Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Unexplained Mysteries and Paranormal
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-11-2012, 09:09 AM

24,544 posts, read 56,029,399 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by nimchimpsky View Post
What makes you think that? Domestic abuse is pretty common, and dissociating while it happens is too.
Yes but with the added condition of being 'deaf-blind' or was your ex responsible for that too? Sorry it's hard to keep up sometimes.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-11-2012, 09:13 AM

10,449 posts, read 12,456,919 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Trimac20 View Post
Yes but with the added condition of being 'deaf-blind' or was your ex responsible for that too? Sorry it's hard to keep up sometimes.
Yes. Part of my deafness was physical, from being hit repeatedly in the temples. Part of it was conversion (when emotions such as fearing for your life get converted into real physical symptoms.) Part of my blindness is physical and part of it is conversion, which is why I go through periods of better eyesight and worse eyesight. She was the reason for my deafness and part of my blindness. I've had other NDE's related to being also hit by a car too. Those times weird things happened but I didn't see my life before my eyes. I felt my friend's foot get run over by a car 5 minutes before it happened though and have no idea how to explain that one.

Old 02-11-2012, 09:29 AM

Quote:
Yes. Part of my deafness was physical, from being hit repeatedly in the temples. Part of it was conversion (when emotions such as fearing for your life get converted into real physical symptoms.) Part of my blindness is physical and part of it is conversion, which is why I go through periods of better eyesight and worse eyesight. She was the reason for my deafness and part of my blindness. I've had other NDE's related to being also hit by a car too. Those times weird things happened but I didn't see my life before my eyes. I felt my friend's foot get run over by a car 5 minutes before it happened though and have no idea how to explain that one.
Yeah I mean things like that, in general, your whole life experience seems different to what most people can relate to.

Old 02-11-2012, 09:31 AM

Quote:
Yeah I mean things like that, in general, your whole life experience seems different to what most people can relate to.
Okay, I see what you mean. I have met some other people that can relate, but it's true that most people don't.

I'm sure everyone has at least one aspect of their lives that most people can't relate to, though.

Old 02-11-2012, 09:36 AM

Quote:
Okay, I see what you mean. I have met some other people that can relate, but it's true that most people don't.

I'm sure everyone has at least one aspect of their lives that most people can't relate to, though.
That is true...being alive is so weird sometimes, isn't it, it feels dreamlike. Even the fact we're all separate consciousnesses floating around, seemingly focused in definitely points in space and time, with the ability to hate one another as if we are not the same as we do, it doesn't seem right, we seem alienated, wandering, confused, in conflict with our world.

Old 02-11-2012, 09:40 AM

Quote:
That is true...being alive is so weird sometimes, isn't it, it feels dreamlike. Even the fact we're all separate consciousnesses floating around, seemingly focused in definitely points in space and time, with the ability to hate one another as if we are not the same as we do, it doesn't seem right, we seem alienated, wandering, confused, in conflict with our world.
Couldn't agree more. One of the things about NDE's is they make many people keenly aware of how inherently connected we all are, matter- and energy-wise. We are made up of the same atoms. On the atomic level, there is no difference between self and other. It is only on the macro level that we create a sense of separation and are able to hate people, ideas, and entities, that arise out of the very same "stuff" that we are all made of.

Old 02-11-2012, 09:43 AM

Quote:
Couldn't agree more. One of the things about NDE's is they make many people keenly aware of how inherently connected we all are, matter- and energy-wise. We are made up of the same atoms. On the atomic level, there is no difference between self and other. It is only on the macro level that we create a sense of separation and are able to hate people, ideas, and entities, that arise out of the very same "stuff" that we are all made of.
Once we reach that state of understanding - I've received it as flashes of golden revelation, I guess like knowing God - the deepest impulses for hatred and all negative feelings towards our fellow human beings and indeed fellow creatures dissipate like a bad dream.

All life probably began in an area smaller than the head of a pin. All humanity originated from a point so tiny it would take a powerful microscope to see it.

Old 02-11-2012, 09:49 AM

Quote:
Once we reach that state of understanding - I've received it as flashes of golden revelation, I guess like knowing God - the deepest impulses for hatred and all negative feelings towards our fellow human beings and indeed fellow creatures dissipate like a bad dream.

All life probably began in an area smaller than the head of a pin. All humanity originated from a point so tiny it would take a powerful microscope to see it.

This is exactly what I mean when I say God is love. I'm talking about the source of unconditional love in our universe where all fear and hatred dissolves, and all the things that arise from fear and hatred, such as judgment and separateness, simply do not exist.

I think NDE's and OOBE's (out of body experiences) make a lot of people keenly aware of this aspect of our universe.

Old 02-11-2012, 09:52 AM

Quote:

This is exactly what I mean when I say God is love. I'm talking about the source of unconditional love in our universe where all fear and hatred dissolves, and all the things that arise from fear and hatred, such as judgment and separateness, simply do not exist.

I think NDE's and OOBE's (out of body experiences) make a lot of people keenly aware of this aspect of our universe.
Yeah it's plain to see a truly spiritually enlightened individual, rather than someone who claims to be religious but still delights in their carnal nature.

I've never had an OOBE so I can't comment there, but I'm sure it's reality-shattering.

Old 02-19-2012, 06:19 PM

6,326 posts, read 6,585,426 times
I drowned a couple of times as as child (yup, I was that persistent in learning how to swim ), two things I remember very clearly, "out of body experience" (when you see your body from outside) and incredible vividness of colors after you regain your consciousness. If you want to see sky & grass in bright colors you never have seen before, try drowning. What do my "out of body" visions prove? Not much except that brain may generate all sorts of things once deprived of oxygen. I haven't seen angels and stuff, all I saw darkness and my body submerged in it. Beside, if near death experience is so wonderful (making some people reluctant to return) why all those vivid color underlying beauty of this world?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Unexplained Mysteries and Paranormal