Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Unexplained Mysteries and Paranormal
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-27-2011, 10:17 AM

50,088 posts, read 20,712,695 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by InsaneInDaMembrane View Post
You know guys, I'm suspicious of this one also, but I don't know if I am willing to rule it all out and by this I mean, ruling out the total possibility that there may have been some interaction in the distant past between this earth and beings from elsewhere. I could be totally wrong and with the help of Hollywood and their sometimes comedic interpretations in the past, it's easy to get a chuckle out of the mere thought sometimes. You see, some of us atheists scoff at theists for having the arrogance to think that the universe revolves around their theology and that the earth is the center of their god's affection and attention. We sometimes mock their notion that everything and anything that happens in this vast universe happens here and here only on this speck of h20 and land. Supposedly we alone have the ONLY level of intelligent life and it exists nowhere else. Only we can hop over to neighboring astral bodies in our spaceships and satellites and peep into bedrooms of those neighbors. Could it be that we're not the only game in town? Could it be that there are other thingees out there peering at us, knowing about us, wanting to visit us or may have visited us?

By the way, this does not even remotely suggest I am entertaining anybody's gods, however, if there ever was such a thing and whoever or whatever they may have been were far more advanced than out ancestors, as primitive as they were in some places, would they have considered them "gods???"
Yes, sure. I like the idea of ancient aliens coming and talking to us. The only problem I have is that the evidence put forward for this ranges to the admittedly unexplained (which does not mean aliens dunnit) to the frankly discreditable and discredited like aliens built the pyramids and taught the Moche how to elongate their heads.

This thread subject does not inspire a great deal of confidence, but I might be pleasantly surprised.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-27-2011, 10:53 AM

31,035 posts, read 22,064,322 times
"The advanced Mayan society" The one that predicted the end of the earth in 2012?
They were so advanced and smart that they went extinct. If they were still around they would have lot more credibility

Old 09-27-2011, 12:37 PM

7,076 posts, read 12,345,554 times
Quote:
You know guys, I'm suspicious of this one also, but I don't know if I am willing to rule it all out and by this I mean, ruling out the total possibility that there may have been some interaction in the distant past between this earth and beings from elsewhere. I could be totally wrong and with the help of Hollywood and their sometimes comedic interpretations in the past, it's easy to get a chuckle out of the mere thought sometimes. You see, some of us atheists scoff at theists for having the arrogance to think that the universe revolves around their theology and that the earth is the center of their god's affection and attention. We sometimes mock their notion that everything and anything that happens in this vast universe happens here and here only on this speck of h20 and land. Supposedly we alone have the ONLY level of intelligent life and it exists nowhere else. Only we can hop over to neighboring astral bodies in our spaceships and satellites and peep into bedrooms of those neighbors. Could it be that we're not the only game in town? Could it be that there are other thingees out there peering at us, knowing about us, wanting to visit us or may have visited us?

By the way, this does not even remotely suggest I am entertaining anybody's gods, however, if there ever was such a thing and whoever or whatever they may have been were far more advanced than out ancestors, as primitive as they were in some places, would they have considered them "gods???"
We'll see what becomes of this documentary. Thanks for posting!!!

As for your final statement (in bold) I am reminded of some relatively recent news out of Jerusalem.

Fox News,february 2011 - Jerusalem UFO.avi - YouTube

^^^@ the 40 second mark of this one, she asked "Is he back" (ROTFLMAO!!!) Here it is from a different angle...

UFO 4TH VIDEO Jerusalem, dome of the rock,SPECIAL ANALYSIS,HIGH QUALITY,ZOOM,SLOWED - YouTube

^^^It seems that this "thing" has been filmed from several different angles by several witnesses.

Old 09-28-2011, 11:56 PM

24,621 posts, read 19,159,948 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by gsoboi78 View Post
What is interesting is that this involves government officials at the top level in Mexico.
No one ever said they were smart.

Quote:
Originally Posted by cruxan View Post
sounds like a really good plan to drum up some much needed tourist dollars
That's what it smells like to me. Everyone come to Mehico and be happy for 2012.

Quote:
Originally Posted by LS Jaun View Post
"The advanced Mayan society" The one that predicted the end of the earth in 2012?
They didn't predict the end of the Earth. An art historian (Jose Arguelles) who now claims to be the incarnation of Votan is the one who says the Mayans claim the Earth will end in 2012.

Old 09-29-2011, 04:58 AM

50,088 posts, read 20,712,695 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mircea View Post
No one ever said they were smart.

That's what it smells like to me. Everyone come to Mehico and be happy for 2012.

They didn't predict the end of the Earth. An art historian (Jose Arguelles) who now claims to be the incarnation of Votan is the one who says the Mayans claim the Earth will end in 2012.
Indeed. Again I will wait for a year and consign this to the overflowing garbage dump of failed end of earth claims.

Whilst I'm posting, as to the UFO video footage, while it is astonishing to look at, the mental leap from unexplained photos, films or anecdotes to whatever theory one wants to prove is common to religious and cult - thinking.

All we have here is an unexplained film with 'what else could it be?' tacked on.

There are some questions about it. It is rather small, isn't it? If it part of a craft, why doesn't it reflect the light or indeed the light from the illuminated dome?
Finally, the shots from various angles are purportedly from four different witnesses. But they all appear (at the moment) to have got together to post anonymously on internet rather than go individually public. (Yeah, I await the 'they are afraid of ridicule, press hounding and Fatwahs' excuses)
plus there don't seem to be any other witnesses at all.

I'm not dismissing it out of hand but there are some questions to be answered.

Old 09-29-2011, 12:05 PM

9,616 posts, read 12,915,172 times
Default Incremental Commentarianism, by rflmnâ„¢

Quote:
Originally Posted by AREQUIPA View Post
"Mexico will release codices, artifacts and significant documents with evidence of Mayan and extraterrestrial contact, and all of their information will be corroborated by archaeologists," said Julia-Levy, son of actor Raul Julia."

I like the way it says 'Mexico' as implying that this was official release of studies, peer reviewed and analyzed documents after some years of cogitation. And announced by some actor's son, rather than their head of education, for some reason.

I just hope it won't be the carving of Pacal II of Palenque flying his space - ship.
One also wonders when Mexican consumers might get auto-focusing video cams. Perhaps they didn't let the "valves" (eh, AREQUIPA, & also known to top Mexican electronics engineers as "tubes"...) warm up. After all, they get the very best & latest Russian-built models right from a rubber raft that leaves Cuba every Wednesday morning! I'm just sayin'....

Google Images

Quote:
Here is a drawing from hundreds of years ago in Asia. The drawing tells the story of a vessel coming down from the sky and landing. Its very interesting that its shaped like a modern day flying disk

http://alien-ufo-research.com/images...aintingufo.jpg
Not so; you maketh it up! We know the real background on this container, and thusly it can also be 1) a storage pot, 2) a fire-pit containment vessel, 3) a grain sifter, 4) a ceremonial pit for containing frantic local jungle lizards otherwise bound for a nasty sacrificial ceremony, 5) a spittoon, 6) a urinal, 7) a "solid hominid waste" container, 8) a mobile pizza oven, 9) a pot to hold rising breads prior to their being backed in...or, obviously... 10) a bread oven.

And so on. And so forth. Ad infinitum.

Or, as per gsoboi here, a tiny little non-metallic space vessel, with no interior compartmentalization, no drive mechanism, no ping-pong court for the bored inhabitants on year 3,582 of their voyage, no food storage, escape lifeboats, com-equipment antennae, and.... or....

And so on. And so forth. Ad infinitum.

<sigh>

Now, as to top-secret Gov'mint oficialdom in Me-Hee-Coh, is this what passes for that austere level of governmental administrative largess in that crime-riddled hell-hole? The Min'o'Tourism for a local state in Mexico? A Mexican State is sorta akin to a little collection of drying Saguaro Cacti on an arid patch of sand, with some dessicated goats wandering by looking for some stale water. Impressive! No wonder they be needin' some tourism dollars! An... make eet fast, mi amigos!!!

But, do pray tell, what will the touristaz do after the ***'s up, the alien craft put out in the hot sun turn out to have decades-old spider webbage within, and fresh Caterpillar Tractor tracks are found on the faked landing sites?

Q: Will they then hurredly-scurredly load up the bus (with, one desperately hopes, functioning A/C, and not of the stale-water-fed Swamp Cooler variety...) and rush them all over to the Acambara Pots'n'Aliens site*, for a nifty seminar by THEIR competing Min-O-Trade & Tourist Scamming advocate-in-general?

(* side note to TLGTC34....) [[the late great, etc...]] with apologies to Tom, since he's unable to be here, but one hopes he's having a good laugh at all of us from his ringside seat, an ice-cold Bud in his hands (God likes His beers light and refreshing, after all...), and a fresh bag of Doritos at his and God's beck and call....)

This is, of course, "clearly".... (and a brief PS to ARE: I LIKE that word. I can see it's great utility, as you've pointed out!)

...as if The Minister of Tourism for North Dakota were to tell us we'd all better flee for our lives, that a really big plague of genetically mod'ed locusts is/are about to pack their tiny little locust-travel-bags in ND and head on out on a path of sure and certain national, indeed global, destruction!

Cayn't say he didn't dun warn us, eh?

Quote:
Ok, we all love new ideas and this is all rather fun. At the same time, this is tossing out a bit of a challenge 'You orthodox historians had it all wrong'.

If their claims are made to look foolish, then they deserve all they get. I have little sympathy with nut cult tourism exploitation.
But but but... what if they're right? OMG!

I look forward to this phenomenal announcement, and the instant interest it should generate... (or...the vigorous unofficial attempts to snuff it all out... as in: the appearance of hordes of US-built, blacked out GM [read: Goverment Motors...] Suburbans, fitted with supercharged 8.1l gas big blocks and REALLY THICK DOORS, the sure indicator of the CIA/FBI/TSA/HS crowd..., who arrive to the press announcement and their be-sunglassed hive-drone-types emerge with LMTCo 7.62mm devices at the C&L ready....

Lewis Machine & Tool Company :: www.lewismachine.net

WELL THEN, by God, We'll KNOW It Was Not Ever A Fake! RunFYLives!

Quote:
You know guys, I'm suspicious of this one also, but I don't know if I am willing to rule it all out and by this I mean, ruling out the total possibility that there may have been some interaction in the distant past between this earth and beings from elsewhere. I could be totally wrong

Could it be that there are other thingees out there peering at us, knowing about us, wanting to visit us or may have visited us?

and this...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Boxcar Overkill View Post
... I agree with Insane, in as much as it is not impossible that there is other life in the universe, and it is not impossible that other life at one time visited earth. I see no evidence for it, but it's not impossible.
I like your thinkingz, IIDM & BoxCar: I too am very interested in such communication, but "ancient abandoned space pads in Mexico"? Why is it the aliens only arrived back when we were socially antique by any standards, and unable to communicate effectively, bu also full of vicious tribal angst and superstition?

As in: why not show up now, or at the very least in the parking lot adjacent to the film theatre in the '50s or '60s, just after the 1951 premiére of, say, The Day The Earth Stood Still, with Michael Rennie as Klaatu and his faithful but clumsy robot, Gort? (Our alien friends musta got quite the chuckle, or whatever sound they make in mirth, at that vision... )?

Think of the impact THAT would have made!

Quote:
Originally Posted by old_cold View Post
The minister of tourism is equivalent to the VP or Sec of Defense????
oh....kay.
Quote:
no but but high government officials are involved in this project and are revealing information for the documentary.
Ahh... Uhmmm.... Errr.... So Sorry: no references to that level of authority in any of your posts. Link please?

Quote:
All we have here is an unexplained film with 'what else could it be?' tacked on.

I'm not dismissing it out of hand but there are some questions to be answered.
Oh you! such a spoil-sport! The Brits always were of limited scientific imagination Dawkins, Priestley, Scheele, Cavendish, Crick, Dalton, Joule, Darwin, Hitchens... all sadly tightly tied & tethered to their intellectual hitching post, and never acknowledging The Bigger Picture.... like Mexico is here, as THE destination site for an alien tourista inspection!

(cut to bad video footage of Luyt-nant µ^n%4st...

Google Images

…showing his Grey Superior...

Google Images

…the lay of the land as it were, "Down Mexico Way"...

"And over here, sir, is their grain processing...uhmmm.. system. Note the donkey tetherd with... uhhmmm... leather thongs, and the small toothless swatter-equipped kid who is wacking away at those tiny little mammalian rodents that are scurrying about!

Impressive technology, yes? Yes? No?

What do you mean, I'm off to Siberia, sir? But... but... Miami was overbooked this weekend, and Vegas' hotels are a bit too taudry for YOUR Grande Generalisimo image, sir!

Oh... I see. You DO like showgirls....

Las Vegas Show Girls - Vegas Show Girl Tickets

Ooopppsss, heh heh....My mistake. I'll see if I can drum up some real nice local Mexican peasant women...

Google Images

for yooo....

(and POOF, just like Genesis: He's Gone in an Instant!)

Last edited by rifleman; 09-29-2011 at 12:42 PM..

Old 09-29-2011, 12:26 PM

4,529 posts, read 5,137,340 times
There is no difference between believing in alien visitation of earth and the believing in god. People will believe what they want despite zero credible evidence of either.

Old 09-29-2011, 12:52 PM

9,616 posts, read 12,915,172 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mikebnllnb View Post
There is no difference between believing in alien visitation of earth and the believing in god. People will believe what they want despite zero credible evidence of either.
But then, here's all that very believable evidence FOR Evolution, ancient geology, DNA linage tracing all the way from the Bering Sea Inuits back over the millennia and continents to (wayyyyhhhttttttfurIttttt...) Africa. And Lucy @ ≈ 1M years of age. But then.. her predecesor Ardy: Australopithecu sediba, from wayyy backkk when.... (>> 2M yrs!)

Fossils from South Africa Called Evolutionary 'Game Changer,' Though Not Missing Link - ABC News

S'OK... Christians should go on fervently believing whatever unsupported metaphorical fairytales they choose. IMHO, we should each have our own twisted & distorted ideas to cherish, right? Even if ours [i.e.: scientists'…] are backed by literally centuries of independent studies and reproducible results.

But in the case of an upcoming alien visitation, or at least potential Mexi-Gov-approved proof of a past one, that obviously (and dare I say... "clearly"...???) falls into the Scientifically Credible file, as long as you don't ruffle around in there too deeply.

God Save Us From The Aliens.... "GSUFTA©"

Old 09-29-2011, 01:09 PM

4,529 posts, read 5,137,340 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by rifleman View Post
But then, here's all that very believable evidence FOR Evolution, ancient geology, DNA linage tracing all the way from the Bering Sea Inuits back over the millennia and continents to (wayyyyhhhttttttfurIttttt...) Africa. And Lucy @ ≈ 1M years of age. But then.. her predecesor Ardy: Australopithecu sediba, from wayyy backkk when.... (>> 2M yrs!)

Fossils from South Africa Called Evolutionary 'Game Changer,' Though Not Missing Link - ABC News

S'OK... Christians should go on fervently believing whatever unsupported metaphorical fairytales they choose. IMHO, we should each have our own twisted & distorted ideas to cherish, right? Even if ours [i.e.: scientists'…] are backed by literally centuries of independent studies and reproducible results.

But in the case of an upcoming alien visitation, or at least potential Mexi-Gov-approved proof of a past one, that obviously (and dare I say... "clearly"...???) falls into the Scientifically Credible file, as long as you don't ruffle around in there too deeply.

God Save Us From The Aliens.... "GSUFTA©"
Oh, if I HAD to choose to believe in one or the other I'd go with E.T. 100% of the time.

Old 09-29-2011, 05:45 PM

3,331 posts, read 5,955,630 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LS Jaun View Post
They were so advanced and smart that they went extinct. If they were still around they would have lot more credibility
Just for the record, the Mayans did not go "extinct." They are still there in the Yucatan, Guatamala and Belize, still speak their language, etc. The classic Mayan culture went extinct, not the Mayans themselves.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Unexplained Mysteries and Paranormal