U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Happy Mother`s Day to all Moms!
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Unexplained Mysteries and Paranormal
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-13-2012, 07:54 PM

62 posts, read 93,561 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by sheena12 View Post
Why do they appear in some pictures - taken around some people, and at certain times, and yet in the same exact place at a different time, do not appear?
I would say for the exact same reason that you or I would not always be in the exact same place all the time. Spirits need to keep themselves occupied as well. I think a lot of the "silly" things they do is simply an attempt to keep themselves amused. In other words, I believe that spirits can become bored the same as humans can.
Rate this post positively Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-13-2012, 07:57 PM

To be honest, in THIS case I really do believe the "orbs" are being caused by airborne dust particles being illuminated by the camera's sensor. Now, don't get me wrong, I am NOT saying that orbs are always dust, just in this case they appear to be. The difference in size and intensity can be attributed to different sized particles.

Old 09-13-2012, 07:59 PM

Quote:
Any one get any feelings from these orbs? Other photos taken in the attic show no orbs. It is not believable to me in the least that dust particles would cluster only in one area of the attic of a 2500 square foot home. It makes no sense whatsoever.
I honestly think that there may have been an area that was dustier than the others that got disturbed in this case. It really DOES look like airborne dust to me.

Old 09-13-2012, 08:05 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by virgode View Post
Thanks for posting this.

I never bought all the skepticism and dust particles theory.
Then explain why "orbs" have become a much more widespread phenomenon since the advent of low cost digital cameras? I'm assuming the photo was taken with a digicam, I'd be much more convinced if it were taken with an old-school 35MM SLR.

Old 09-13-2012, 08:11 PM

Quote:
It really has nothing to do with cameras. Or dust.
Sure it does, SOMETIMES. For instance, I am way more likely to get photos with orbs in them from my phone's 8MP camera than I am with my 5MP dedicated digicam, simply because the dedicated digicam has higher quality optics and a better sensor; plus the lens is less likely to be covered in pocket lint.

Note my use of the word SOMETIMES.

Old 09-14-2012, 02:19 AM

20,805 posts, read 26,097,618 times
Sometimes it might. We're not buying that one anymore though.

Old 09-14-2012, 01:04 PM

26,030 posts, read 19,159,574 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dave12308 View Post
To be honest, in THIS case I really do believe the "orbs" are being caused by airborne dust particles being illuminated by the camera's sensor. Now, don't get me wrong, I am NOT saying that orbs are always dust, just in this case they appear to be. The difference in size and intensity can be attributed to different sized particles.
This. I'm not much of a believer in what most call "orbs" in the spiritual sense. I think, more often than not, they are dust. Not to say it can't ever happen...just think if it does, it is extremely rare.

New house...seems to make sense dust would unsettle.

Old 09-14-2012, 03:12 PM

11,792 posts, read 8,176,820 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Three Wolves In Snow View Post
This. I'm not much of a believer in what most call "orbs" in the spiritual sense. I think, more often than not, they are dust. Not to say it can't ever happen...just think if it does, it is extremely rare.

New house...seems to make sense dust would unsettle.
I've seen one in a caravan!

Now, the land that it was on, that's another story.

Old 01-09-2013, 03:09 AM

65 posts, read 99,336 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lamplight View Post
I'm curious as to why so many will immediately write off the most obvious explanation, dust, in favor of something much more fantastic.
Here's why I write off the "obvious" explanation: I've seen one with my naked eyes, and so has my husband. You'll never understand until you see one for yourself. I had never heard of an "orb" until one appeared in front of me in November 2010. My husband saw one in November 2012. Both were seen in the bedroom in the wee hours before dawn. They both appeared after prayer. I think they are from God. Angels. Not dust. Angels.

Old 01-09-2013, 06:17 AM

749 posts, read 2,913,357 times
All of the "orb" photos I've ever seen take place in a house where the resident spends more time investigating "supernatural" phenomena rather than cleaning said house. That attic looks old, with old carpet that probably hasn't seen a cleaning in a while.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Unexplained Mysteries and Paranormal