Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Unexplained Mysteries and Paranormal
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-10-2013, 07:54 PM

9,726 posts, read 16,733,562 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by AndyPanda View Post
Here's why I write off the "obvious" explanation: I've seen one with my naked eyes, and so has my husband. You'll never understand until you see one for yourself. I had never heard of an "orb" until one appeared in front of me in November 2010. My husband saw one in November 2012. Both were seen in the bedroom in the wee hours before dawn. They both appeared after prayer. I think they are from God. Angels. Not dust. Angels.
You're right, I won't understand until I see one myself in person. Or I should say, unless I see one. I'm sorry, but I can't look at a picture that looks exactly like dust being lit by a camera flash and immediately assume it's something much less believable.

But let's assume they are spirits. Why would a spirit be visible through a camera (after the photo was taken) but not to the naked eye? Cameras are man-made devices with many physical limitations, and generally less capable than the human eye at seeing what's in front of them. If anything it seems a spirit would be visible in person, but not show up on camera.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-11-2013, 11:57 AM

2,294 posts, read 3,427,156 times
In photos 001 and 002 there is an Angel to the left of the fireplace.

Old 01-17-2013, 02:53 AM

69 posts, read 140,347 times
Default Orbs

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lamplight View Post
You're right, I won't understand until I see one myself in person. Or I should say, unless I see one. I'm sorry, but I can't look at a picture that looks exactly like dust being lit by a camera flash and immediately assume it's something much less believable.

But let's assume they are spirits. Why would a spirit be visible through a camera (after the photo was taken) but not to the naked eye? Cameras are man-made devices with many physical limitations, and generally less capable than the human eye at seeing what's in front of them. If anything it seems a spirit would be visible in person, but not show up on camera.

Actually, most digital cameras can see into the infra-red spectrum far better than human eyes. I don't know how they (orbs) operate, but Klaus Heinemann wrote a very interesting book, "The Orb Project". He has a PhD in physics and does contract work for NASA and he has done many experiments trying to determine what orbs are and how they show up on camera. He believes they are fluorescent and absorb photons from the flash, and then quickly release the light straight back into the camera. He is working under the presumption that the orbs are spirits. His work is very compelling. You can get a used copy of his book on Amazon pretty cheap if I recall. He thinks the orbs exist in the infra-red spectrum, and his rationale seems as plausible as anyone's.

I have done experiments with "stereo" photography. By which I mean I used two cameras side-by-side, so it's not true stereo, but close enough. In several pictures, I got the same orbs in both cameras. That would be astronomically insane odds if it were merely dust. After taking somewhere in the neighborhood of 12,000 photos over the past 2 years, I have been able observe the patterns that these orbs display. The circumstances in which they show up, and when they don't. For instance, they are extremely active when people are sick or suffering. Very numerous, bright and in motion, leaving visible trails behind.

The orb that I saw in November of 2010 hovered in front of me, about 16 feet away, for approximately 4 minutes. It was luminous, white, about 6 inches in diameter, had three rings in it like a bulls-eye. It looked thin, flat and transparent, two-dimensional. It had an interior motion, like an undulation, or a slow moving liquid. When it went away, it just slowly faded away over a period of about 15 seconds. Like turning down a dimmer switch. It was the most astonishing thing I've ever seen, or probably will ever see. It's what got me interested in photographing them. I had never heard of "orbs" before that. I can tell you that in real life they look exactly like they do in photographs. Exactly. I realize they look like dust does in pictures. I agree with you on that. I don't know why dust and orbs look alike. Maybe it's a disguise.

If all I had to go on was a few random pictures of "circles of light", I think I would just write them off as dust, too. But I have seen, and now I believe! And now that my husband has seen one (Nov. 19, 2012, 3:30 am) he is a believer too!
Attached Thumbnails
Many Orbs in photos of new home" Anyone with experience?-1-20-12-4.jpg   Many Orbs in photos of new home" Anyone with experience?-giant-2-copy.jpg   Many Orbs in photos of new home" Anyone with experience?-hpim5081.jpg   Many Orbs in photos of new home" Anyone with experience?-246-copy.jpg  

Old 01-17-2013, 02:41 PM

2,117 posts, read 1,879,773 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sheena12 View Post
I do not believe orbs are anything but a result of lighting, reflections and dust. Most serious paranormal researchers won't even include them in their portfolios of evidence.

Old 01-17-2013, 09:04 PM

9,726 posts, read 16,733,562 times
Quote:
Actually, most digital cameras can see into the infra-red spectrum far better than human eyes. I don't know how they (orbs) operate, but Klaus Heinemann wrote a very interesting book, "The Orb Project". He has a PhD in physics and does contract work for NASA and he has done many experiments trying to determine what orbs are and how they show up on camera. He believes they are fluorescent and absorb photons from the flash, and then quickly release the light straight back into the camera. He is working under the presumption that the orbs are spirits. His work is very compelling. You can get a used copy of his book on Amazon pretty cheap if I recall. He thinks the orbs exist in the infra-red spectrum, and his rationale seems as plausible as anyone's.

I have done experiments with "stereo" photography. By which I mean I used two cameras side-by-side, so it's not true stereo, but close enough. In several pictures, I got the same orbs in both cameras. That would be astronomically insane odds if it were merely dust. After taking somewhere in the neighborhood of 12,000 photos over the past 2 years, I have been able observe the patterns that these orbs display. The circumstances in which they show up, and when they don't. For instance, they are extremely active when people are sick or suffering. Very numerous, bright and in motion, leaving visible trails behind.

The orb that I saw in November of 2010 hovered in front of me, about 16 feet away, for approximately 4 minutes. It was luminous, white, about 6 inches in diameter, had three rings in it like a bulls-eye. It looked thin, flat and transparent, two-dimensional. It had an interior motion, like an undulation, or a slow moving liquid. When it went away, it just slowly faded away over a period of about 15 seconds. Like turning down a dimmer switch. It was the most astonishing thing I've ever seen, or probably will ever see. It's what got me interested in photographing them. I had never heard of "orbs" before that. I can tell you that in real life they look exactly like they do in photographs. Exactly. I realize they look like dust does in pictures. I agree with you on that. I don't know why dust and orbs look alike. Maybe it's a disguise.

If all I had to go on was a few random pictures of "circles of light", I think I would just write them off as dust, too. But I have seen, and now I believe! And now that my husband has seen one (Nov. 19, 2012, 3:30 am) he is a believer too!
Do you have any photos of orbs that were taken without a camera flash?

Old 01-21-2013, 06:28 AM

2 posts, read 6,990 times
Smile Orbs.

Quote:
Originally Posted by jmarkey View Post
I'm so glad I came upon this thread, as something happened yesterday that really bothers me.

I babysit my twin 2 year old granddaughters. I have a video camera set up for when they go in for a nap. There's about a half hour of horseplay before they go to sleep and I watch to make sure no one's trying to climb out of their cribs. I use the monitor every day and turn it off once they're asleep, clicking it on once in awhile to make sure everything's okay.

Yesterday, for the first time, there was a huge amount of orb activity. Big, small, fast, slow, changing directions - all different sizes, intensity, and movement. I really think if this had happened before I would have seen it. The girls had no reaction and the orbs were all over the room, not just around their cribs. After they left I turned the monitor on and there was nothing. This really disturbs me.

We've been in this house for two and a half years and it's very comfortable. No bumps in the night, disturbances, etc. Any opinions or information would be a help. Thanks!
What kind of monitor do you use? .. in the childrens room? I was just reading about the orbs.. i have them too here in myhome.. would like to use a simple monitor but dont know what kind to get.. hope you dont mind me asking..

Old 01-21-2013, 06:41 AM

2 posts, read 6,990 times
For AndyPanda.=) ... just out of curiosity.. what is up curtain in the 2nd photo ? I like the photos.. I do believe in Orbs.. the ones in your pictures seem to be more like a ghost.. I watch Hauntings and see alot of that in the documentaries...

Old 01-21-2013, 01:55 PM

69 posts, read 140,347 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by CowgirlPJ View Post
For AndyPanda.=) ... just out of curiosity.. what is up curtain in the 2nd photo ? I like the photos.. I do believe in Orbs.. the ones in your pictures seem to be more like a ghost.. I watch Hauntings and see alot of that in the documentaries...
Do you mean the bulge behind the curtain? There's a couple of house plants back there. Nothing supernatural! I have an amazing collection of orb photos. These are the tip of the iceberg. My husband and I have both seen them with the naked eye now. They are real. I wish I could get that across to all the skeptics out there. I have never gotten the impression that they are ghosts. They seem to be another kind of spirit altogether. Not that I'm some kind of "expert". Who can truly know about such things?

Old 01-21-2013, 11:51 PM

4,526 posts, read 6,084,230 times
Quote:
Do you mean the bulge behind the curtain? There's a couple of house plants back there. Nothing supernatural! I have an amazing collection of orb photos. These are the tip of the iceberg. My husband and I have both seen them with the naked eye now. They are real. I wish I could get that across to all the skeptics out there. I have never gotten the impression that they are ghosts. They seem to be another kind of spirit altogether. Not that I'm some kind of "expert". Who can truly know about such things?
good points--skeptics even if they may see one or two will ignore them or write them off as a fluke of unknown light source(one of my kids did this even tho these orbs appeared in a hallway with no nearby light source)

Old 12-18-2013, 08:12 PM

1 posts, read 2,852 times
Fantastic! There is a similar pic on a show called "my ghost story caught on tape" where a couple firefighters took a pic in a cemetery as they were saluting a fellow fallen officer.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Unexplained Mysteries and Paranormal