Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Unexplained Mysteries and Paranormal
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-19-2012, 12:58 PM

27,520 posts, read 28,613,393 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by pamelaBeurman View Post
There exists no verifiable scientific evidence for your Christian God either but that hasn't stopped anyone from believing in him/her.

Makes ya wonder, don't it?
Oh, I don't believe in an unverifiable, supernatural God as it is defined in Christianity and other world religions. I think it is very unlikely that such a being exists.

I don't mean to intentionally offend people, but I disbelieve in claims that cannot be proven scientifically, rationally or logically.

Last edited by BigCityDreamer; 02-19-2012 at 01:14 PM..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-19-2012, 01:03 PM

285 posts, read 297,655 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Joe90 View Post
How do you measure how fast a demon is? How do you know how old it is? You didn't by any chance, get this out of a book of fairy tales?
what I described is not false story , fiction or tales. those are all true

Old 02-19-2012, 01:16 PM

285 posts, read 297,655 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by pamelaBeurman View Post
Sounds like he's referring to a Djinn.
Djinn ?! ..... what is that ? is it a witchery or voodoo book ? if it is so I have to say I never study a witchery or sorcery book, rather I am oppose to such black art fields

Old 02-19-2012, 01:41 PM
Status: "Apparently the worst poster on CD" (set 19 days ago)

27,622 posts, read 16,104,993 times
I was cruising late night with 2 friends in a 73 chevelle, we crossed the river and went up a bluff. Great views up there and the oldest cemetary I am aware of in the area. We drove through the cemetary, made a loop and were about 100 yards from the exit when something darted fast across the road right in front of my car. I could only discribe it as a small 35"tall hairless nude child covered in powder, it happened so fast but it was bipedal for sure. We exited with a quickness. I had to rationalize this and shelf it as a trick.

Old 02-19-2012, 02:28 PM

3,751 posts, read 7,666,415 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by achickenchaser View Post
I think more often than not stuff like this is all in a person's mind.

Why do spooks never show up in the middle of the day at a crowded dinner table? Why is it always at night when you're by yourself. Just think about all the times you were feeling a little freaked out and nothing really ever happened.
More often than not, there is a provable explanation.
Now the ghosts I have encountered....I have put into ghost catagory because there is nothing else to take responsibility for the occurance.
And I have had ghosts show up during the day and with more than one person in the house.
Yes- houses can be haunted. I have lived in three houses with unexplainable activity. And have entered into numerous homes with such things happening.
I'm a skeptical person, but also one who is intrigued by the unseen.
I will always look to the 'rational' first.
But like others have said before, it is hard to believe if you have not witnessed such activity.

'there is no such thing as ghosts, but there are demons' ...???...
I don't get that. To say such means that what ever was in my home was malicious and the reality of it is that they were all very passive and harmless.
One ghost was even helpful when I was sort of joking around.
I had a piece of jewelry go missing. I had not moved it, but maybe someone else had. Kids, company, the ghost, who knows....that did not matter.
But when I asked the ghost to find it and bring it 'to me' it did.
No, it did not end up back in my jewelry box, it was left on a shelf in the living room....to high up to have been one of my kids.

Old 02-19-2012, 03:00 PM

17,717 posts, read 13,518,259 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Manss View Post
Djinn ?! ..... what is that ? is it a witchery or voodoo book ? if it is so I have to say I never study a witchery or sorcery book, rather I am oppose to such black art fields

Old 02-19-2012, 03:17 PM

4,486 posts, read 5,220,873 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BigCityDreamer View Post
Oh, I don't believe in an unverifiable, supernatural God as it is defined in Christianity and other world religions. I think it is very unlikely that such a being exists.

I don't mean to intentionally offend people, but I disbelieve in claims that cannot be proven scientifically, rationally or logically.
I can understand you view.

Above all, i'm a skeptic. A fair amount of alleged paranormal events do have a rational explanation, poor lighting, bad vision, distance, that last beer ya drank........

Then again there are the ones that simply can't be explained away. I've had my share of both kinds.

I would never expect anyone who hasn't had a true paranormal experience to believe in them just because someone else said it happened. Hell, I don't believe a lot of what people tell me. I do believe in what i've seen though.

I don't buy the Christian concept of God either. I'm a Pagan, a nature worshiper ( not a tree hugger ), it's all around us and it's existence cannot be denied. Also, we don't need a dusty, self contradictory book as a guide.

Nothing wrong with a little skepticism Sweetie, just don't totally close yourself to the possibility that there's a little more than meets the eye.

Old 02-19-2012, 03:27 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Manss View Post
Child, what area of the world do you live in?

It's obvious from your many other posts that where ever you are or are from there is a great deal of Islamic influence. As such you shouldn't even have to ask what a Djinn is, it's part of the middle eastern culture.

Just Google the word, you will get a far more detailed description that I could ever provide. I would furnish a link if I could but i'm using a smart phone, not a regular lap top.

Old 02-19-2012, 03:29 PM

8,711 posts, read 11,725,947 times
yea possessed by the demon of bad decorating.

Old 02-19-2012, 03:41 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Doll Eyes View Post
yea possessed by the demon of bad decorating.

Get thee to an interior decorator, quickly!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Unexplained Mysteries and Paranormal