U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Unexplained Mysteries and Paranormal
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-19-2012, 06:04 AM

337 posts, read 368,768 times

Advertisements

Absolutely. There has to be portals for demons to move about the earth and what would happen if a house is built over one of those holes? Also humans can bring demons to themselves by their actions, through Ouija boards, or different rituals. If we could see the spirit world, we would probably all kill ourselves out of fright or have a heart attack.

There are enough ghost hunter shows on TV for anyone to see the real physical scientific evidence of the spirit world, including but not limited to, physical apparitions, disembodied voices, artifacts moving by themselves, black shadows in the shape of bodies. There are enough stories told by those that witness those events to be believable.
Rate this post positively Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-19-2012, 06:37 AM

3 posts, read 5,024 times
Default Yes it;s possible for a house to be haunted..

I know for a fact it happens. I lived in a house for 10 years that was disturbed and the longer I lived there the worse it got. We had a 65 acre farm with a 2000 square ft house that was built by my husbands grandmother way back in the 40's, it burned down and the rebuilt in the same spot. I had experiences with my porcelain angels always getting turned around on the fire place facing backwards..I know my kids didn;t do it because they were babies at the time. One day in the middle of the day I was in my room and my girlfriend was there with me watching TV while my sons were napping. The next thing we heard was the cabinets in the kitchen slamming and nobody was there but us. Scared me so bad I just got the kids up and left...when I had my third baby, my little girl would always see someone she called "Mikie". She had just learned to say words and she would just turn her head at the drop of a hat and look like she saw someone standing there and said "Momma it;s mikie and point to nothing" she did it all the time and it freaked me out..she never seemed to be afraid of whatever she saw though. we moved and rented the house out and had alot of complaints from out tenants saying they heard voices in the living room at night. their televisions coming on for no reason and we knew the electrical was fine because my husband is an electrician. We never could keep the house rented for long periods of time because of this. so we tore the house down and sold the land to a farmer. It was hard to do that when this land had been in my husbands family for over 100 years...creepy....

Old 02-19-2012, 06:42 AM

3 posts, read 5,024 times
Default I wish we had Ghost Hunters back then!!!

I wish back then when we had our other home we had Ghost Hunters to call because they would have been scared themselves. I know for a fact our house was haunted and I still have night mares about some of the things that happened down there. But we do not speak of it at all in our new home, EVER!!!

Old 02-19-2012, 06:50 AM

5,563 posts, read 6,624,943 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mind over Chatter View Post
Absolutely. There has to be portals for demons to move about the earth and what would happen if a house is built over one of those holes?

Wow, this sounds just like the TV series Supernatural, that is fiction BTW

Please explain where do demons reside and why they need portals as you call them?

What are demons?
Quote:
Also humans can bring demons to themselves by their actions, through Ouija boards, or different rituals.
How? Making a claim is not fact.
Quote:
If we could see the spirit world, we would probably all kill ourselves out of fright or have a heart attack.
Why? If your demons are fallen angels and by inference only a third were booted out as per traditional folklore, would there not be more angels than demons? You know outnumbered 2:1?

Why would we want to kill ourselves. If they are "spirits" what possible influence could they have on us?
Quote:
There are enough ghost hunter shows on TV for anyone to see the real physical scientific evidence of the spirit world, including but not limited to, physical apparitions, disembodied voices, artifacts moving by themselves, black shadows in the shape of bodies. There are enough stories told by those that witness those events to be believable.
So you take hearsay as fact?

Again you make claims w/o offering a shred of proof to back your claims.

To be clear, what your personal beliefs are are of no consequence to me. All I am highlighting is the claims you make are backed by nothing.

IMO, demons, angels and all the invisible make believe things folk believe in are constructs of their own imagination. IOW they are not real. The mind plays tricks on people and folk look for patterns where there are none to validate their beliefs.

IF these things were real, then every single person on earth should have encountered them one time or another. I have not encountered any "invisible" cretins in my 54 years of existences.

At age 8 however, I did (I think) experience something weird. I went to the kitchen to get a glass of milk, my folks were with friends in the living room.

I turned to the fuse boxes in the kitchen (the very old type that your made your own fuses for) and saw two balls of light and heard two loud bangs.

I ran to the lounge and as kids sometimes do start crying and cannot catch their breath. My sister asked what's wrong as I was obvious white and about to wail as I caught my breath. Between the sobs I explained what I had experienced. My dad went to inspect and no fuses were blown and they heard nothing.

That is etched in my memories and I can see it in my mind's eye still today.

Did it happen? Probably not. Perhaps I was in a transition between sleep and wakening perhaps sleep walking and what I experienced was something my mind just invented for some reason. People have suggested ball lightning or plasma, it was not raining.

I am not afraid of the dark other than being cautious when in the bush for wild animals. If I were "open" to the spiritual realm as some suggested, I should have had more than just this one experience.

I believe what folk think they see, the brain is playing tricks on them. Up until my mid 20's I had vivid dreams and many times it was hard to differentiate reality with fantasy/dreams. The brain is only fully developed around 25ish so perhaps whatever is happening neurologically, can be an explanation.

I would lean to the scientific explanations rather than hold to folklore and myths.

The mind is a very powerful thing and it can be fooled.

Old 02-19-2012, 06:59 AM

8,690 posts, read 7,892,299 times
Yes a house can be haunted, But not by dead people who lived on the earth or the house , but it can be haunted by demons and fallen angels who if fear exist can , and people believe in the deception of Ghost then demons are listening and will create disorder in people lives ..... See when people pass away they are stuck in a place ... from the Bible in Luke 16: 26...``Between us and you there is a great gulf fixed, so that they which would pass from here to you cannot neither can they pass to us , they would come if they could``...... So if people believe dead people are ghost then they are wrong as dead people spirit is stuck between a gulf and cannot stay in the earth........

Old 02-19-2012, 07:18 AM

5,563 posts, read 6,624,943 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by hljc View Post
Yes a house can be haunted, But not by dead people who lived on the earth or the house , but it can be haunted by demons and fallen angels who if fear exist can , and people believe in the deception of Ghost then demons are listening and will create disorder in people lives ..... See when people pass away they are stuck in a place ... from the Bible in Luke 16: 26...``Between us and you there is a great gulf fixed, so that they which would pass from here to you cannot neither can they pass to us , they would come if they could``...... So if people believe dead people are ghost then they are wrong as dead people spirit is stuck between a gulf and cannot stay in the earth........
If you look at pagan concepts of the underworld, the parable of Luke matches quite nicely.

I'll ask you the same question. Are there not supposed to be more (benevolent) angels than demons outnumbering them 2:1?

Why is it that demons appear to have the upper hand seeing that most folk believe that these are fallen angels.

I just find it odd that theists see the demons and the devil as being all powerful when your god and his angels should have the upper hand. I was never taught this nonsense even as a kid so when I first encountered this frame of thought, I found it illogical and strange.

FWIW you can read up on the Lucifer myth (take your pick) and see that the concept of satan is a bad transliteration from the original sawtan or sawtawn in Hebrew where the "w's" were dropped. The original words simply means adversary.

From my observations, demons only seem to bother theists who believe they are real.

Old 02-19-2012, 08:30 AM

13,145 posts, read 20,406,781 times
Default Can a house be posessed or haunted?

Yes and No.

My personal experience is that bizarre things which are not part of normal human experience can and do happen, but I think we don't know the actual cause(es) and are probably interpreting such events wrongly.

It's a simple, natural assumption to interpret ghost/haunting phenomenon as disembodied souls of the deceased who don't want to "go toward the light" or demonic entities preying on humanity, but at one time it was also simple and natural to assume the world was flat, or that illness was caused by witchcraft or failing to observe various superstitions.

Just because we now know what really causes illness doesn't mean the phenomenon (in this case, getting sick) doesn't exist, just that the earlier assumptions on what caused it were wrong. The fact of the matter is that huge numbers of otherwise sane people across human history have reported seeing ghosts and experienced hauntings very often in typical repeating patterns, so something must be causing it.

Just as a higher perspective makes it clear the world is spherical despite looking flat on the ground, someday we will make a concept leap and understand scientifically exactly why people have such experiences instead of making face value assumptions or just writing them off altogether.

Last edited by Chango; 02-19-2012 at 09:38 AM..

Old 02-19-2012, 09:05 AM

1,727 posts, read 2,311,796 times
Some people believe in possession and haunting some people don't. I haven't experienced it for myself, but I have gotten the "heeibe jeebies" a few times. Not sure what caused it.
I know you aren't asking for advice, but my unsolicited advice would be, if it makes you uncomfortable, don't buy it!

Trust your instincts even of they don't seem to be "logical".

Old 02-19-2012, 09:08 AM

10,452 posts, read 11,284,032 times
There are just some things you have to experience firsthand to believe--sometimes with other people present so you know it's not just in your mind.

Old 02-19-2012, 09:47 AM

1,304 posts, read 1,937,771 times
I'm not saying it's absolutely impossible, but I don't think we should jump to the supernatural for a conclusion every time something goes bump in the night.

I think more often than not stuff like this is all in a person's mind.

Why do spooks never show up in the middle of the day at a crowded dinner table? Why is it always at night when you're by yourself. Just think about all the times you were feeling a little freaked out and nothing really ever happened.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Unexplained Mysteries and Paranormal