U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Covid-19 Information Page
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Unexplained Mysteries and Paranormal
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Search Forums  (Advanced)
Reply Start New Thread
 
Old 02-10-2012, 01:30 AM
 
33 posts, read 37,539 times
Reputation: 16

Advertisements

It's also the first time i read of actual admission of physical abuse by a woman to a man. wow. ive read of domestic violence where the man was the vic but i thought it was myth.
Rate this post positively Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

 
Old 02-10-2012, 03:05 AM
 
7,801 posts, read 5,641,699 times
Reputation: 2979
Quote:
Originally Posted by Trimac20 View Post
if you've ever truly come close to death, or 100% been convinced you were going to die, what sort of thoughts were swirling through your head?
The closest I have come is falling in front of an oncoming truck. I had the usual thing people describe of things appearing to slow down and your thought process speeding up. I was actually calculating as I fell the chances of getting back up in time to survive and the calculations were all coming out bad.

In the end I did, but only JUST in time.

It seems however that as I fell the "last words" my mind decided it was a good idea to utter was an utterly cheerful "Wheeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee!" which I am told I happily shouted out as I fell, though I was not aware of it myself.

Dunno why, but it has always made me quite proud.
Rate this post positively Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 02-10-2012, 07:22 AM
 
4,713 posts, read 3,785,281 times
Reputation: 1533
I sometimes think of the 12 million people in Germany in the 1940s who made the short march to the gas chaimbers, certain they were 5 minutes away from death, and then receiving confirmation that they were correct.
Rate this post positively Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 02-10-2012, 08:14 AM
 
428 posts, read 430,872 times
Reputation: 541
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nozzferrahhtoo View Post
It seems however that as I fell the "last words" my mind decided it was a good idea to utter was an utterly cheerful "Wheeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee!" which I am told I happily shouted out as I fell, though I was not aware of it myself.

Dunno why, but it has always made me quite proud.
Staying positive until the very end, huh? That's the spirit!
Rate this post positively Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 02-10-2012, 08:18 AM
 
428 posts, read 430,872 times
Reputation: 541
I had a couple of death scares from armed robbers and one from a cokehead attack. All I thought about for those was how to get out of the situation alive.
Rate this post positively Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 02-10-2012, 04:22 PM
 
Location: FL
1,727 posts, read 2,312,351 times
Reputation: 1047
Quote:
Originally Posted by Trimac20 View Post
Damn you gave me a bit of a fright, when I saw the word 'choking.' Recently I've developed this fear from reading OCD forums. It just struck me as such a random, easy way to die.

I'm sure most choking doesn't result in death, but the idea that you could choke on a piece of meat scares the devil out of me!

Me too! Ever since that experience I will not eat ANYTHING unless I have a drink handy, to wash it down with. I've become a bit paranoid.
Rate this post positively Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 02-10-2012, 04:25 PM
 
Location: FL
1,727 posts, read 2,312,351 times
Reputation: 1047
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nozzferrahhtoo View Post
The closest I have come is falling in front of an oncoming truck. I had the usual thing people describe of things appearing to slow down and your thought process speeding up. I was actually calculating as I fell the chances of getting back up in time to survive and the calculations were all coming out bad.

In the end I did, but only JUST in time.

It seems however that as I fell the "last words" my mind decided it was a good idea to utter was an utterly cheerful "Wheeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee!" which I am told I happily shouted out as I fell, though I was not aware of it myself.

Dunno why, but it has always made me quite proud.

lol Might as well go out on a positive note?
Rate this post positively Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 02-10-2012, 07:46 PM
 
Location: The western periphery of Terra Australis
24,682 posts, read 49,084,410 times
Reputation: 11862
Quote:
Originally Posted by looking4answers12 View Post
Me too! Ever since that experience I will not eat ANYTHING unless I have a drink handy, to wash it down with. I've become a bit paranoid.
Actually food can get stuck in your throat without technically choking you...choking is when it gets stuck in your windpipe. Of course that can happen when, well you know...

just don't wash it down the wrong pipe, which would make it worse...sorry if I'm not helping lol!
Rate this post positively Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 02-11-2012, 10:05 AM
 
10,452 posts, read 11,287,123 times
Reputation: 12548
Quote:
Originally Posted by Trimac20 View Post
Wow nim I'm pretty speechless, you must live in a totally different world from most people....
What makes you think that? Domestic abuse is pretty common, and dissociating while it happens is too.
Rate this post positively Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 02-11-2012, 10:06 AM
 
10,452 posts, read 11,287,123 times
Reputation: 12548
Quote:
Originally Posted by winstead View Post
It's also the first time i read of actual admission of physical abuse by a woman to a man. wow. ive read of domestic violence where the man was the vic but i thought it was myth.
Most people do, but it happens. Honestly, I'm not sure why people think women are incapable of being abusers and men incapable of being abused.
Rate this post positively Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.


Reply
Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Message:


Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Unexplained Mysteries and Paranormal
Similar Threads

All times are GMT -6.

© 2005-2021, Advameg, Inc. · Please obey Forum Rules · Terms of Use and Privacy Policy · Bug Bounty

City-Data.com - Contact Us - Archive 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30, 31, 32, 33, 34, 35, 36, 37 - Top