Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Unexplained Mysteries and Paranormal
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-06-2012, 10:25 AM

114,841 posts, read 65,496,546 times

Advertisements

Marijuana use is rampant in California! I caught this one about a week ago....

Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-06-2012, 10:36 AM

4,486 posts, read 5,205,169 times
When will people learn ?

You simply CANNOT leave your vehicles unlocked with the keys in the ignition. No wonder the OP can't find it. Wouldn't be surprised if it was in a chop shop somewhere.

Old 01-06-2012, 11:23 AM

44,548 posts, read 61,249,428 times
I do I do, every night about 3 am I see this big black rectangle configuration, I then get up and walk over to this smaller darkened room with a night light and go pee, then I walk back into this big black room again and lay on the bed and go back to sleep. Eeerie huh...

Old 01-06-2012, 12:39 PM

16,887 posts, read 16,007,807 times
It looks to me like most of you do not believe that these things exist.
My wife and I were outside, here where we live, just during the last 2 years - less than 2 years, I believe - and we watched it fly over our location, not all that high up, either.
We've never seen anything like it. It was large, it was silent. It was an X shape...I don't think it was more than 2 miles high at most. It was amazing. It was still light out....late afternoon....perhaps 15 minutes before sundown. It wasn't a fleeting glimpse - we watched it as it approached above and we continues to watch it as it left, flying from the north-northeast to the south-southeast.

Smoking stuff and/or drinking a couple of beers does not make people see this. It is very real.

Old 01-06-2012, 01:19 PM

1,978 posts, read 4,390,257 times
Also, I think some people on here have either got the wrong impression or are trying to convey the wrong impression about the picture I supplied. The picture I supplied is not "evidence" of anything. I'm not trying to convince anybody of anything based on the picture. I created a picture using microsoft paint so I could render the shape and appearance of the UFO to the best of my recollection. I supplied the picture, rather than just a complicated physical description so I could find people who had seen something similar.

Rainroosty, I appreciate your serious and fair response to this, and the fact that you did not pollute my thread with the same condescending attitude that some of the other posters have shown.

When you say it was an "X" shape, you mean the lighting structure, right?

Old 01-06-2012, 02:02 PM

8,746 posts, read 8,993,807 times
I certainly take this stuff seriously. I used to be very skeptical of these sightings but over the years I have simply seen and heard too many credible sightings to discount it. For example, there was a sighting of a large triangular shaped UFO at Stephenville, Texas, about 80 miles from here several years ago. Something like 20 people saw that thing, including the city's sheriff! Many of the folks that saw it were interviewed on a local TV station here in Abilene, Texas and those folks were quite lucid and were not intoxicated at the time of the sightings according to the sheriff. Two U.S. air force fighters were also spotted chasing the craft but the Air Force denied that the fighters were there. The UFO was identical to the one that was reported by hundreds of eye witnesses hovering over Phoenix Arizona several years ago. Even the governor of Arizona finally admitted that he saw that one! Larry King had him as a guest on his show on CNN one night and he talked about it what he saw, which was identical to the other eye witness reports.

Anyway, there have been some sightings of mysterious "lights" in the sky here in the immediate Abilene area, as recently as a year ago or so. I didn't see them personally but a local TV photographer filmed them and I saw them on TV and the lights appeared to be in a semi triangular pattern (V-pattern). The lights appeared to be fairly large but there was no sound and they were moving very slowly across the sky. The photgrapher said that the V pattern of lights appeared to be about a mile wide or so. As far as I know, nobody has reported a UFO exactly like the one you illustrated on the previous page in this area.

Old 01-06-2012, 06:26 PM

34,254 posts, read 20,463,874 times
I joke around, but I actually do believe in UFO's. Always have. My uncle saw one when he was in the army back in 1955 or so. I myself have seen something out in the country side of western Oklahoma.

Old 01-06-2012, 06:36 PM

31,304 posts, read 32,761,763 times
I’d have to say that this universe is too large not to have intelligent life out there somewhere, it surely is lacking here on Earth at times. My guess is that they come here to visit from time to time and are worried with who and what they find. Just think if you were an alien and went inside a Walmart store. Or if an alien could listen to our radio stations and hear about the candidates running for office. That's plan scary!

Old 01-06-2012, 07:24 PM

7,371 posts, read 6,813,002 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by AksarbeN View Post
I’d have to say that this universe is too large not to have intelligent life out there somewhere, it surely is lacking here on Earth at times. My guess is that they come here to visit from time to time and are worried with who and what they find. Just think if you were an alien and went inside a Walmart store. Or if an alien could listen to our radio stations and hear about the candidates running for office. That's plan scary!
It's true. If they are looking for quality residents, they would surely be turning some of us back.

Old 01-06-2012, 07:31 PM

31,304 posts, read 32,761,763 times
^^ Most of us on earth can’t live with our neighbors much less deal with an alien next door or flying overhead.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Unexplained Mysteries and Paranormal