Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Unexplained Mysteries and Paranormal
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 06-08-2012, 10:28 AM

1,959 posts, read 3,089,123 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by 11thHour View Post
Do you have links to such?

Home
Quick reply to this message

Old 06-10-2012, 12:07 AM

1,881 posts, read 3,340,012 times
i used to be an investigator with a local paranormal group and we went into some nationally known haunted spots in los angeles to give tours to other groups. i noticed that "orbs" are not at all uncommon, and contrary to what many think, are, 99 percent of the time, dust in the air. its funny how you find that most often in old buildings- which could be haunted, sure, but its most likely dust.

i actually stopped investigating because getting through the morass of people who believed that every orb was a ghost and every sound was paranormal was tiring. i think that less than 5 percent of what is thought of immediately as paranormal is in fact NOT. i think its important, especially if you investigate these things, that you keep your feet on the ground. the idea is not to debunk every mystery, but just most of them, to get to that rare instance of actual paranormal phenom. because it DOES exist. but deflecting attention away from the real stuff for the sake of investigating things like orbs really is a time waster and does not get us closer to any answers. if you want to believe that, fine, but remember, there are actual manifestations that could be occurring while you are too busy marveling over a few dust particles.

Old 06-10-2012, 12:09 AM

1,881 posts, read 3,340,012 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BECLAZONE View Post
Those that think they are dust particles, have not seen them with their own eyes!
yeah, actually, i have. except, when refracted through the lens of a camera, it tends to give them a halo, or an orb if you will.

Old 06-10-2012, 11:42 AM

18,439 posts, read 18,572,333 times
loads of so called orbs are caused by dust or humidity... this one however I didnt notice at first..until a friend asked what the pink thing was,,,I thought it was a rosebud but its attached to nothing, taken in the Rosslyn Chapel in Midlothian. spooky strange place where ma camera shutter went all strange as if sand in it while taking photis, my husbands new watch stopped in there. and a Japanese tourist behind me saw me checking my camera and said his had broken too.. I tripped all over the place stumbling about. theres something very strange in that place, used in the Da Vinci Code film.... have a look at this.. Ive taken thousands of photos over the years and never seen anything like this .. unexplainable as took more at that angle and nothing at all in them..

and the apprentice pillar with a story behind that as well..

Old 07-24-2012, 07:34 AM

19 posts, read 19,750 times
I had an interesting experience one night a few years ago. I don't remember why, but I was outside on the street I grew up on ( was probably out for a late walk or something...it was dark, and I remember it was after 11 ) and I turned to look up towards the opposite end of the street, and a little ball of light, about the size of a golf ball, suddenly came up to me. It was right in the middle of the street, and about 6 feet up, just over my own height ( I'm 5'8. ) It hovered there for a short time, and floated back up the street and out of sight...it moved VERY quickly, and stayed right in the middle of the street the entire time. It was very bright....a whiteish, yellowish color. And it absolutely freaked me out lol.

Old 07-24-2012, 10:45 AM

23,884 posts, read 32,174,126 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by thefatman1045 View Post
I had an interesting experience one night a few years ago. I don't remember why, but I was outside on the street I grew up on ( was probably out for a late walk or something...it was dark, and I remember it was after 11 ) and I turned to look up towards the opposite end of the street, and a little ball of light, about the size of a golf ball, suddenly came up to me. It was right in the middle of the street, and about 6 feet up, just over my own height ( I'm 5'8. ) It hovered there for a short time, and floated back up the street and out of sight...it moved VERY quickly, and stayed right in the middle of the street the entire time. It was very bright....a whiteish, yellowish color. And it absolutely freaked me out lol.

That would have absolutely freaked me out! I have never seen anything like that myself.
Did you do any research into the area?

Old 07-24-2012, 12:33 PM

19 posts, read 19,750 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sheena12 View Post
That would have absolutely freaked me out! I have never seen anything like that myself.
Did you do any research into the area?
Yes. The only thing even remotely relevant that I could find was that the little neighborhood across the ravine was once home to a military shooting range pre-WWII, and during was converted into homes for soldiers who were wounded in battle.

Old 07-24-2012, 11:29 PM

8,436 posts, read 10,856,044 times
I have the monitor for my outside security camera , sitting on top of my file cabinet , next to my desk.
The camera is mounted on my roof.
Very often at night, I see many of these orbs moving about.
They vary in size and color, but I only see them if the air outside is damp.
It must be something to do with the humidity level.
I sure don't believe they are spirits bombarding my house.
Bob.

Old 07-24-2012, 11:45 PM

8,436 posts, read 10,856,044 times
below is a picture that was taken at my partner's funeral in 1992.
I am standing at the end of the casket.
You can make out his body lying in the casket in the lower right, behind those two smaller bright lights.
Those bright light were (I was later told by an expert in the field) the spirit of my deceased partner.
The light travels from his face toward me.
Now for a little background concerning this picture.
It was taken in the funeral home, in a private room.
There were no windows in that room, and because it was a private service, the one door was closed.
The only light came from the ceiling light, and there was nothing in the room for the ceiling light to reflect off of.
The picture as you can see, was taken without a flash.
Note how the light fades when it touches me.

Bob.

Old 07-28-2012, 10:34 PM

4,176 posts, read 10,654,642 times
In SC, there were two places we knew of that had those strange moving balls of light, out in the open, both down dark and unpaved streets.

One was called "The Summerville Light", near where I grew up, and the other was called "The Frogmore Light" near Beaufort, SC. The stories we heard about them were very similar; people driving down those roads would have their cars suddenly shut off, and 'the light' would be seen, moving rapidly toward and over them, then either shoot straight up into the trees or disappear into the surrounding landscape. It was rumored about both that they were the spirits of Civil War soldiers.
Of course we as kids and then the following generations used these as ghost stories to scare each other. Until...

A friend of mine, a big redneck country boy who worked in his uncle's garage, had to go pick up an old school bus that had stopped on the side of the road, and had been left there til the tow truck could come. (It was a privately-owned school bus that did not transport children, but migrant workers). My friend got there just at dusk. He hooked up the tow truck and then heard a noise in the bus (it was dark by then). He got on the bus to see if maybe a migrant worker was still left, maybe sleeping on the bus. He saw a big - about 2 feet wide - ball of light come over the field, and come into the open door of the bus. It raced down the center aisle (he ducked as it flew over his head) and disappeared out the (closed) back door. This big ol' redneck RAN to his truck, cranked it, and took off, towing the bus all the way back to the garage as fast as he could go. The next day as he told us about it, he was as white as a sheet and shaking...
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Unexplained Mysteries and Paranormal