U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Happy Mother`s Day to all Moms!
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Unexplained Mysteries and Paranormal
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 06-02-2012, 09:25 PM

9,336 posts, read 20,219,237 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by sheena12 View Post
Orbs are called dust particles by some. I don't think so. I am sure that they are indicative of spirit manifestation.

If you think they are dust or something like that, I've already heard it.

For those of you who believe as I do, but would like to tell me more, please do!

How can you tell if the Orbs are benevolent - or not?

Why do they appear in some pictures - taken around some people, and at certain times, and yet in the same exact place at a different time, do not appear?

When you are looking at a house to buy, and they appear, are they welcoming you, or not? How can you tell?

These Orbs were white, some more translucent, others more opaque.

I can post the pictures if anyone is interested.

If you look at me profile picture i have one of a giant orb that i took on the Gettysburg battlefield.
Rate this post positively Quick reply to this message

Old 06-03-2012, 01:51 AM

20,816 posts, read 26,115,357 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by luksky View Post
I've always been intriqued about the spirit world and have done a lot of research and study on it through the years. I have always been skeptical of the orbs within digital photography. They can be so easily explained away as dust, moisture, etc.

That said, I did have an experience several years ago that is worth mentioning.

I had taken a photo of my daughter who at the time was around 3 years old. It was an adorable picture so my husband dowloaded it as a backround wallpaper pic on my desk top computer.

Late one night after everyone went to bed I sat down at my computer to check some emails before I followed behind. It had been a long day and I sat down in the dark in my computer desk chair and stared into the computer screen at the wallpaper pic of my little girl.

All of a sudden I noticed something on the picture...a flaw of some kind. As I looked closer at it I noticed it was an orb of light above her right shoulder. As I stared at it trying to figure out what it was I noticed that it looked to be face in the orb staring back at me. It really freaked me out because I was in total darkness except for the computer screen light and I was the only one awake in the house.

If that picture had not been uploaded and enlarged in light onto my computer screen I probably would have never noticed the orb.

After that night, I made a point to look at all the pictures I had previously taken of my family. One thing I noticed was that it was only pictures of my daughter that had "weird stuff" in it...like mists, vortexes, and orbs. My older son, my husband and my pictures taken with the same camera at the same time never had anything out of the ordinary in them.

To this day any orbs we ever find are only found in the pictures we take that include her. I guess you could call it coincidental, but even the skeptic in me just finds it plain weird that only the pics of her includes orbs and other unexplained images.....

This is why I know it is not just dust.

Accounts such as these.

Old 06-03-2012, 12:53 PM

900 posts, read 1,567,458 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by minibrings View Post
If you look at me profile picture i have one of a giant orb that i took on the Gettysburg battlefield.
That is a cool picture

Old 06-03-2012, 12:59 PM

900 posts, read 1,567,458 times
Quote:
This is why I know it is not just dust.

Accounts such as these.
Im on the fence about orbs. When I first read this thread I looked through all the pictures on my camera phone , I love to take pictures so there are nearly 200. No orbs in any.Later I noticed a picture on my fridge has an orb in it. It was taken in a hotel room. Not sure if it is anything but Im just sceptical because out of 200 (nearly) pictures why no orbs. Though the above post where the lady says only pictures she gets with orbs are the ones with her daughter. Its interesting

Old 06-05-2012, 02:01 PM

1,075 posts, read 871,108 times
Quote:
Ok, let me start off by saying I"m totally a believer in these things and I don't dismiss them off hand.

Orbs are not something that are always the same thing in every picture or every situation. They can be one thing in one circumstance and something else in another. So saying "what are they" " what do they mean" is VERY situational!

That being said, I believe most of your pictures are not anything spiritual. Most of them look and feel like they are just light flares or dust. Sorry, I know you don't want to hear that, but I"m only giving you my opinion based on my own feelings and intuition.

HOWEVER, picture #18 is VERY intrigueing! the one with the fireplace and that light object in the middle of the room that almost looks like someone sitting "indian" style on the floor. THAT has a feeling of someone there! Not being inside the house I cannot get a true feeling of it's intent or even if it's anything at all. But I think that is something to investigate.

If you're concerned about spirits or entities in the house, you should do a smudging of the house. There are lots of wonderful rituals out there for doing this for every religion. If you are wanting to discover what/who it is, then I'd also suggest looking for a ritual of protection before you try communicating with it... there are also many rituals for every religious path out there so you can easily find one that fits your particular belief.

Old 06-06-2012, 02:44 PM

20,816 posts, read 26,115,357 times
Picture 18 just looked like a reflection of the brass around the fire place to me.

The orbs there are odd.

Now not closing until January but I want to bless the house or something.

Did some research about it. It was built in 1910. The land was purchaced from the Commonwealth of PA.

The first owner was a woman - alone! In fact, it had to say that she was a widow so she could buy it! Her name was Tryphena.

Tryphena and her husband had no children. When she died, the house passed to her husband.

With in two years he married a second woman named Tryphena!

Not sure if this is an unexplained mystery, but it sure is strange.

Old 06-06-2012, 03:21 PM

4,178 posts, read 9,895,207 times
When we took the kids to Williamsburg many years ago, they had just dug up a skeleton; it was inside of a glass 'coffin' and no archaeologist or forensic examiner had gotten around to looking at it yet. We dutifully lined up to take pictures. In my son's photo of the skeleton, you could see some sort of ethereal glow around the whole thing, and even make out something that looked like a body covered in armor. We kidded him about catching more reflection off of the glass and surrounding displays than the skeleton itself. None of our other pictures had any anomalies, reflections, or glows.

Several years later we were reading that the examiners had discovered that it was a soldier's body, and that he had apparently been shot in the leg with a musket ball and had died of infection.

Old 06-06-2012, 04:25 PM

11,792 posts, read 8,181,944 times
Quote:
Orbs are called dust particles by some. I don't think so. I am sure that they are indicative of spirit manifestation.

If you think they are dust or something like that, I've already heard it.

For those of you who believe as I do, but would like to tell me more, please do!

How can you tell if the Orbs are benevolent - or not?

Why do they appear in some pictures - taken around some people, and at certain times, and yet in the same exact place at a different time, do not appear?

When you are looking at a house to buy, and they appear, are they welcoming you, or not? How can you tell?

These Orbs were white, some more translucent, others more opaque.

I can post the pictures if anyone is interested.
Those that think they are dust particles, have not seen them with their own eyes!

Old 06-06-2012, 06:45 PM

4,527 posts, read 5,450,281 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BECLAZONE View Post
Those that think they are dust particles, have not seen them with their own eyes!

o true nor have they watch them move about purposefully

Old 06-07-2012, 07:56 PM

8,819 posts, read 10,567,370 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LivingDeadGirl View Post
The issue of orbs becomes more interesting if you have ever seen moving orbs captured on infra-red camera, and observed people or animals reacting to them. There are no flash cameras or lights involved to produce the orb. It is very interesting.
Do you have links to such?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Unexplained Mysteries and Paranormal