and are only visible(discernible) from the air....they are reminiscent of the Nazca Lines in Southern Peru and are at least 2,000 years old....they are 82 to 230 feet across.

Some are rectangular....others appear to be wheels with spokes. They may have astronomical significance relating to telling seasonal changes or be for crop storage or places of worship etc....we still are not sure.

Nazca Lines - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Visible Only From Above, Mystifying 'Nazca Lines' Discovered in Mideast - Yahoo! News

Ancient Civilization Cut Path to Demise | LiveScience

Gallery: Aerial Photos Reveal Mysterious Stone Structures | Giant Wheel Structures | Mideast Archaeology & Nacza Lines | LiveScience

History's Most Overlooked Mysteries | LiveScience

Flickr: APAAME's Photostream (http://www.flickr.com/photos/apaame - broken link)

Thousands of strange 'Nazca Lines' discovered in the Middle East | Mail Online

» Thousands of strange new ‘Nazca Lines’ discovered in the Middle East Alex Jones' Infowars: There's a war on for your mind!

Mysterious Wheel Patterns in Middle East Resemble Peru?s ?Nazca Lines? [PHOTOS] - International Business Times

Strange Nazca Lines discovered in the Middle East - YouTube

9/14/11 Newly Discovered Mystifying Nazca Lines in Mideast! Visible Only From Above... - YouTube
Rate this post positively Quick reply to this message

Old 09-16-2011, 05:36 PM

4,153 posts, read 8,434,614 times
Interesting, they say they may even number into the thousands!

Old 09-16-2011, 08:51 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by SVTRay View Post
Interesting, they say they may even number into the thousands!
I thought it was interesting also; I wonder why it took so long for anyone to notice the "ruins".

The "lines" almost look organic........I wonder if it had anything to do with the artificial irrigation of crops in ancient agrarian societies.......as an alternative to the other possible and plausible explanations that were given in the links???????

Old 09-16-2011, 11:08 PM

19,718 posts, read 59,666,227 times
Pretty consistent with animal compounds in other parts of Africa. Big honkin fence at the perimeter, interior divided as needs be.

Old 09-16-2011, 11:22 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by harry chickpea View Post
Pretty consistent with animal compounds in other parts of Africa. Big honkin fence at the perimeter, interior divided as needs be.
I'm frankly "not sold" on this being Nazca Type lines myself........as you mention...... it seems like there are numerous simpler and more plausible and pragmatic explanations for this discovery...... relative to the Nazca Mystery.

Old 09-17-2011, 08:58 AM

13,138 posts, read 37,949,425 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by PITTSTON2SARASOTA View Post
I'm frankly "not sold" on this being Nazca Type lines myself........as you mention...... it seems like there are numerous simpler and more plausible and pragmatic explanations for this discovery...... relative to the Nazca Mystery.
Yes it is intriguing how none of the current governments or orbiting satellites noticed these before?

They stated that these were created around 2,000 years ago and so that entire region was solidly in control by the Parthian Empire and so my gut thought is that the Parthians most probably created these for their own culture and also to show up their intellect to their bitter rivals then the roman empire on it's westward borders as i've never read anything from the Parthians or Romans about space aliens (unless you include jesus .lol.)

Thanks for posting this PITTS as i'm now very intruiged by it .

Old 09-22-2011, 10:41 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by 6 Foot 3 View Post
Yes it is intriguing how none of the current governments or orbiting satellites noticed these before?

They stated that these were created around 2,000 years ago and so that entire region was solidly in control by the Parthian Empire and so my gut thought is that the Parthians most probably created these for their own culture and also to show up their intellect to their bitter rivals then the roman empire on it's westward borders as i've never read anything from the Parthians or Romans about space aliens (unless you include jesus .lol.)

Thanks for posting this PITTS as i'm now very intruiged by it .
You're welcome 6 Foot.......I know you're a History buff and could shed some light on this new discovery.

Old 09-23-2011, 09:57 AM

13,138 posts, read 37,949,425 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by PITTSTON2SARASOTA View Post
You're welcome 6 Foot.......I know you're a History buff and could shed some light on this new discovery.
Well i've never read anything about the Parthians or Romans mentioning aliens ..... err unless you believe the History Channel ''Ancient Aliens'' series

Old 09-23-2011, 11:29 AM

5,460 posts, read 8,639,400 times
I'd like to see more ground level views. It certainly looks weird. Have there been any actual scientific conclusions that the shapes are manmade and not geological? There's a similar site located near South Africa with floral like patterns, said to be ancient villages, animal corrals or astronomical markers that are claimed to be over 200,000 years old. Unfortunately, the dating claim comes from a musician/author, Michael Tellinger, who has no scientific background. Kinda sounds as reliable as ol' Erik von Daniken.

This website isn't authoritative, but contains a number of images.
Amazing Metropolis Discovered in Africa is 200,000 years old!

Some other odd formations such as the Mima Mounds are found in areas around the world, including Washington State, China, etc.
Dark Roasted Blend: The Majorly Mysterious Mima Mounds

Mima mounds - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

"Band of Holes" near Pisco, Peru
Unexplained “Band of Holes” – Pisco, Peru

Old 09-24-2011, 12:38 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by NightBazaar View Post
I'd like to see more ground level views. It certainly looks weird. Have there been any actual scientific conclusions that the shapes are manmade and not geological? There's a similar site located near South Africa with floral like patterns, said to be ancient villages, animal corrals or astronomical markers that are claimed to be over 200,000 years old. Unfortunately, the dating claim comes from a musician/author, Michael Tellinger, who has no scientific background. Kinda sounds as reliable as ol' Erik von Daniken.

This website isn't authoritative, but contains a number of images.
Amazing Metropolis Discovered in Africa is 200,000 years old!

Some other odd formations such as the Mima Mounds are found in areas around the world, including Washington State, China, etc.
Dark Roasted Blend: The Majorly Mysterious Mima Mounds

Mima mounds - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

"Band of Holes" near Pisco, Peru
Unexplained “Band of Holes” – Pisco, Peru
THANX for the links N.B....I agree the images look organic or as you say.....remind me of permafrost areas after expanding/thawing cycles.....maybe this is a similar phenomena but involving heat??????

I don't think they compare to the Nazca Lines.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Unexplained Mysteries and Paranormal