U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Unexplained Mysteries and Paranormal
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-28-2012, 12:47 AM

35,103 posts, read 44,459,849 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by saltine View Post
1990 a group of friends in their 20's rented a small house that was probably built late 1940's. It had a large pentagram burned on the basement trap door and a few small ones around the house. They paid no mind except for covering one with rug. Nearly everyone that lived there and some guests experienced some sort of strange occurances. Glass breaking by itself, a nearly fatal accidental shooting, a grounds search for strange noise resulting in 4 people missing for unknown amount of time, a funnel cloud directly above and a star in the mud afterwords, musical instruments playing themselves in the basement and more. Within 3 months everyone moved out and went on with their lives.
Fast forward to 2008 and 70 miles away I was searching houses for sale on MLS and came across a familier house. It was the same house. To my total suprise the square footage in the details was 666. It kind of freaked me out a little as if just a little hello!. I shut the computer off and resumed search another time. Just wanted to share this experience.

Yes but generally spirits are attached to humans not places.
Rate this post positively Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-28-2012, 12:51 AM

1,554 posts, read 1,675,106 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sanspeur View Post
No.
Go and live there

Old 02-28-2012, 12:54 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by TAHOE GIRL View Post
No!!!
How can you be so sure; but of course I cannot tell you: God and live there

Old 02-28-2012, 12:57 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by resigned View Post
the seen world and the unseen world. the former we know it all but the latter is for non human being such as elf and angles and we cannot find any info except in the cultural or religious writings.

read king Solomon's life ,,personally it's so fascinated

True, true.

Old 02-28-2012, 01:09 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by saltine View Post
1990 a group of friends in their 20's rented a small house that was probably built late 1940's. It had a large pentagram burned on the basement trap door and a few small ones around the house. They paid no mind except for covering one with rug. Nearly everyone that lived there and some guests experienced some sort of strange occurances. Glass breaking by itself, a nearly fatal accidental shooting, a grounds search for strange noise resulting in 4 people missing for unknown amount of time, a funnel cloud directly above and a star in the mud afterwords, musical instruments playing themselves in the basement and more. Within 3 months everyone moved out and went on with their lives.
Fast forward to 2008 and 70 miles away I was searching houses for sale on MLS and came across a familier house. It was the same house. To my total suprise the square footage in the details was 666. It kind of freaked me out a little as if just a little hello!. I shut the computer off and resumed search another time. Just wanted to share this experience.
There are such houses and such incidents.
Such houses, almost isolated but not always the isolated houses.

I once asked the late interpreter of the Quran Mohammed Ali Hassan Al-Hilly about such a thing as a house being haunted or occupied by genies (some call them elf; the bad genies may be called "demons".)

So I asked him: Is this true?
He said: Yes, it can be.
I said: Why do such genies do something like that?
He said: "They want to drive people out of that house; because they want to take that house as a centre or a headquarter for them."

Here, we should differentiate between human souls (the ghosts of the dead men: these cannot do anything material like these incidents),

and between Genies : the living genies: their bodies are created from gases, so they cannot be seen in ordinary circumstances, but they can show us their persons and can make us hear them and they can do material work.

Genies (or aliens)

While the dead men: their souls cannot do material work.
The soul after death

Old 02-28-2012, 02:29 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by eanassir View Post
How can you be so sure; but of course I cannot tell you: Go and live there
A mistake has occurred while writing this post:
I mean:
"but of course I cannot tell you: Go and live there "

Old 02-28-2012, 02:32 AM

61,305 posts, read 79,715,095 times
the evidence or sense of bad things happening in a house remain. broken records must be fixed.but this can only happen by acknowledging the wrong committed and releasing the imprisoned thought that has turned into a warning buoy
been there done that.

Old 02-28-2012, 02:53 AM

8,838 posts, read 10,588,768 times
Can a house be possessed or haunted? No. What would do the possessing? Those who say yes they can, prove it. Proof is needed and yet it's always lacking. Fuzzy video. Inconclusive noises. Lots of anecdotes, but no scientifically verifiable proof!

Old 02-28-2012, 03:18 AM

24,682 posts, read 49,234,741 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by achickenchaser View Post
I'm not saying it's absolutely impossible, but I don't think we should jump to the supernatural for a conclusion every time something goes bump in the night.

I think more often than not stuff like this is all in a person's mind.

Why do spooks never show up in the middle of the day at a crowded dinner table? Why is it always at night when you're by yourself. Just think about all the times you were feeling a little freaked out and nothing really ever happened.
Exactly. Maybe ghosts have UV sensitivity, or maybe they want to maintain their milk white complexions, you know, to look ghostly at the ghosts and ghouls they have ever month.

At this stage you could say I'm agnostic about it. The last point you make is one in favour of the 'no' camp, but I had a friend who talked so matter of factly about ghosts and spirits...one time I asked if he'd take me to witness some spooks but he seemed hesitant to...as if it might influence me.

I've been to some pretty haunted places and never experienced anything remotely weird or supernatural. Maybe one day, lol.

Old 02-28-2012, 03:22 AM

24,682 posts, read 49,234,741 times
Anyone here seen any videos on the internet etc they believe capture believable supernatural phenomena on tape? I've seen a few but most seem to be fake.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Unexplained Mysteries and Paranormal