U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Covid-19 Information Page
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Unexplained Mysteries and Paranormal
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-19-2012, 09:19 PM

9,618 posts, read 11,896,473 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by theflipflop View Post
I sometimes think of the 12 million people in Germany in the 1940s who made the short march to the gas chaimbers, certain they were 5 minutes away from death, and then receiving confirmation that they were correct.
Oh my... How utterly sad that idea is! I had never thought of it that way, but I have wondered whether the camp Nazis tried to keep the final destination secret from their victims. They did tell many of them that they were going to go into the showers; I do know that went on. But if, or obviously when, some victims did have it figured out, how utterly terrifying that all must have been! Walking calmly to your imminent demise by some unidentified means of torture or pain.

It's also been asked whether any of them ever thought about simply "rebelling" physically and violently, en-mass, to at least to die trying to get back at some of those monsters! A sort of last dying moment of violent revenge, like strangling your camp guard or taking out his eyes before he got you.

Since this generally did not happen, and certainly not on a mass participation scale, I'm thinking the Nazis tried to keep the place as orderly and "efficient" as possible, so they probably told the victims any sort of lie to get them to move on as quietly as possible.

Buy only a few of the survivors know what really happened in those camps, their numbers are dwindling each day, and they are also somewhat reticent to speak of it at all. Understandably so.

But I also don't think this would be the typical setup or preconditions for either a NDE or an OOBE. As well, those experiences have been pretty much debunked by carefully run double-blind-test experiments.

Realize that much of what does happen in the operating room, or when your body is suddently shocked by a terrifying, rapid-onset surprise or very scary event is biochemical in origin. Lots of adrenalin or other chemical messengers are running through your brain, so you may indeed experience all sorts of things that are not actually happening to you.

Peace be with those of you who have had to suffer such terrifying events and/or consequences!
Rate this post positively Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-19-2012, 09:49 PM

124 posts, read 70,052 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Trimac20 View Post
There's probably been a thread asking, 'having you ever had a near death experience?'

Actually I was going to exclude THAT type of NDE - shining lights, voices, angelic choirs, feeling like you don't want to return, but I'll lump it in.

First off,

if you've ever truly come close to death, or 100% been convinced you were going to die, what sort of thoughts were swirling through your head? Were you 100% just focused on survival, did you think of family, of the afterlife, of your life...anything at all.

Last year I became convinced my death was imminent. It was an extremely stressful situation, and I collapsed and fainted a couple of times from it. I barely had appetite, couldn't sleep at all, and was constantly sweaty. I thought a lot about the nothingness that awaited me - I suppose it revealed to me how weak my religious faith is. Anyway since then I guess it's made me appreciate life a bit more, but now and then I get PTSD. I thought of what a tawdry end to my life this would be, of my parents grieving (hopefully), how it was so weird I was going to die in a foreign country, what would happen (would by corpse be flown back?).

I was wandering the streets of New York at about 2am, before I stumbled into the emergency room of the hospital. I felt my throat close up and it difficult to breathe but it turned out it was a panic attack, still at the time it was a huge deal. I remember just slumping down by a sidewalk along one of the avenues just off 42nd street waiting for the 'moment' before I hailed the taxi...
I actually drowned once, when I was child. I do remember the "bright lights" and almost a feeling of bliss...at the time I think I attributed this to my religion's "heaven"..but now it's entirely clear to me that it is simply what happens when your brain is starved of oxygen and it is no different than hallucinating under the influence of potent drugs.

Old 02-19-2012, 09:52 PM

124 posts, read 70,052 times
BTW alot of these out of body experiences can be described by oxygen starved brains or damaged brains near death..or a brain pumped with adrenalin. There is also something very interesting to look up: Sleep Paralysis

It demonstrates how much our brain can project images that we feel are real..but that are simply hallucinations.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Unexplained Mysteries and Paranormal