Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Unexplained Mysteries and Paranormal
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-02-2011, 03:14 PM

11,798 posts, read 25,175,776 times

Advertisements

This thread reminds me of the TV show The Mentalist. What appears to be ESP may well be a sensitive reading of another person's expressions, eye movements, posture, etc.

I third those emoticons!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-02-2011, 05:54 PM

1,738 posts, read 2,077,141 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by dnvrsoul View Post
I decided I have to ask this question to my fellow christians.

I have a friend ( no it's not me, it's really a friend). Anyway, I believe she has ESP-not like in the movies where people are predicting the end of the world but she will say things in the middle of a conversation like "you should call your grandmother." Or your cousin's dog is sick. When she told me to call my grandmother we weren't even talking about my grandmother-so I called her. She was being rushed to the hospital-When my friend told me my cousin's dog is sick, I asked my cousin about her dog, she didn't say anything but her dog passed away less than a month later. My cousin told me yes her dog was sick and she didn't want to worry me...I asked my friend if she has ESP and she told me "no I get a weird feeling in my stomach." So...does anyone believe in ESP? Or could someone give me an explaination why god would give someone this gift? It kind of gives me the creeps..
I have those flashes too, sometimes it really freaks people out. *shrug* I certainly don't see it as evil.

Old 12-02-2011, 07:18 PM

88,515 posts, read 84,688,123 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by pamelaBeurman View Post
Why does it have to be a "gift" from a higher power? Why can't it just be someone's particular talent?

Some are "gifted" athletes, artists, doctors, lawyers, teachers..........why can't others be "gifted" sensitives?

Personally, I think it has far more to do with a persons brain than with their beliefs.
Some people believe it's something we all have, just more developed in some than others. Not necessarily an otherworldly thing, just another aspect of humanity.

Old 12-02-2011, 07:19 PM

88,515 posts, read 84,688,123 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by faeryedark View Post
I have those flashes too, sometimes it really freaks people out. *shrug* I certainly don't see it as evil.
I do, too. Always have. Evil, lol. It's just receiving information.

Old 12-02-2011, 08:03 PM

16,077 posts, read 28,545,163 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by dnvrsoul View Post
I can understand-I'm a psychology major and I can"read" people. But she honestly has ESP-plus I talk to her on the phone-and she has done this a lot-
You could be a sensitive, although the psychology certainly helps.

How Being A Sensitive Can Affect Your Life

Old 12-03-2011, 08:47 AM

15,706 posts, read 11,767,786 times
I've always wondered about this too. I've taken a class on parapsychology (psychokinesis, telepathy, clairvoyance, etc.) and it's hard to lay any solid claims to how true it is.

However, I've experienced things that one could call ESP-esque. For example, I used to play an online game with a friend. We communicated through chat, so it was instant response back and forth. Obviously there is no visual/body clues through the computer. It was a bit uncanny the amount of times that he would be typing something, hit enter to send the message to me, and I would hit enter at the same time, with the exact same sentence he just wrote. I had no control over it, because I couldn't consciously know what he was typing, but it was kinda creepy how often that happened.

I also sometimes wonder if I'm empathic. I can feel people's emotions, I'm hyper-sensitive, highly intuitive (usually, doesn't always work), emotional etc.

I guess we could ask ourselves, why these types of abilities aren't more apparent and common. Is it God's way of hiding the supernatural so people rely on faith, or is that people may abuse having supernatural abilities?

Old 12-03-2011, 08:51 AM

2,332 posts, read 2,838,689 times
So which way did Rick Perry troll the internet?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Unexplained Mysteries and Paranormal