Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Unexplained Mysteries and Paranormal
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-27-2011, 07:36 AM

6,157 posts, read 7,223,297 times

Advertisements

What is interesting is that this involves government officials at the top level in Mexico. Thats like the Secretary of Defense or Vice President of the United States coming forward and saying they are going going to present evidence of alien contact with ancient civilizations. The Mexican government claims it has kept certain information related to 2012 and extraterrestrials secret for 80 years. If something is going to go down on the 2012 date, they might as well tell us.

But here is another link. pretty scare stuff

Mayan Secrets to Be Revealed by Mexican Government in '2012' Doc | Reuters
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-27-2011, 07:37 AM

5,553 posts, read 8,003,946 times
You know guys, I'm suspicious of this one also, but I don't know if I am willing to rule it all out and by this I mean, ruling out the total possibility that there may have been some interaction in the distant past between this earth and beings from elsewhere. I could be totally wrong and with the help of Hollywood and their sometimes comedic interpretations in the past, it's easy to get a chuckle out of the mere thought sometimes. You see, some of us atheists scoff at theists for having the arrogance to think that the universe revolves around their theology and that the earth is the center of their god's affection and attention. We sometimes mock their notion that everything and anything that happens in this vast universe happens here and here only on this speck of h20 and land. Supposedly we alone have the ONLY level of intelligent life and it exists nowhere else. Only we can hop over to neighboring astral bodies in our spaceships and satellites and peep into bedrooms of those neighbors. Could it be that we're not the only game in town? Could it be that there are other thingees out there peering at us, knowing about us, wanting to visit us or may have visited us?

By the way, this does not even remotely suggest I am entertaining anybody's gods, however, if there ever was such a thing and whoever or whatever they may have been were far more advanced than out ancestors, as primitive as they were in some places, would they have considered them "gods???"

Old 09-27-2011, 07:39 AM

23,173 posts, read 26,194,030 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by gsoboi78 View Post
What is interesting is that this involves government officials at the top level in Mexico. Thats like the Secretary of Defense or Vice President of the United States coming forward and saying
The minister of tourism is equivalent to the VP or Sec of Defense????
oh....kay.

Old 09-27-2011, 07:51 AM

6,157 posts, read 7,223,297 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by old_cold View Post
The minister of tourism is equivalent to the VP or Sec of Defense????
oh....kay.
no but but high government officials are involved in this project and are revealing information for the documentary.

Old 09-27-2011, 07:54 AM

Quote:
no but but high government officials are involved in this project and are revealing information for the documentary.
Names, official capacity?
Until the documentary comes out, do you know WHAT the referred to documents, etc actually are?
I suggest it may be prudent not to get any hopes up too soon.

Old 09-27-2011, 09:26 AM

1,743 posts, read 2,159,685 times
Quote:
Here is a drawing from hundreds of years ago in Asia. The drawing tells the story of a vessel coming down from the sky and landing. Its very interesting that its shaped like a modern day flying disk

http://alien-ufo-research.com/images...aintingufo.jpg
Actually that drawing is from a collection of Japanese tabloid-like texts from the 1800's. The vessel (referred to in the texts as utsuro bune "hollow ship", wasn't observed coming down from the skies but was found washed up on the seashore, accompanied by a strange red-haired woman wearing unusual clothes and speaking an unknown language.

Old 09-27-2011, 09:49 AM

5,421 posts, read 6,503,624 times
I have big doubts that the Mexican government holds any important secrets about the nature of life on earth.

I think this is all a cynical tourism effort, and somebody is trying to sell tickets to his movie.

That said, I agree with Insane, in as much as it is not impossible that there is other life in the universe, and it is not impossible that other life at one time visted earth. I see no evidence for it, but it's not impossible.

Old 09-27-2011, 09:52 AM

If given only one of two options, I would pick the extra-terrestrial tale over that of the Christian God.

Old 09-27-2011, 09:55 AM

3,423 posts, read 3,214,065 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by old_cold View Post
I have no idea who is responsible for what in these countries but even if I was eagerly awaiting the release, which I'm not,this would temper any excitement a bit.

"Luis Augusto Garcia Rosado, the minister of tourism for the Mexican state of Campeche..............
Guatemala’s minister of tourism, Guillermo Novielli Quezada, said his country is working with the filmmakers"

Mayan Documentary Will Show Evidence of Alien Contact, Says Mexico (Exclusive) | The Wrap Movies
How much are the filmmakers paying them?

Old 09-27-2011, 10:01 AM

13,621 posts, read 12,730,207 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by InsaneInDaMembrane View Post
Mayan film documentary claims proof of aliens - South Florida Sun-Sentinel.com

"Mexico will release codices, artifacts and significant documents with evidence of Mayan and extraterrestrial contact, and all of their information will be corroborated by archaeologists," said Julia-Levy, son of actor Raul Julia.

"The Mexican government is not making this statement on their own -- everything we say, we're going to back it up," he said."

"While the Guatemalan government is not offering information about aliens, it has joined Mexico in supporting the project. "Guatemala, like Mexico, home to the ancient yet advanced Mayan civilization ... has also kept certain provocative archeological discoveries classified, and now believes that it is time to bring forth this information in the new documentary,"

sounds like a really good plan to drum up some much needed tourist dollars

mexico is the epicenter for fake ufos can't wait to see it though... they might even have some old ocotupulan artifacts to show us...well i hope they don't find all the ocotupulan vibrators buried under the temple of the sun
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Unexplained Mysteries and Paranormal