U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Unexplained Mysteries and Paranormal
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 10-01-2011, 11:42 PM

13,620 posts, read 11,647,011 times

Advertisements

it's amazing what one person can do if you live and breath it..

Mystery At Coral Castle - YouTube

the inca lived and breathed stone no aliens needed.. but i do believe that other inteligent life forms exist,, the universe is huge and i doubt that we are the only intelligent life forms in all of the universe or universes..

Sacsayhuaman - YouTube
Rate this post positively Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-02-2011, 12:10 AM

32,005 posts, read 33,603,858 times
Another example of what one man can do...

Man Moves Huge Blocks! - YouTube

Old 10-02-2011, 12:39 AM

2,505 posts, read 2,118,286 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sanspeur View Post
You have a problem with the word believe? The very word you so tenaciously hang on to? I don't think it would matter what proof you were shown, you would continue to believe what you WANT to.
Wrong. I am very logical when I am show proof. However, if that proof can be read in several ways resulting in several results, it really isn't proof of much, is it.

Quote:
Why don't you try reading the entire article? NOVA | Who Built the Pyramids?
I did read it.

Old 10-02-2011, 12:42 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by whoppers View Post
Funny how reasearching something that seems magical will soon (with patient and competent research) reveal the very human quality of many things. The pyramids, the Bible, the Sunday Comics...

And sometimes researching something magical will bring about knowledge and wisdom of how it actually works(ed)

Old 10-02-2011, 01:23 AM

11,798 posts, read 23,043,093 times
Well then, you should place "magic" in quotation marks.

Old 10-02-2011, 01:25 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by raison_d'etre View Post
And sometimes researching something magical will bring about knowledge and wisdom of how it actually works(ed)
That's right, as Marl Lehner discovered during his on site research in Egypt, but I think you should have used the phrase "something that seems magical"... There is nothing magical about the hard work it took to build the pyramids... To attribute it to magic or aliens, belittles the accomplishments of the people who actually built those great monuments.

Old 10-02-2011, 01:51 AM

Quote:
That's right, as Marl Lehner discovered during his on site research in Egypt, but I think you should have used the phrase "something that seems magical"... There is nothing magical about the hard work it took to build the pyramids... To attribute it to magic or aliens, belittles the accomplishments of the people who actually built those great monuments.
I don't doubt that humans had a hand in building the greatest monuments we have today. But, I am not 100 % sold on the belief that they did this with primitive tools. I think there is a possibility, no matter how remote, that something or someone helped them do this.

Old 10-02-2011, 02:00 AM

Quote:
I don't doubt that humans had a hand in building the greatest monuments we have today. But, I am not 100 % sold on the belief that they did this with primitive tools. I think there is a possibility, no matter how remote, that something or someone helped them do this.
Of course you do, completely ignoring the fact that the work is being duplicated today with hand tools.

Old 10-02-2011, 06:09 AM

48,728 posts, read 14,644,390 times
Quote:
As is the case with every theist and cultist reasoning, a possibility remote or not too remote, is no a logical reason to believe.

Now a I can understand doubts that stone cutting without machine tools is impossible or shifting huge blocks without cranes and doubts are permissible. But that is not evidence. Jumping to conclusions based on doubtful evidence or simply lack of evidence is why science sneers at cult think and its pretensions to scientific validity and cult and theism sneers at science and its apparent refusal to think outside the box.

However, it was said earlier on that there is evidence that men did this work and the tool marks indicate that it was done with the tools of the time.

This site is worth looking at.

Extreme Egyptian Masonry.

I guess it can be interpreted two ways - that it was not so hard as we think to saw blocks of pyramid stone or that they had to use power saws to be able to stop and start again.

Last edited by TRANSPONDER; 10-02-2011 at 06:17 AM..

Old 10-02-2011, 06:23 AM

48,728 posts, read 14,644,390 times
Quote:
Of course you do, completely ignoring the fact that the work is being duplicated today with hand tools.
It also ignores the fact that the very hard Nephrite Jade was worked in Mesoamerica and China without power tools and they actually didn't have power tools in Ptolemaic Egypt where the hardest diorite was worked and polished to mirror finish.

There is room to look at Davidovits' moulded limestone blocks, though that doesn't help with the granite blocks, but there is a tendency to be selective about the evidence - or rather the unexplained questions - and that's what's wrong with this sort of cult -reasoning. It takes a possibility and turns it into a belief.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Unexplained Mysteries and Paranormal