Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Unexplained Mysteries and Paranormal
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-30-2011, 01:52 AM

2,505 posts, read 2,326,190 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by whoppers View Post
We don't want MORE evidence - we just want evidence.
You can't provide MORE of something that does not exist.

Or do I have the definition of 'evidence' all messed up?
Sorry, I didn't mean to use the word "more". Not sure how much of this I believe, It's more of a fun theory/notion to play around with. I have my own personal theories about this stuff as well.

To buy into the conspiracy stuff for a moment. It does make sense to cover up such "proof" it is exists. If these guys were right in any way, we would have to go back to the drawing board on almost everything. It would change education, religion, politics, history, science, etc. It would be chaos in a way. The smart thing would be to hide it, leave things the way they are and slowly integrate it into the public knowledge.

Conspiracy switch: off...
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-30-2011, 01:56 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fullback32 View Post
While i believe it to be certainly possible that alien civilizations did visit the earth, I have not seen any evidence to say, "yep, that's what happened." All evidence presented so far has been interpretations of ancient sculptures/drawings and conjecture concerning the building of certain monuments. Until I see something that definitively shows the interference of advanced alien civilizations, I prefer to remain of the opinion that the civilizations themselves built those monuments and the alien interpretations are interpretations based on what certain people want to see. Personally, I think the alien theories are not theories at all, but rather incredible conjecture that is a slap in the face to the ingenuity of the human species.
Still you have to admit that even today we don't have equipment that could build such monuments. To life a 200-2000 ton slab of stone as high as some have, is an amazing task, one we can't do in some cases. For a modern crane to lift such weight would need an even bigger counter weight. And to move such heavy stones up to 200+ miles across uneven terrain, again is a difficult task even today.

Old 09-30-2011, 02:55 AM

33,536 posts, read 37,136,097 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by raison_d'etre View Post
Still you have to admit that even today we don't have equipment that could build such monuments. To life a 200-2000 ton slab of stone as high as some have, is an amazing task, one we can't do in some cases. For a modern crane to lift such weight would need an even bigger counter weight. And to move such heavy stones up to 200+ miles across uneven terrain, again is a difficult task even today.
You are badly misinformed...The blocks forming the pyramids weighed 2 1/2 tons on average. There is no doubt that these can be moved and lifted using hand tools, muscle power and a little ingenuity.

Below is one possible method...

How The higher courses of the pyramids may have been built - YouTube

Another...

Pyramids p:2 one of many ideas how they were built. - YouTube

This is the method that I think was used... Dr R H G Parry has suggested a method for rolling the stones, using a cradle-like machine that had been excavated in various new kingdom temples. Four of those objects could be fitted around a block so it could be rolled easily. Experiments done by the Obayashi Corporation, with concrete blocks 0.8 m square by 1.6 m long and weighing 2.5 tons, showed how 18 men could drag the block over a 1-in-4 incline ramp, at a rate of 18 meters per minute. Egyptian pyramid construction techniques - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Old 09-30-2011, 05:42 AM

50,088 posts, read 20,712,695 times
Quote:
Sorry, I didn't mean to use the word "more". Not sure how much of this I believe, It's more of a fun theory/notion to play around with. I have my own personal theories about this stuff as well.

To buy into the conspiracy stuff for a moment. It does make sense to cover up such "proof" it is exists. If these guys were right in any way, we would have to go back to the drawing board on almost everything. It would change education, religion, politics, history, science, etc. It would be chaos in a way. The smart thing would be to hide it, leave things the way they are and slowly integrate it into the public knowledge.

Conspiracy switch: off...
That's an undisprovable theory, but it does smack of coming up with an excuse for the lack of evidence for this ancient astronaut's stuff. Just as it is used to excuse the lack of sound evidence in Theism, alternative science and cults. Which this is. In fact the official reaction to Daniken was disinterest rather than suppression.

As to the blocks, there is an Egyptian wall painting or sculpture (I admit I only saw a drawn copy in an Egyptology book) of a line of workers dragging along a huge statue on rollers urged on by an overseer. That together with team marks on blocks and the ropes for hauling them having been found should put the weight on the pyramids being made by bronze age men without alien technology.

Old 09-30-2011, 06:10 AM

6,822 posts, read 6,633,481 times
These Ancient "aliens" are being touted off as an "evolved" species that genetically engineered us (many implying ~ time of legend of "Atlantis/Zechariah Sitchen claims Genesis 6 account = ~ same time). These "aliens" behavior parallels demonic activity. The most noted mechanism of communication is telepathy which is exactly the mechanism occultist use to connect to these spirits. New Agers are evidently talking to our space brother / ascended masters (same thing as Ancient Aliens), and how they are going to help us "evolve" to the next state of "evolution" which would be like them. Which of course is the lie which initiated the fall of man at the Garden of Eden.

The root of this whole lie is that we are somehow evolving. Of course what we observe is that things aren't evolving they are devolving. Genes lose information not gain it. Anyways this well propagated lie has deceived hundreds of thousands and the majority of the world is prophesied to take the bait hook line and sink.

It is prophesied in the scriptures we will have a unity among mankind led by a world leader commonly called the Anti-christ that every one LOVES. (<he doesn't come with two horns) How could the WORLD ever unite?

the former President of the U.S.

ht
tp://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ag44dRO8LEA

How would the world react if E.T. phoned home? How would people react to those that call them demons? Our years of brainwashing in the media and film industry have successfully deceived us into believing that these must be benevolent beings.

Do benevolent beings perform sexual experiments on you? Are all these cases false?

Watch this series

Aliens or Demons Chuck Missler 1/12 - YouTube

I think it's clear these "Aliens" look to be used as God's judgement on a world rejecting his annointed/Messiah Jesus as the only way to God on a politicized enforced political scale.

2 Thessalonians 2

7For the mystery of iniquity doth already work: only he who now restrains will restrain, until he be taken out of the way.

8And then shall that Wicked be revealed, whom the Lord shall consume with the spirit of his mouth, and shall destroy with the brightness of his coming:

9Even him, whose coming is after the working of Satan with all power and signs and lying wonders,

10And with all deceivableness of unrighteousness in them that perish; because they received not the love of the truth, that they might be saved.

11And for this cause God shall send them strong delusion, that they should believe a lie:

12That they all might be damned who believed not the truth, but had pleasure in unrighteousness.

Old 09-30-2011, 06:34 AM

3,483 posts, read 4,044,527 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by lee9786 View Post

Do benevolent beings perform sexual experiments on you? Are all these cases false?
I dunno - ask the Virgin Mary how she conceived....
Surely, the impregnation of a human by a supernatural divine being was, in the long run, a benevolent act?

Old 09-30-2011, 07:06 AM

5,553 posts, read 8,003,260 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mircea View Post
Evolution is fine, right to about 500,000 years ago and then it breaks down. Everything from that point on is totally contrary to the theory of evolution.

I would suggest that as a possibility, but I'm afraid that not one, but rather two Nobel Prize winning scientists, namely Watson and Crick who discovered DNA, already presented that as a theory.

I'll just tell you the story of the two Nobel Prize winning scientists who discovered DNA and what they had to say instead.

Watson and Crick (who discovered DNA and studied it) both came to the same conclusion, that life did not originate on Earth. However, both men came to that conclusion for different reasons.

Watson reasoned that life began way too early on Earth. In other words, in order for life ot form when it did, it had to already be in an advanced state such as a protocellular or single-cellular organism. There were many other reasons, but that was the central thrust of his argument.

Crick concluded that life could not have originated on Earth because life contained metals and non-metallic minerals that exist on Earth only in trace amounts or which are inaccessible. Accordingly, Crick believed that life had to have originated on planet were those metals were in abundance in more than mere trace amounts or were readily accessible.

Nickel and iron would be both readily accessible and in fair abundance for life. Nickel and iron could be accessed in the ocean floor near vents where magma welled out.

However, molybdenum and zinc are problems. Molybdenum exist only trace amounts and zinc is inaccessible. There are also many non-metallic minerals that are inaccessible, because they are locked deep in the crust or deep in the mantle.

They presented two theories, General Panspermia and Directed Panspermia. Under General Panspermia, life could have come to Earth on a small meteor, perhaps from our Solar System, perhaps from another.

In Directed Panspermia, extra-terrestrials seeded Earth intentionally.

Do G-Class Stars support life? This one does. It surely does. Our own Sun is a G-Class Star. Within 50 Light Years of Earth there are more than 1,000 G-Class Stars.

Logic, reason and common sense dictate that if you want to search for extra-terrestrial life, then you need to be looking at G-Class Stars, since you already know for a fact that G-Class Stars can support life. To date, no one has bothered to do that.

An advanced civilization in a G-Class solar system could have sent probes to other G-Class solar systems. The probes would immediate look for the terrestrial planets and then assess which ones (if any) have the necessary atmosphere and water content to support life, then launch several drones to the surface, perhaps containing different types of life in the hopes that one will take root and flourish.

I don't know how s/he would respond, but I'd tell you that human evolution is contrary to the theory itself. Humans completely defy evolution and evolve 3-4 times in the space of a few hundred thousand years. that's absurd.

Then there's the Neanderthal problem. Without a direct lineage, we're supposed to believe that Neanderthals and Homo Sapiens had parallel evolutions where they just happened to have a mutation that activates the FOXP2 gene so both have speech ability. That's extraordinary.

Then there's all the other hominids that they're afraid to classify, since that would make human evolution look really silly.

Human evolution works fine up to Homo Erectus. Still, some people are fascinated by the fact that Sumerian cosmogony puts the "creation of man" right at the exact time Neanderthals and Homo Sapiens appear.

The universe is at least 14.5 Billion years old. It could be 40 Billion years old for all we know.

I would suggest the answer lies with G-Class Stars. Not only are G-Class Stars capable of supporting life, but they also have the necessary set of conditions/pre-conditions to create life.

Why do the Big Brains refuse to crank the Hubble around and start staring at G-Class Stars? I don't know, you'll have to ask them. I suppose they find black holes and quasars and neutron stars and Blue Giants much more interesting, perhaps because if a cataclysmic event should arise that would destroy life on Earth, we can all go live on a black hole or neutron star, or maybe they are shaking with fear at what they might find.

You mean stuff like this:

Yeah, that just makes them shake and tremble with fear. Fastest way to clear out a room full of archaeologists and anthropologists is to show them this. They'll be moving like their ass is on fire and their hair's a-catching.

This is archaeological taboo. Not allowed to discuss. If you ignore it, it will go away and everything will be peachy.

That's the Cosmic Egg, flanked by the Sun (left) and Moon (right). The 5 "stars" at the top arranged in a cross are Jupiter, Saturn, Uranus, Neptune and Pluto. The 4 "stars" at the bottom in a cross-of-different-sorts is Mercury, Venus, Earth and Mars.

That single "star" that looks like it is orbiting the Cosmic Egg, that's the Planet of Millions of Years, aka the 12th Planet or Nibiru as the Sumerians called it.

So, um, if the Sumerians ceased to exist by 2100 BCE and no one had contact with Meso-America until the Spaniards arrived, then how on Earth could the Incas possibly know how the Sumerians viewed our Solar System?

And why would the Incas use the number 7 to refer to Earth just like the Sumerians did?

And why would anyone in the right mind refer to Earth as "7" when it is clearly the 3rd Planet from the Sun?

Well, the 3rd Planet is an incredibly Earth-centric viewpoint. Someone not from this Solar System would see Pluto as the 1st Planet, Neptune as the 2nd Planet, Uranus as the 3rd Planet, Saturn as the 4th Planet, Jupiter as the 5th Planet, Mars as the 6th Planet (and then always consistently depict Mars as a 6-pointed star), Earth as the 7th Planet, and finally Venus as the 8th Planet (and then rather astonishingly, always depict Venus as an 8-pointed star).

Such the are mysteries of life.
Mircea, where can I see an the actual carving, painting, relief of that picture? Which civilization provided it and how were those interpretations of it determined? Just curious.

Old 09-30-2011, 08:30 AM

3,331 posts, read 5,955,630 times
Quote:
Well sanspeur already addressed this, so no need to belabor the issue. I will only add the a lot of the ancient knowledge was lost. With the destruction of the great houses of knowledge such as the Library of Alexandria, we don't know exactly what they knew.

Old 09-30-2011, 09:21 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by sanspeur View Post
You are badly misinformed...The blocks forming the pyramids weighed 2 1/2 tons on average. There is no doubt that these can be moved and lifted using hand tools, muscle power and a little ingenuity.

Below is one possible method...

How The higher courses of the pyramids may have been built - YouTube

Another...

Pyramids p:2 one of many ideas how they were built. - YouTube

This is the method that I think was used... Dr R H G Parry has suggested a method for rolling the stones, using a cradle-like machine that had been excavated in various new kingdom temples. Four of those objects could be fitted around a block so it could be rolled easily. Experiments done by the Obayashi Corporation, with concrete blocks 0.8 m square by 1.6 m long and weighing 2.5 tons, showed how 18 men could drag the block over a 1-in-4 incline ramp, at a rate of 18 meters per minute. Egyptian pyramid construction techniques - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
I hate to break it to to you, but there are other archeological sites that have stones that are bigger than 2.5 tons. Some weighing 200, 800, and even 1000 tons. All which were lifted to over 10 feet.

Old 09-30-2011, 09:26 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by AREQUIPA View Post
That's an undisprovable theory, but it does smack of coming up with an excuse for the lack of evidence for this ancient astronaut's stuff. Just as it is used to excuse the lack of sound evidence in Theism, alternative science and cults. Which this is. In fact the official reaction to Daniken was disinterest rather than suppression.

As to the blocks, there is an Egyptian wall painting or sculpture (I admit I only saw a drawn copy in an Egyptology book) of a line of workers dragging along a huge statue on rollers urged on by an overseer. That together with team marks on blocks and the ropes for hauling them having been found should put the weight on the pyramids being made by bronze age men without alien technology.
This isn't a religion, it is a pseudoscience. pseudo-archeology to be exact. So,no not a religion. Do you have proof of your claim on Daniken?

And you do realize that the pyramids do not have the largest stones on ancient sites?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Unexplained Mysteries and Paranormal