Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Unexplained Mysteries and Paranormal
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-19-2012, 03:52 PM

6,712 posts, read 13,440,102 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by saltine View Post
1990 a group of friends in their 20's rented a small house that was probably built late 1940's. It had a large pentagram burned on the basement trap door and a few small ones around the house.
OK. So right away we know the house is old and probably subject to a lot of things that newer homes aren't, i.e., creaks, groans, banging water pipes, etc...

As for the pentagrams... big deal. The Jewish Star is a pentagram and a number of pagan rituals use the pentagram as symbology for various meanings. The star you put on top of your Christmas Tree is a pagan symbol and is also a pentagram.Moderator cut: delete.

Quote:
Nearly everyone that lived there and some guests experienced some sort of strange occurances.
Again, the house is old. It would be more odd to have complete silence at a house that age.

Quote:
Glass breaking by itself, a nearly fatal accidental shooting, a grounds search for strange noise resulting in 4 people missing for unknown amount of time, a funnel cloud directly above and a star in the mud afterwords, musical instruments playing themselves in the basement and more. Within 3 months everyone moved out and went on with their lives.
Blah-blah-blabbety-blah. Accidental shootings are a pretty common occurrence in the U.S. which has one of the loosest laws on guns and munitions in the world. Funnel clouds are pretty common and I'm willing to bet the star was nothing more than a paredolia in which the fanciful imaginations of people already associating negativity with the house turned an otherwise insignificant mark in the mud into some sort of evil symbology. Musical instruments in the basement... Hmmm... I've heard old creaky pipes sound like drums, wind blowing through a crack in a window resembling certain high pitched wind instruments and so on and so forth. Or was this a bunch of ghosts playing Chopin's Nocturne in E Flat Major Op. 9 No. 2???

Quote:
Fast forward to 2008 and 70 miles away I was searching houses for sale on MLS and came across a familier house. It was the same house.
Uh Ok... I'm totally surprised now... A house for sale that you used to live in.

Quote:
To my total suprise the square footage in the details was 666. It kind of freaked me out a little as if just a little hello!. I shut the computer off and resumed search another time. Just wanted to share this experience.
Six-hundred sixty-six square feet? Something doesn't add up. Initially, you said a group of friends in their 20's rented this house. As an aside, a typical jail cell is anywhere between 4'X8' and 8'x10' depending on a variety of factors. The former is 320 square feet and the latter is 800 square feet. So, plop 666 sq. ft. in the middle of that and a group of friends rented a "home" that was slightly larger than the smallest jail cell?

That must have been a pretty tight knit group of friends!!!

Last edited by Miss Blue; 02-19-2012 at 06:16 PM.. Reason: took put the Mormon thing
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-19-2012, 09:02 PM
Status: "Apparently the worst poster on CD" (set 15 hours ago)

27,541 posts, read 16,022,699 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by GCSTroop View Post
OK. So right away we know the house is old and probably subject to a lot of things that newer homes aren't, i.e., creaks, groans, banging water pipes, etc...

As for the pentagrams... big deal. The Jewish Star is a pentagram and a number of pagan rituals use the pentagram as symbology for various meanings. The star you put on top of your Christmas Tree is a pagan symbol and is also a pentagram.Moderator cut: delete.

Again, the house is old. It would be more odd to have complete silence at a house that age.

Blah-blah-blabbety-blah. Accidental shootings are a pretty common occurrence in the U.S. which has one of the loosest laws on guns and munitions in the world. Funnel clouds are pretty common and I'm willing to bet the star was nothing more than a paredolia in which the fanciful imaginations of people already associating negativity with the house turned an otherwise insignificant mark in the mud into some sort of evil symbology. Musical instruments in the basement... Hmmm... I've heard old creaky pipes sound like drums, wind blowing through a crack in a window resembling certain high pitched wind instruments and so on and so forth. Or was this a bunch of ghosts playing Chopin's Nocturne in E Flat Major Op. 9 No. 2???

Uh Ok... I'm totally surprised now... A house for sale that you used to live in.

Six-hundred sixty-six square feet? Something doesn't add up. Initially, you said a group of friends in their 20's rented this house. As an aside, a typical jail cell is anywhere between 4'X8' and 8'x10' depending on a variety of factors. The former is 320 square feet and the latter is 800 square feet. So, plop 666 sq. ft. in the middle of that and a group of friends rented a "home" that was slightly larger than the smallest jail cell?

That must have been a pretty tight knit group of friends!!!
8x10 is 80 sq. feet not 800...anyway
I never said I lived in the house. Some friends rented it. I'm sure all the incidents were coincidence and imaginary, and there's a few others will attest to the coincidence and imagination. I am just relating some of the experiences that myself and others had there. BlaBlaBla ... I have tried to come up with explanations but cannot explain everything away.. I made it brief to keep it short but there was much more detail.

Old 02-19-2012, 09:09 PM

6,712 posts, read 13,440,102 times
Quote:
8x10 is 80 sq. feet not 800...anyway
I never said I lived in the house. I'm sure all the incidents were coincidence and imaginary, and there's a few others will attest to the coincidence and imagination. I am just relating some of the experiences that myself and others had there. BlaBlaBla ... I have tried to come up with explanations but cannot explain everything away.. I made it brief to keep it short but it got deeper.
Yeah... You're right about the square footage thing. Not sure how I bungled that one???

Old 02-20-2012, 01:26 PM

2,529 posts, read 4,344,008 times
I believe those who are answering no, are doing so only because they've never experienced anything of the sort. I would have probably said no too a couple years ago. Until I lived in my last apt.

I lived in my upstairs apartment for 4 years, and decided I wanted to move downstairs. This sweet old lady, Ona, had recently died, and her apt was perfect. I asked the landlord how she died, and I was told she fell in her bathtub, was found by the landlord, and later she died in the hospital. Ok, I'll take the apt.

Strange things began happening right after we moved in. A couple of them were, one day while taking a nap in my bed, I heard a loud noise that woke me up. I had my bedroom door closed, so I looked under the door, thinking maybe my friend who had a key to my apt had come over. I was waiting for her to walk past my door. Then another loud noise. I sat up, and watched under my door.

My kids' bedroom was directly across from mine (which is actually the master bedroom, and where Ona slept). All of a sudden their light came on. I hollered, "Betty?" Nothing. Then the light went off, then started going on and off for a total of about 20 times. I was kinda freaking out at this point, but sat frozen. I was alone in the house. When I hollered her name again, it stopped.

I waited a couple minutes to see if it was going to do it again, but it didn't. I got up, carefully opened the door, checked out the entire apt, noticed the front door was still locked, and found nothing.

My fiancee thought maybe a wire was loose, but it never happened again in the year I lived there.

Fast forward a couple weeks. My 8 year old son and I were sitting in the living room watching tv. All of a sudden, the front door just opened up. We looked at each other, and I finally said... it must not have been latched, and the wind blew it open. He got up to close it, and as he was walking toward it, it shut by itself, and latched closed.

He turned and looked at me, and ran back to the couch screaming...lol. Others said the wind must have sucked it closed, but I know it wasn't that windy that day, and I can see it pulling it to, but not latching it shut.

Those are just a couple things that happened. From them on, when weird things would happen, we'd just laugh and blame Ona.

Old 02-21-2012, 09:34 AM

6,464 posts, read 13,410,280 times
I've lived in three different places that have been haunted.

The first place was an a apartment complex built in the mid 60's. My roommate had the ashes of her grandmother and mother stored in the attached garage. When we moved in there were always weird things, like lights being left on. Curtains opened when we left them closed. Then the lady next door died in her sleep. From that point forward things just got worse and we'd hear a lot of random noises that never heard before. Once all the dishes in the kitchen cupboards rearranged.

The second place was another apartment complex, built in the 1920s. I'd put down my car keys/wallet/etc in the same place when I got home at night. In the morning I'd have to go searching for them. One day the search was taking so long that it was actually causing me to be late so I shouted "Give me my stuff back!" turned around, and they were sitting right where I left it the night before.

Third place was my ex-gf's grandmother's house. She went crazy while living in the house and there was a general feeling of oppression and stress in pretty much every room. Weird noises all the time, things moved, whispered voices even. Drove us to break up, apparently her Grandmother didn't approve of me because everything stopped as soon as I moved out.

Old 02-21-2012, 09:46 AM

3,004 posts, read 6,258,070 times
I don't know about houses being possessed, but I know they can be repossessed.

Old 02-21-2012, 11:32 AM
Status: "Apparently the worst poster on CD" (set 15 hours ago)

27,541 posts, read 16,022,699 times
Curious, this was taken from the county assesor of the property I mentioned.
Detail TypeDetail Description[RIGHT]Units[/RIGHT]
ApplianceAllowance[RIGHT]1.0[/RIGHT]
BasementBsmnt Block 8 ft[RIGHT]840.0[/RIGHT]
FixtureBase Fixtures[RIGHT]1.0[/RIGHT]
FixtureBath Full[RIGHT]1.0[/RIGHT]
PorchEncl Screen[RIGHT]48.0[/RIGHT]
PorchOpen Slab[RIGHT]126.0[/RIGHT]

If you dont count the porches I guess you get the # I mentione that was on the realtors site years ago. Gonna leave this one alone now

Old 02-26-2012, 02:25 PM

3,751 posts, read 7,652,630 times
The Star of David/ Jewish star is NOT a pentagram.
Pent translates to 5. The Star of David has 6 points, not 5.
There is a difference between a pentagram and a pentacle as well. It is the Wiccan branch of Pagans that use a pentacle, which is the 5 pointed star with a circle around it.
Each point represents an element; fire, earth, air, water, ether...
So if this house had Stars with circles around them, then it is far from satanic. If anything I would gues that some prior tenants also encountered these energies and tried to 'work' with them to settle them and send them on their way.

Also- 666 represents Nero Caesar, the Advisary in the times that Revelations was written. The Hebrew alphabet has numbers associated to each letter. It was often used as code.
Spell Nero Caesar in Hebrew, add up the numerical values and you have 666.

Old 02-27-2012, 08:08 PM

1,196 posts, read 750,418 times
Quote:
responding to "Can a house be posessed or haunted?

Funny, many beliefs concerning “haunted houses” are part trues. The untrue part of it is, there’s NO dead people floating around. And The house itself, can’t be possessed. Many don’t realize, it’s satan and his weak followers who’s playing tricks on people, (Ephe.6:11). I’ve heard many call on ministers to do exorcist. The funny part to me is when they constantly have to order the demons to leave, in the name of Jesus.

When will one ever get it through their head, satan isn’t afraid of Jesus.
If he were he wouldn’t have made a proposition to Jesus ,(Matt.4:1-11). he kno Jesus can only do, what his Father gives him to do. I’ve seen many “ghost haunting” shows, where they say stuff like,…”we won’t hurt you” I always find myself saying,.. do you really know who you’re talking to?, they don’t fear you! demons can do anything they want in order to fool us. So It’s not the “house” that’s possessed, it’s demons doing things to make it seem as though it’s the house. peace

Old 02-27-2012, 11:46 PM

4,486 posts, read 5,213,741 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jojo-50 View Post
responding to "Can a house be posessed or haunted?

Funny, many beliefs concerning “haunted houses” are part trues. The untrue part of it is, there’s NO dead people floating around. And The house itself, can’t be possessed. Many don’t realize, it’s satan and his weak followers who’s playing tricks on people, (Ephe.6:11). I’ve heard many call on ministers to do exorcist. The funny part to me is when they constantly have to order the demons to leave, in the name of Jesus.

When will one ever get it through their head, satan isn’t afraid of Jesus.
If he were he wouldn’t have made a proposition to Jesus ,(Matt.4:1-11). he kno Jesus can only do, what his Father gives him to do. I’ve seen many “ghost haunting” shows, where they say stuff like,…”we won’t hurt you” I always find myself saying,.. do you really know who you’re talking to?, they don’t fear you! demons can do anything they want in order to fool us. So It’s not the “house” that’s possessed, it’s demons doing things to make it seem as though it’s the house. peace
That's a very narrow minded view of things, in my opinion anyway.

Just consider, at one point in time a thunderstorm was considered to be the gods unleashing their wrath on humanity. A plague was a punishment, mental illness was due to demonic possession...........

We progressed, we evolved and we learned the true causes of these and many other 'supernatural' things. No demons involved at all.

Sure, there are things that seem to have no rational explanation. Does that mean that there is a demon under every rock or hiding in every dark corner? Hardly. It simply means that, as of yet, no adequate scientific explanation exists for what some consider "paranormal"

Please feel free to visit us in the rational world, we have cookies.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Unexplained Mysteries and Paranormal