U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Unexplained Mysteries and Paranormal
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-28-2012, 03:24 AM

24,682 posts, read 49,105,489 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by saltine View Post
1990 a group of friends in their 20's rented a small house that was probably built late 1940's. It had a large pentagram burned on the basement trap door and a few small ones around the house. They paid no mind except for covering one with rug. Nearly everyone that lived there and some guests experienced some sort of strange occurances. Glass breaking by itself, a nearly fatal accidental shooting, a grounds search for strange noise resulting in 4 people missing for unknown amount of time, a funnel cloud directly above and a star in the mud afterwords, musical instruments playing themselves in the basement and more. Within 3 months everyone moved out and went on with their lives.
Fast forward to 2008 and 70 miles away I was searching houses for sale on MLS and came across a familier house. It was the same house. To my total suprise the square footage in the details was 666. It kind of freaked me out a little as if just a little hello!. I shut the computer off and resumed search another time. Just wanted to share this experience.
What's also creepy, you have 999 posts at the moment. Turn that upside down and whaddaya get?
Rate this post positively Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-28-2012, 03:25 AM

I think you'll find the Star of David is clearly a hexagram, to be technical about it lol.

Old 02-28-2012, 03:27 AM

If this is so common, wouldn't it be easy to show it to skeptics? Like invite a few skeptical friends to these haunted house and let them observe the phenomena for themselves.

Old 02-28-2012, 04:57 AM

4,004 posts, read 5,643,550 times
My hairdresser told me she saw a ghost dog. She does in-home hairdressing and she was doing a new clients hair when she saw a black poodle walk from one room to another. She didn't see it again and asked the client afterwards where it had got to. The client pointed to a photo of a dog on the wall and said "She died 4 years ago".

Old 02-28-2012, 05:12 AM

5,563 posts, read 6,627,576 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by pamelaBeurman View Post

Please feel free to visit us in the rational world, we have cookies.

Old 02-28-2012, 10:30 AM

1,028 posts, read 1,192,131 times
questions that will never have an answer.

THE CURSED PALACE

Ca 'Dario is a palace in Venice, located in the Dorsoduro district, which overlooks the Grand Canal. The building is famous for the alleged curse that would weigh about it: according to legend, in fact, its owners would be destined to go bankrupt or die a violent death. The building was commissioned in 1479 by architect Pietro Lombardo Giovanni Dario as a dowry for his daughter Marietta, betrothed to Vincenzo Barbaro, a wealthy spice merchant owner of the palace in the Campo San Vio.
Giovanni Dario, a middle-class origins of the Dalmatian, held important positions in the Republic of Venice was a merchant, notary of the Court ducal ducal secretary and earned the title of savior of his country when, in 1479, managed to negotiate an agreement peace with the Turks.
The palace was built over an ancient burial ground and is visibly tilted due to settling of the foundation. The asymmetrical façade, made of Istrian stone, is richly decorated with polychrome marbles arranged in circular medallions and is divided into ground floor and three floors. The body of the palace is built in Gothic style, very popular in Venice, but the facade of the Grand Canal is clearly Renaissance. At the base of the building is the inscription VRBIS GENIUS JOHN DARIVS (Latin: John Darius protector of the city).
The chimneys, in typical Venetian style, are among the few surviving original copies of the period to date. The balcony was added in the nineteenth century Gothic Revival.
In 1494, the death of Giovanni Dario, the palace was inherited by his daughter Marietta and then went to Vincenzo Barbaro. The Barbaro family remained in possession of the building until the early nineteenth century, when Alessandro Barbaro (1764-1839), the last member of the Council of Ten of the Republic of Venice and courtly counselor of the Supreme Court of Verona, sold the building to Arbit Abdoll, an Armenian merchant in precious stones.
Ca 'Dario is often described as one of the most characteristic buildings of Venice, often compared to the Ca' d'Oro. The strange beauty captured the interest of John Ruskin, who described the marble decorations in great detail. The back of the building, painted red, overlooking Campiello Barbaro. In 1908 Claude Monet used Ca 'Dario as a subject for a series of impressionist paintings typically: all from the same perspective, but with different lighting conditions. One of the last restoration, arrangement and interior design was executed in 1977 by Giorgio Pes, designer of the film "The Leopard".
The architectural beauty of Ca 'Dario contrasts with its reputation for building cursed reputation given it by the tragic destiny that has united many of its owners. According to an alleged curse that would weigh on the house, the owners of Ca 'Dario would be destined to end up bankrupt or die a violent death. Marietta, the daughter of John Dario, committed suicide after the financial collapse of her husband Vincenzo Barbaro, who died stabbed. Tragic end for their son, who died in an ambush in Crete. These three deaths caused a sensation among the Venetians, who anagrammarono the inscription on the facade, transforming it from VRBIS GENIUS JOHN DARIVS to SVB RVINA insidious GENRE (Latin: Genero insidious destruction). In 1838 Ca 'Dario was purchased from English Radon Brown, who lost all their belongings in 1842 and committed suicide inside the building along with fellow, probably because of the scandal caused by their binding. The building was later purchased by American Charles Briggs, who was forced to flee from Venice due to constant rumors about his homosexuality, taking refuge in Mexico, where her lover committed suicide. Straddling the end of the 800 and early 900 Ca 'Dario hosted the French poet Henri de Regnier, until a serious illness not interrupted stay in Venice.
Long remained without owner, in 1964 among the potential buyers came forward the tenor Mario Del Monaco, but broke off negotiations when, while on his way to Venice to finalize the details of the contract, he was the victim of a serious traffic accident that forced to a long rehabilitation, and made him desist from the purchase. A few years later, Ca 'Dario was bought by the Count of Turin Lanze Philip Giordano, who was killed inside the palace in 1970 by a Croatian sailor named Raul Blasich, with which an affair. Blasich, then fled to London, where he was in turn assassinated.
The building was then bought by Kit Lambert, manager of rock band The Who, who died shortly afterwards in London falling down stairs.
In the mid-eighties Ca 'Dario was bought from a Venetian businessman, Fabrizio Ferrari, who moved there with his sister Nicoletta. Ferrari did not die, but lost his entire fortune after taking over the palace, while his sister died in a strange car accident with no witnesses. In the late eighties, the building was bought by financier Raul Gardini, who wanted to donate them to his daughter. Gardini, after a series of economic reverses and involvement in the scandal Tangentopoli, committed suicide in 1993 in circumstances never fully explained. After the death of Gardini no longer wanted to buy Ca 'Dario, to the point that the first brokerage firm that had received the authority to sell surrendered and put in charge.
In the late nineties, the director and actor Woody Allen seemed willing to buy the building, but after a series of negative events regarding his emotional sphere, desisted. In 2002, a week after renting Ca 'Dario for a vacation in Venice, bassist John Entwistle died of a heart attack.
Although lacking any scientific basis to explain some of the deaths have suggested that the building arising over an alleged node negative energies that would cross the city. Ca Dario, at present, results .....for sale

would you to be the next land lord? for sure in this dimension there are a sort of point of break... gates among two dimensions

Old 03-03-2012, 12:58 AM

1,067 posts, read 539,269 times
-------------------------
so what part is so "narrow minded?, i know satan isn't to blame for EVERYTHING. but even if you refuse to believe, there's no dead people walking around scaring the living. and building have No type of human emotions. and if you're referring to what i said concerning psychics. then you need to take that up with Jesus and his Father. because i've already post scriptures showing Jehovah's words concerning those groups of people.

are you saying a believer should believe un-truth, instead of God's words? any who knows God, understands even science can't "explain everything. especially when it comes to the "paranormal" God's words shows, satan blinds the minds of the unbelievers ,(2Cor.4:4). just as God's words shows his servants will know satan's tricks ,(1Cor.2:11).

i know i can't explain EVERYTHING, but i do know anyone who seeks the truth will find it. God doesn't wants us walking around blindly. now i answered his question ,not of my own, but with God's Holy Spirit. because that's the ONLY way i would be able to help those who's seeking. at least...i gave those who's seeking, something to ponder over.

instead of mildly trying to insult, someone who's trying to help. i wasn't sent here to attack anyone. if i came that way, it would be of the devil. you say i'm "narror minded", because i try to bring the truth. you gotta come a little harder that that. to say i'm wrong, first you got to prove you're right. much love, peace

Old 03-03-2012, 11:45 AM

4,486 posts, read 4,725,391 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jojo-50 View Post
-------------------------
so what part is so "narrow minded?, i know satan isn't to blame for EVERYTHING. but even if you refuse to believe, there's no dead people walking around scaring the living. and building have No type of human emotions. and if you're referring to what i said concerning psychics. then you need to take that up with Jesus and his Father. because i've already post scriptures showing Jehovah's words concerning those groups of people.

are you saying a believer should believe un-truth, instead of God's words? any who knows God, understands even science can't "explain everything. especially when it comes to the "paranormal" God's words shows, satan blinds the minds of the unbelievers ,(2Cor.4:4). just as God's words shows his servants will know satan's tricks ,(1Cor.2:11).

i know i can't explain EVERYTHING, but i do know anyone who seeks the truth will find it. God doesn't wants us walking around blindly. now i answered his question ,not of my own, but with God's Holy Spirit. because that's the ONLY way i would be able to help those who's seeking. at least...i gave those who's seeking, something to ponder over.

instead of mildly trying to insult, someone who's trying to help. i wasn't sent here to attack anyone. if i came that way, it would be of the devil. you say i'm "narror minded", because i try to bring the truth. you gotta come a little harder that that. to say i'm wrong, first you got to prove you're right. much love, peace
I think the burden of proof goes both ways.

You believe in your God, right? I don't. To me, he's just as "paranormal" as some of my beliefs are to you.

I believe in what i've seen and experienced. Other things, i'm willing to admit to a possibility but until I experience it up close and personal I shall remain my usual skeptical self.

You, in what i've gathered from your posts, just blame everything on demons and leave it at that. Really? That does seem rather narrow minded or should I say, closed minded.

It's not my intention to insult you. I would just like to get you to entertain the notion that there is more than currently meets the eye in this world.

Just because we have yet to explain certain things doesn't mean they don't exist. Just because you haven't seen certain things doesn't mean they are not real. I've never seen the Great Wall of China but I don't question that it's real.

Blessed be.

Old 03-09-2012, 08:06 AM

1,028 posts, read 1,192,131 times
In some cases the evil possession is only in people's heads......... rather than in the surrounding environment, but that's another story

anyway to all universe-souls and l mean .....all.... get the best in everything....be positive

Old 03-10-2012, 09:30 AM

4,486 posts, read 4,725,391 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by miticoman View Post
In some cases the evil possession is only in people's heads......... rather than in the surrounding environment, but that's another story

anyway to all universe-souls and l mean .....all.... get the best in everything....be positive
The surrounding environment does play a large part in many cases.

Just go and read some of the "Satan is picking on me" type threads in this forum and you'll see what I mean.

WARNING! Contents may cause bouts of disbelief or extreme laughter.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Unexplained Mysteries and Paranormal