U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Covid-19 Information Page
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Unexplained Mysteries and Paranormal
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-26-2011, 03:37 PM

5,556 posts, read 7,240,663 times

Advertisements

Mayan film documentary claims proof of aliens - South Florida Sun-Sentinel.com

"Mexico will release codices, artifacts and significant documents with evidence of Mayan and extraterrestrial contact, and all of their information will be corroborated by archaeologists," said Julia-Levy, son of actor Raul Julia.

"The Mexican government is not making this statement on their own -- everything we say, we're going to back it up," he said."

"While the Guatemalan government is not offering information about aliens, it has joined Mexico in supporting the project. "Guatemala, like Mexico, home to the ancient yet advanced Mayan civilization ... has also kept certain provocative archeological discoveries classified, and now believes that it is time to bring forth this information in the new documentary,"
Rate this post positively Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-26-2011, 04:11 PM

13,391 posts, read 16,890,417 times
I'm looking forward to the documentary

Old 09-26-2011, 05:07 PM

9,618 posts, read 11,897,727 times
Wink Great Timing! even for the Mayans!

Great timing, Insane! Just when I needed a good laugh! Thx!

(Mayans talking to aliens..... that's too rich! Many MANY thanks, IDtM! Really!!! I'm serious. And wait 'til you see some of the believers' response posts I just KNOW you'll be getting here! I can hardly wait!)

Old 09-26-2011, 05:39 PM

21,124 posts, read 22,060,075 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by rifleman View Post
And wait 'til you see some of the believers' response posts I just KNOW you'll be getting here! I can hardly wait!)

Like mine?
I find the project interesting.
When I say "I don't know" my mind is open to any and all new information and the little I read from the article makes it appear it is a serious project unlike the Noah's Ark 'find'.

Old 09-26-2011, 06:14 PM

9,618 posts, read 11,897,727 times
Default Well, we'll just see about that.... (<smylz>)

OK, OK: I'll give yah a head start, old_cold. But this'd better be good.... Though I did loose a bit of my usual sarcastic "pessimisticality" today... (long story...)

So, old pal; gopherit!

(BTW, I actually do believe in little aliens; even big ones for that matter, though if they are small it'd be a lot easier to pack more of them into a micro-space craft, which would otherwise be mostly jam-full of some sort of exotic fuel, which in turn would take up most of the available and precious cargo space. Which, finally, would not leave much spare room for Cheerios and milk!

(Which is, finally, why they'd want to invade us at all. It sure wasn't for our coal resources! First we had to invent and perfect Cheerios, the chocolate or the cinnamon types, most likely. Don't you see the logic of it all now?)

Old 09-26-2011, 10:17 PM

13,145 posts, read 20,415,768 times
Are these the same Mexicans that gave us "proof" of witches flying around on broomsticks?

Flying Humanoid UFO in Mexico - YouTube

Old 09-27-2011, 03:17 AM

48,658 posts, read 14,614,036 times
"Mexico will release codices, artifacts and significant documents with evidence of Mayan and extraterrestrial contact, and all of their information will be corroborated by archaeologists," said Julia-Levy, son of actor Raul Julia."

I like the way it says 'Mexico' as implying that this was official release of studies, peer reviewed and analyzed documents after some years of cogitation. And announced by some actor's son, rather than their head of education, for some reason.

I just hope it won't be the carving of Pacal II of Palenque flying his space - ship.

Old 09-27-2011, 04:19 AM

21,124 posts, read 22,060,075 times
I have no idea who is responsible for what in these countries but even if I was eagerly awaiting the release, which I'm not,this would temper any excitement a bit.

"Luis Augusto Garcia Rosado, the minister of tourism for the Mexican state of Campeche..............
Guatemala’s minister of tourism, Guillermo Novielli Quezada, said his country is working with the filmmakers"

Mayan Documentary Will Show Evidence of Alien Contact, Says Mexico (Exclusive) | The Wrap Movies

Old 09-27-2011, 08:04 AM

5,435 posts, read 5,386,033 times
understand that all ancient civilizations speak of beings coming from the skies

here are ancient cave paintings in Australia which depict beings with big heads and big black eyes. They look identical to the modern description of grey aliens.

http://wwwo.mobovivo.com/Resources/P...dshaws_320.jpg

Here is a drawing from hundreds of years ago in Asia. The drawing tells the story of a vessel coming down from the sky and landing. Its very interesting that its shaped like a modern day flying disk

http://alien-ufo-research.com/images...aintingufo.jpg

Old 09-27-2011, 08:06 AM

48,658 posts, read 14,614,036 times
"Augusto Garcia Rosado, the minister of tourism for the Mexican state of Campeche, said new evidence has emerged "of contact between the Mayans and extraterrestrials, supported by translations of certain codices, which the government has kept secure in underground vaults for some time."...

He also spoke, in a phone conversation, of "landing pads in the jungle that are 3,000 years old."....
And yes, they expect people to take this seriously, because the messages he plans to impart are crucial to human survival,... Julia-Levy insisted."Guatemala, like Mexico, home to the ancient yet advanced Mayan civilization … has also kept certain provocative archeological discoveries classified, and now believes that it is time to bring forth this information in the new documentary," Guatemala's minister of tourism, Guillermo Novielli Quezada, said in a statement
."

Landing pads are easy to find with a bit of imagination. The extraordinary claim with the ramrod of Dire Warnings about our survival shoved up its butt to make it stand upright is not unfamiliar in the nut- cult fringe.

Ok, we all love new ideas and this is all rather fun. At the same time, this is tossing out a bit of a challenge 'You orthodox historians had it all wrong'.

If their claims are made to look foolish, then they deserve all they get. I have little sympathy with nut cult tourism exploitation.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Unexplained Mysteries and Paranormal