Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Unexplained Mysteries and Paranormal
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 01-08-2012, 10:24 AM

6,822 posts, read 6,599,419 times

Advertisements

Didn't quote scripture at all. Instructed his listeners that "Mother Mary" would play a central role in the second coming of Jesus. All "Idolaters", the "wicked", etc would be dealt with.

Matthew 24

"3And as he sat upon the mount of Olives, the disciples came unto him privately, saying, Tell us, when shall these things be? and what shall be the sign of thy coming, and of the end of the world?

4And Jesus answered and said unto them, Take heed that no man deceive you.

5For many shall come in my name, saying, I am Christ; and shall deceive many.

6And ye shall hear of wars and rumours of wars: see that ye be not troubled: for all these things must come to pass, but the end is not yet.

7For nation shall rise against nation, and kingdom against kingdom: and there shall be famines, and pestilences, and earthquakes, in divers places.

8All these are the beginning of sorrows.

9Then shall they deliver you up to be afflicted, and shall kill you: and ye shall be hated of all nations for my name's sake.

10And then shall many be offended, and shall betray one another, and shall hate one another.

11And many false prophets shall rise, and shall deceive many.

12And because iniquity shall abound, the love of many shall wax cold.

13But he that shall endure unto the end, the same shall be saved.

14And this gospel of the kingdom shall be preached in all the world for a witness unto all nations; and then shall the end come."

23Then if any man shall say unto you, Lo, here is Christ, or there; believe it not.

24For there shall arise false Christs, and false prophets, and shall shew great signs and wonders; insomuch that, if it were possible, they shall deceive the very elect.

25Behold, I have told you before.

26Wherefore if they shall say unto you, Behold, he is in the desert; go not forth: behold, he is in the secret chambers; believe it not.

27For as the lightning cometh out of the east, and shineth even unto the west; so shall also the coming of the Son of man be.

28For wheresoever the carcase is, there will the eagles be gathered together.

29Immediately after the tribulation of those days shall the sun be darkened, and the moon shall not give her light, and the stars shall fall from heaven, and the powers of the heavens shall be shaken:

30And then shall appear the sign of the Son of man in heaven: and then shall all the tribes of the earth mourn, and they shall see the Son of man coming in the clouds of heaven with power and great glory.

31And he shall send his angels with a great sound of a trumpet, and they shall gather together his elect from the four winds, from one end of heaven to the other.

32Now learn a parable of the fig tree; When his branch is yet tender, and putteth forth leaves, ye know that summer is nigh:

33So likewise ye, when ye shall see all these things, know that it is near, even at the doors.

34Verily I say unto you, This generation shall not pass, till all these things be fulfilled.

35Heaven and earth shall pass away, but my words shall not pass away.

36But of that day and hour knoweth no man, no, not the angels of heaven, but my Father only.

37But as the days of Noah were, so shall also the coming of the Son of man be.

38For as in the days that were before the flood they were eating and drinking, marrying and giving in marriage, until the day that Noe entered into the ark,

39And knew not until the flood came, and took them all away; so shall also the coming of the Son of man be.

40Then shall two be in the field; the one shall be taken, and the other left.

41Two women shall be grinding at the mill; the one shall be taken, and the other left.

42Watch therefore: for ye know not what hour your Lord doth come.

43But know this, that if the goodman of the house had known in what watch the thief would come, he would have watched, and would not have suffered his house to be broken up.

44Therefore be ye also ready: for in such an hour as ye think not the Son of man cometh.

45Who then is a faithful and wise servant, whom his lord hath made ruler over his household, to give them meat in due season?

46Blessed is that servant, whom his lord when he cometh shall find so doing.

47Verily I say unto you, That he shall make him ruler over all his goods.

48But and if that evil servant shall say in his heart, My lord delayeth his coming;

49And shall begin to smite his fellowservants, and to eat and drink with the drunken;

50The lord of that servant shall come in a day when he looketh not for him, and in an hour that he is not aware of,

51And shall cut him asunder, and appoint him his portion with the hypocrites: there shall be weeping and gnashing of teeth."

"1 Thessalonians 5

1But of the times and the seasons, brethren, ye have no need that I write unto you.

2For yourselves know perfectly that the day of the Lord so cometh as a thief in the night.

3For when they shall say, Peace and safety; then sudden destruction cometh upon them, as travail upon a woman with child; and they shall not escape.

4But ye, brethren, are not in darkness, that that day should overtake you as a thief."

Matthew 10:34-38

King James Version (KJV)

34Think not that I am come to send peace on earth: I came not to send peace, but a sword.

35For I am come to set a man at variance against his father, and the daughter against her mother, and the daughter in law against her mother in law.

36And a man's foes shall be they of his own household.

37He that loveth father or mother more than me is not worthy of me: and he that loveth son or daughter more than me is not worthy of me.

38And he that taketh not his cross, and followeth after me, is not worthy of me.

His earthly Mother wasn't mentioned... She is mentioned here.

Matthew 12:47-49

47Then one said unto him, Behold, thy mother and thy brethren stand without, desiring to speak with thee.

48But he answered and said unto him that told him, Who is my mother? and who are my brethren?

49And he stretched forth his hand toward his disciples, and said, Behold my mother and my brethren!

Luke 8:20-22

20And it was told him by certain which said, Thy mother and thy brethren stand without, desiring to see thee.

21And he answered and said unto them, My mother and my brethren are these which hear the word of God, and do it.

Luke 11:27-29

"27And it came to pass, as he spake these things, a certain woman of the company lifted up her voice, and said unto him, Blessed is the womb that bare thee, and the paps which thou hast sucked.

28But he said, Yea rather, blessed are they that hear the word of God, and keep it.

29And when the people were gathered thick together, he began to say, This is an evil generation: they seek a sign; and there shall no sign be given it, but the sign of Jonas the prophet."

It was the desire of all Jewish women to bring Messiah into the world. She is indeed has been blessed greatly!

"For there is one God, and one mediator between God and men, the man Christ Jesus;" 1 Timothy 2:5

"Where there is no vision, the people perish: .."
Proverbs 29:18

Peace on earth doesn't come until Messiah comes back. The false Messiah comes first.
2 Thessalonians 2

2That ye be not soon shaken in mind, or be troubled, neither by spirit, nor by word, nor by letter as from us, as that the day of Christ is at hand.

3Let no man deceive you by any means: for that day shall not come, except there come a falling away first, and that man of sin be revealed, the son of perdition;

4Who opposeth and exalteth himself above all that is called God, or that is worshipped; so that he as God sitteth in the temple of God, shewing himself that he is God.

The scriptures have an awful lot to say about the second coming. If it contradicts scripture it is being used for deception.

Jesus says don't be deceived. We are heading toward a shake up. Make sure you are trusting God in Christ.

John 16:2
They shall put you out of the synagogues: yea, the time cometh, that whosoever killeth you will think that he doeth God service.

Old 01-08-2012, 06:45 PM

1,435 posts, read 1,548,871 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by lee9786 View Post
Didn't quote scripture at all. Instructed his listeners that "Mother Mary" would play a central role in the second coming of Jesus. All "Idolaters", the "wicked", etc would be dealt with.

Matthew 24

"3And as he sat upon the mount of Olives, the disciples came unto him privately, saying, Tell us, when shall these things be? and what shall be the sign of thy coming, and of the end of the world?

6And ye shall hear of wars and rumours of wars: see that ye be not troubled: for all these things must come to pass, but the end is not yet.

7For nation shall rise against nation, and kingdom against kingdom: and there shall be famines, and pestilences, and earthquakes, in divers places.

9Then shall they deliver you up to be afflicted, and shall kill you: and ye shall be hated of all nations for my name's sake.

10And then shall many be offended, and shall betray one another, and shall hate one another.

14And this gospel of the kingdom shall be preached in all the world for a witness unto all nations; and then shall the end come."

23Then if any man shall say unto you, Lo, here is Christ, or there; believe it not.

24For there shall arise false Christs, and false prophets, and shall shew great signs and wonders; insomuch that, if it were possible, they shall deceive the very elect.

26Wherefore if they shall say unto you, Behold, he is in the desert; go not forth: behold, he is in the secret chambers; believe it not.

27For as the lightning cometh out of the east, and shineth even unto the west; so shall also the coming of the Son of man be.

29Immediately after the tribulation of those days shall the sun be darkened, and the moon shall not give her light, and the stars shall fall from heaven, and the powers of the heavens shall be shaken:

30And then shall appear the sign of the Son of man in heaven: and then shall all the tribes of the earth mourn, and they shall see the Son of man coming in the clouds of heaven with power and great glory.

31And he shall send his angels with a great sound of a trumpet, and they shall gather together his elect from the four winds, from one end of heaven to the other.

32Now learn a parable of the fig tree; When his branch is yet tender, and putteth forth leaves, ye know that summer is nigh:

33So likewise ye, when ye shall see all these things, know that it is near, even at the doors.

34Verily I say unto you, This generation shall not pass, till all these things be fulfilled.

36But of that day and hour knoweth no man, no, not the angels of heaven, but my Father only.

38For as in the days that were before the flood they were eating and drinking, marrying and giving in marriage, until the day that Noe entered into the ark,

39And knew not until the flood came, and took them all away; so shall also the coming of the Son of man be.

41Two women shall be grinding at the mill; the one shall be taken, and the other left.

43But know this, that if the goodman of the house had known in what watch the thief would come, he would have watched, and would not have suffered his house to be broken up.

44Therefore be ye also ready: for in such an hour as ye think not the Son of man cometh.

45Who then is a faithful and wise servant, whom his lord hath made ruler over his household, to give them meat in due season?

48But and if that evil servant shall say in his heart, My lord delayeth his coming;

49And shall begin to smite his fellowservants, and to eat and drink with the drunken;

50The lord of that servant shall come in a day when he looketh not for him, and in an hour that he is not aware of,

51And shall cut him asunder, and appoint him his portion with the hypocrites: there shall be weeping and gnashing of teeth."

"1 Thessalonians 5

1But of the times and the seasons, brethren, ye have no need that I write unto you.

2For yourselves know perfectly that the day of the Lord so cometh as a thief in the night.

3For when they shall say, Peace and safety; then sudden destruction cometh upon them, as travail upon a woman with child; and they shall not escape.

4But ye, brethren, are not in darkness, that that day should overtake you as a thief."

King James Version (KJV)

34Think not that I am come to send peace on earth: I came not to send peace, but a sword.

35For I am come to set a man at variance against his father, and the daughter against her mother, and the daughter in law against her mother in law.

37He that loveth father or mother more than me is not worthy of me: and he that loveth son or daughter more than me is not worthy of me.

38And he that taketh not his cross, and followeth after me, is not worthy of me.

47Then one said unto him, Behold, thy mother and thy brethren stand without, desiring to speak with thee.

48But he answered and said unto him that told him, Who is my mother? and who are my brethren?

49And he stretched forth his hand toward his disciples, and said, Behold my mother and my brethren!

20And it was told him by certain which said, Thy mother and thy brethren stand without, desiring to see thee.

21And he answered and said unto them, My mother and my brethren are these which hear the word of God, and do it.

"27And it came to pass, as he spake these things, a certain woman of the company lifted up her voice, and said unto him, Blessed is the womb that bare thee, and the paps which thou hast sucked.

28But he said, Yea rather, blessed are they that hear the word of God, and keep it.

29And when the people were gathered thick together, he began to say, This is an evil generation: they seek a sign; and there shall no sign be given it, but the sign of Jonas the prophet."

It was the desire of all Jewish women to bring Messiah into the world. She is indeed has been blessed greatly!

"For there is one God, and one mediator between God and men, the man Christ Jesus;" 1 Timothy 2:5

"Where there is no vision, the people perish: .." Proverbs 29:18

Peace on earth doesn't come until Messiah comes back. The false Messiah comes first.
2 Thessalonians 2

2That ye be not soon shaken in mind, or be troubled, neither by spirit, nor by word, nor by letter as from us, as that the day of Christ is at hand.

3Let no man deceive you by any means: for that day shall not come, except there come a falling away first, and that man of sin be revealed, the son of perdition;

4Who opposeth and exalteth himself above all that is called God, or that is worshipped; so that he as God sitteth in the temple of God, shewing himself that he is God.

The scriptures have an awful lot to say about the second coming. If it contradicts scripture it is being used for deception.

Jesus says don't be deceived. We are heading toward a shake up. Make sure you are trusting God in Christ.

They shall put you out of the synagogues: yea, the time cometh, that whosoever killeth you will think that he doeth God service.
Please post a link to the source so this Catholic can respond accordingly. Thank you.

Old 01-08-2012, 10:18 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by lee9786 View Post

Matthew 24

"1 Thessalonians 5

King James Version (KJV)

"Where there is no vision, the people perish: .." Proverbs 29:18

2 Thessalonians 2

I think I just saw the show you are speaking of:
[LEFT]
Quote:
EWTN Theology Roundtable: Endtimes Fever, Part 2
Sun. Jan. 8 at 10 PM ET, Tue. Jan. 10 at 1 PM ET, Thurs. Jan. 12 at 5 AM ET

The Last Days; The End Times; The Apocalypse demystified in this Roundtable discussion with author Desmond Birch and EWTN Theology staff, headed by Colin Donovan.
Read more: Catholic Television Network | EWTN......apparently, you didn't watch the whole thing before that part or after....the show was on prophecy of the end times, Scripture was certainly referenced, as well as interpretations of Bible prophecy by Church Fathers, Saints, and Doctors, all of whom also referenced Scripture......please read up on Catholic End Time prophecy and on the miracle at Fatima before implying Scripture is not important or used by Catholic priests and leaders. Here is some help to get you started: End Times Prophecy: A Catholic Perspective, Google, The Message of Fatima . And I don't remember any of the guests being a priest.

Old 01-10-2012, 12:30 PM

12,030 posts, read 9,275,309 times
Why do so many so-called Evangelical Christians show so much disdain for Catholics?

I would think that sort of behavior is not Christian like.

Old 01-10-2012, 01:13 PM

1,534 posts, read 1,980,466 times
Quote:
Why do so many so-called Evangelical Christians show so much disdain for Catholics?

I would think that sort of behavior is not Christian like.
I can of course only speak for myself on this. I don't have anything against Catholics per se. What I am against is the teachings of the RCC that don't line up with Scripture. That's not being Un-Christian it's being a Berean.

Old 01-10-2012, 01:48 PM

12,030 posts, read 9,275,309 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mshipmate View Post
I can of course only speak for myself on this. I don't have anything against Catholics per se. What I am against is the teachings of the RCC that don't line up with Scripture. That's not being Un-Christian it's being a Berean.

Thanks, that is nice to know.

But, many give the impression that says "My religion is better than yours".

Lining up with scripture is difficult because the bible has too much allegory. Why not accept that some Christians do not interpret the bible in the same manner as fundamentalists?

Last edited by Julian658; 01-10-2012 at 02:09 PM..

Old 01-10-2012, 02:12 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by mshipmate View Post
Why not at least watch the whole show instead of taking one part out of context? And none of the panelists were priests.

Old 01-10-2012, 02:13 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Julian658 View Post

Lining up with scripture is difficult because the bible has too much allegory. Why not accept that some Christians do not interpret the bible in the same manner as fundamentalists?
That's too logical!!

Old 01-10-2012, 02:15 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by cmforte View Post
Why not at least watch the whole show instead of taking one part out of context? And none of the panelists were priests.
Sorry, I did not watch the show. I was just answering the question as to why ppl speak against the Catholics and I said I have no problem with Catholics themselves [you know the little ppl who sit in the pews on Sunday] just with the RCC teachings [don't even know if these were addressed in the show] that are contrary to Scripture.

Old 01-10-2012, 02:23 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Julian658 View Post

First of all religion and being a follower of Christ are two different things. How do I know this? I use to be very religious, [I was a Catholic, BTW til God called me to 'come out'] but didn't 'know' God I just 'knew of Him.'

Following Christ leads you to know God/Christ on a personal level. It teaches you to allow God to be the pilot. It teaches you to totally surrender to Him. It teaches you to totally trust in, rely upon, have faith in, take as a model and depend on God/Christ. [defintion of the word believe, BTW].

I did not know I was to even do these things while I was religious. I also didn't read/study the written Word and know to be a Berean.

Becoming a follower of Christ changed my life!!!!!!

ETA: following Christ [instead of men's teachings] helped me to understand the Scriptures better. It helped me to sort out which is allergory and which isn't. It taught me the purpose for the Figures of Speech used in the Scriptures. Which, BTW, actually help one understand things better.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Unexplained Mysteries and Paranormal