Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Unexplained Mysteries and Paranormal
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-29-2011, 09:11 AM

16,294 posts, read 28,472,289 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by gabfest View Post
Predictable^. Same ole rubber stamp to anything that does not highlight evolution and it's supposed 'epitomized' prize.
Same willful ignorance of "I saw it on the internet or TV, it must be true"
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-29-2011, 09:13 AM

6,222 posts, read 3,997,745 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Asheville Native View Post
Same willful ignorance of "I saw it on the internet or TV, it must be true"
Anything that does not agree with your world-view is willful ignorance in your view- we get it.

Old 09-29-2011, 09:28 AM

23,165 posts, read 26,122,269 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Asheville Native View Post
Entertainment for the gullible. Enhanced for to increase ratings which in turn brings in $$$. Sensationalism sells, it's a business.
Seems to me there are a few on this thread that aren't quite as close-minded as you but have posted long enough to show they (including me) are far from gullible

Old 09-29-2011, 10:38 AM

2,505 posts, read 2,321,223 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by whoppers View Post
Reminds me of my trip to the Goodwill Bookstore the other day - someone had filed a book on how Sumerian religious influences have been secretly controlling the entire world up until this very day... in the History section! At first, I was excited to see a book on Sumer - until I read the back cover, and perused the contents. Sigh.
Religion did happen in the past... It is a part of history. There are plenty of history books that show the chain of events from one point to modern times. History doesn't stop moving, by the time you have read this, it will be a part of history.

I don't see how finding a Sumerian religious/history book in the history section is such a big deal?

Old 09-29-2011, 11:05 AM

13,139 posts, read 22,763,198 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by raison_d'etre View Post
In know you think this should be in the history section. However, it applies to religion as it would prove many religions wrong. We would have to rethink almost everything scientifically, and religiously. This is from watching the History channel show Ancient Aliens.

What do you think about the concept of ancient astronauts(aliens) visiting earth and shaping the world as we know today? For more info on this subject look up Ancient aliens or ancient astronauts.
The folks in the history forum would (and have) get all uppity about this subject, because it most definitely ISN'T history.

Anyway, that show is about the stupidest, more poorly done and fact twisting piece of docutainment I've had the displeasure of sitting through. It's SO stupid!!!!!!

But if we did encounter indisputable proof on the subject, science would eventually accept it, and the new information would be used to help us understand the world and our place in it, just like any other discovery.

Old 09-29-2011, 12:02 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by gabfest View Post
Anything that does not agree with your world-view is willful ignorance in your view- we get it.
No you don't 'getit' for you obviously believe all the tripe you see on TV or read on the internet.

Old 09-29-2011, 12:04 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by old_cold View Post
Seems to me there are a few on this thread that aren't quite as close-minded as you but have posted long enough to show they (including me) are far from gullible
My mind is wide open to facts, but the source has to be credible. A for profit TV production company or anonymous people on the internet ain't credible.

Old 09-29-2011, 12:28 PM

4,530 posts, read 5,127,120 times
It's total bull. Trolls and wizards however are real. Prove to me there not!!!!

Last edited by mikebnllnb; 09-29-2011 at 01:10 PM..

Old 09-29-2011, 12:51 PM

5,553 posts, read 7,988,776 times
Let me add (in my defense) that the show is laughable in WHAT it presents as plausible. What (I believe) they are toying around with (and doing a horrible job with) is a POSSIBLE premise of something that might have happend in some distant past. I also realize that we on the cusp of 2012 and the whole Mayan "prophecy" is making big news and that news will get bigger. It stands to reason that shows such as these will milk the story for all its worth so this must be considered.

Old 09-29-2011, 12:59 PM

5,553 posts, read 7,988,776 times
Oh, also, the term "ancient astronaut" seems like misnomer and it gives this idea that beings from other places were flying around in 27th century space ships, zipping in and out of the earth. The idea that the 27th century CE could have been happening in the 21st century BCE upsets our natural inclination to believe we are the pinnacle (so far) of all that came before us and nothing before us could have ever been better than us or more advanced than us.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Unexplained Mysteries and Paranormal