U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Unexplained Mysteries and Paranormal
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Search Forums  (Advanced)
Reply Start New Thread
 
Old 02-21-2012, 02:52 PM
 
Location: Sinking in the Great Salt Lake
13,145 posts, read 20,404,237 times
Reputation: 14042

Advertisements


U.F.O DISCLOSURE PROJECT -FULL VERSION - YouTube

If so, why do we keep letting "kooks and Cranks" fly commerical airlines, military warplanes, run air traffic control towers, handle nuclear weapons, get top secret clearances, get elected into office, work on top secret weapons development, ect, ect?

If you still think there isn't something to the UFO phenomenon, I challenge you to watch this entire video and and give us a reasonable, earthbound explanation for all the witness testimony and documentation presented in the video.
Rate this post positively Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

 
Old 02-21-2012, 06:51 PM
 
Location: Golden, CO
2,108 posts, read 2,628,497 times
Reputation: 1022
Who makes the argument that only Kooks and Cranks see Unidentified Flying Objects? I think that is a straw man argument, because I don't think anyone says that.

Heck, even I have seen things that appeared to be flying that I had no idea what it was, and still don't know what it was. I, of course, don't jump to the conclusion that it was an extraterrestrial spaceship either.
Rate this post positively Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 02-21-2012, 09:58 PM
 
28,716 posts, read 31,363,299 times
Reputation: 29826
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hueffenhardt View Post
Who makes the argument that only Kooks and Cranks see Unidentified Flying Objects? I think that is a straw man argument, because I don't think anyone says that..
That's what I was thinking. I have seen UFOs and my sister and a friend of mine have also seen UFOs. For whatever reason, UFO sightings are becoming more and more common.
Rate this post positively Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 02-21-2012, 10:32 PM
 
Location: Sinking in the Great Salt Lake
13,145 posts, read 20,404,237 times
Reputation: 14042
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hueffenhardt View Post
Who makes the argument that only Kooks and Cranks see Unidentified Flying Objects? I think that is a straw man argument, because I don't think anyone says that.

Heck, even I have seen things that appeared to be flying that I had no idea what it was, and still don't know what it was. I, of course, don't jump to the conclusion that it was an extraterrestrial spaceship either.
One person immediately comes to mind...


Stephen Hawking on UFOs - YouTube

But just about anyone who's been following UFOs has certainly noticed a change in the winds, and only the most old-school, institutionally entrenched scientists, mass media outlets and government officials insist on continuing to play the denial game. That the Disclosure Project could even come about says a lot about how the world has changed... secrets simply can't be kept for long in this day and age and despite the mountains of B.S. on the subject there is simply too much evidence to ignore any longer.

And as far as jumping to conclusions, you are absolutely right... we shouldn't just assume UFOs are space vehicles piloted by extraterrestrials (though it is still a possibility). But it's time the powers that be at least acknowledge something is going on, however baffling it may be.

Last edited by Chango; 02-21-2012 at 10:46 PM..
Rate this post positively Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 02-21-2012, 10:59 PM
 
6,540 posts, read 10,681,786 times
Reputation: 5078
Yes, there is certainly "something" to this. I haven't even come close to getting the "big picture" when it comes to this topic yet (and probably never will), but there is without a doubt a real phenomenon going on here.

What really caught my attention was when Dr. Steven Greer stated in one of his many videos that most "close encounters" occur during a person's dreams. According to Greer (and others like him) there is a way to communicate directly to folks through their consciousness without using words or symbols (and many of the ETs "out there" are well aware of this ability and have the technology to do this).

As silly and as crazy as this may sound to some folks, I have my own personal reasons for believing that there is some truth to this. I don't actually buy everything that Dr. Greer says; but when it comes to close encounters during dreams; I am a FIRM believer of that much.

Getting back to the Disclosure video...
The testimony of Dr. Carol Rosin is the one that raised my eyebrows the most. Here is her testimony by itself.


Dr. Carol Rosin in the Disclosure Project - YouTube

^^^In this video, she stated that the "final card" from our military will be the "extraterrestrial threat". 9 years later, our military released the following video.


UFOs - National Press Club - September 27th 2010 - UFOs Disabled Nukes - CNN Live.mp4.flv - YouTube

And let's not forget about this 2008 bombshell that the Vatican dropped on us...


Vatican Prepares World For "Future Alien Contact" - YouTube

So why is there still such a "big secret" status with this topic?

IMO, it probably has to do with the Disclosure Project testimony of Clifford Stone.


Aliens - Sgt. Clifford Stone goes public about 57 species - YouTube

^^^It's "OK" when we all think that "ET" looks like this. However, a human looking ET would debunk (and in some ways, explain) science and religion both at the same time. Talk about a double whammy on our ego-driven and VERY powerful institutions. And what if ET has loooooooong evolved beyond the need of a pointless scarcity based monetary system and patriotism based war conflicts (OUCH!!!!). Talk about an unwelcomed guest to planet Earth huh? Maybe that's why Hollywood always cast the "alien" as some kind of hostile "creature" who wants to eat us (allow me to adjust my tinfoil hat for a second). Ok, here goes. "Somebody" in a very high place and OUT of the public eye wants us to fear ET for his/her own best interests. There, I've said it. Let the buffoonery, ridicule, and lampooning of urbancharlotte commence.
Rate this post positively Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 02-21-2012, 11:16 PM
 
Location: South Africa
5,563 posts, read 6,624,445 times
Reputation: 1787
The one question I have is why so many UFO sightings in the US? We occasionally have one or two here that make the news.
Rate this post positively Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 02-21-2012, 11:27 PM
 
6,540 posts, read 10,681,786 times
Reputation: 5078
Quote:
Originally Posted by SeekerSA View Post
The one question I have is why so many UFO sightings in the US? We occasionally have one or two here that make the news.
Actually, one of the most famous and well documented "mass sightings/close encounters" took place just to the north of you.


62 School Children Encounter a UFO | Zimbabwe 1994 - YouTube
Rate this post positively Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 02-21-2012, 11:35 PM
 
Location: South Africa
5,563 posts, read 6,624,445 times
Reputation: 1787
One in the last 20 years - yeah you get my meaning

I am sure there is a rational explanation anyway, usually there is.
Rate this post positively Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 02-22-2012, 04:55 AM
 
7,801 posts, read 5,639,628 times
Reputation: 2979
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chango View Post
If so, why do we keep letting "kooks and Cranks" fly commerical airlines, military warplanes, run air traffic control towers, handle nuclear weapons, get top secret clearances, get elected into office, work on top secret weapons development, ect, ect?
Good question but I doubt the answer to the question is that there is "something to" UFOs. Our political systems are just broken is all. We elect unqualified and corrupt idiots to office based on whether we like their tie quicker than we do based on their politics, education or abilities.

Again though this is an attribute of the political system and popular culture, not on the alien origins of UFOs.

What I do find comical though in the UFO discussion is that people who spend much of their time talking about what corrupt and inept individuals politicians are will... in a conversation about UFOs.... start citing political credentials as if it supports their opinions on UFOs.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chango View Post
If you still think there isn't something to the UFO phenomenon
What could there be to it. You do know what the U stands for right? "Unidentified". That is all. Many people see flying objects all the time which they then do not identify. That is all a UFO is. If I throw a ball and you see it and see that it is a ball... then it is a ball. If I throw a ball and due to the light or some other factor you can not quite make out that it is a ball... then it is a UFO. A flying object... which you have not identified.

The issue is when people can not identify it... so therefore they can. "That object was a UFO... unidentified... therefore it was a spaceship" is a complete nonsensical non sequitur. As soon as someone says they saw a UFO then the conversation is over. You know all there is to know from that person. They saw an object. It was apparently flying. They did not identify what it was. Conversation done.
Rate this post positively Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 02-22-2012, 06:13 AM
 
Location: UK
121 posts, read 146,947 times
Reputation: 27
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chango View Post

U.F.O DISCLOSURE PROJECT -FULL VERSION - YouTube

If so, why do we keep letting "kooks and Cranks" fly commerical airlines, military warplanes, run air traffic control towers, handle nuclear weapons, get top secret clearances, get elected into office, work on top secret weapons development, ect, ect?

If you still think there isn't something to the UFO phenomenon, I challenge you to watch this entire video and and give us a reasonable, earthbound explanation for all the witness testimony and documentation presented in the video.
I was just wondering what has happened to this project after a decade of its launching? It is well over 10 years now since May 2001; President Bush has left and we now have President Obama, and who next?

But do we have any disclosure from the authorities on UFO matters; any effort to disarm or use space to launch nuclear weapons; any improvement in using alternative fuel source etc?

Is this Disclosure Project another Blue Book Project that would be dumped later with inconclusive remarks? Still we have loads of skeptics and are divided as before on this subject; are they using the 'Divide and Rule' tactics to do wahtever they want with the accquired extra-terrestial technology?
Rate this post positively Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.


Reply
Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Message:

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Unexplained Mysteries and Paranormal
Similar Threads

All times are GMT -6.

© 2005-2021, Advameg, Inc. · Please obey Forum Rules · Terms of Use and Privacy Policy · Bug Bounty

City-Data.com - Contact Us - Archive 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30, 31, 32, 33, 34, 35, 36, 37 - Top