Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Unexplained Mysteries and Paranormal
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-04-2012, 02:28 PM

3,113 posts, read 8,376,099 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by sheena12 View Post
Why do they appear in some pictures - taken around some people, and at certain times, and yet in the same exact place at a different time, do not appear?
If they appear in some photos and not in others, then obviously the conditions were not identical.

The technical term in photography is Circle of Confusion - here are some images.

Any competent professional photographer can make them appear.

It's just basic science...
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-04-2012, 03:04 PM

15,446 posts, read 21,339,457 times
I get orbs all the time in the videos produced by my security cameras. Here's one small one I posted not long ago.
//www.city-data.com/forum/relig...l#post19560873

I have one video where a huge orb seemingly responded to my touch and shot away as I stuck my hand into its space. These always appear in the front living room of an old west Texas farm house we purchased about three years ago. "Water droplets" in or on the lens have never been found. To find water on a camera lens here in the bone dry south high plains would be more exciting than a ghost.

This old farm house has a bullet hole in the front door and dates back to at least the 1940s and the last owner died in a motorcycle crash a few miles from here. They always appear very early in the morning before dawn but they never set off the motion sensors in the security cameras. I have no idea what they are but I'm not yet ready to say they are spiritual or even paranormal.

Old 03-06-2012, 06:16 AM

4,705 posts, read 25,287,634 times
You were shooting to photo toward a window with bright sun on the other side. Orbs are a form of lens flare.
I'm a home inspector, and when I take photos in the attic, the flash will sometimes show the thousands of dust specks from the insulation I have kicked up crawling. I'm pretty sure the speck in the attic photos are dust and not some lost soul.

I'm guessing if you took a photo in that attic at dust, you would not have orbs.

Old 03-11-2012, 12:17 AM

10,229 posts, read 16,292,638 times
I took a creepy photograph of a "half-house" in New Orleans last April that has an orb or two that just seems to "fit". (Half-houses are the old slave quarters in back of master houses.)

If I can motivate myself to do so, I'll grab the disk and download it for you. I don't save pics in the computer.

Old 03-17-2012, 05:35 PM

1,034 posts, read 1,798,388 times
what's with orbs?
Orbs - The Sceptical Approach

Old 03-17-2012, 07:51 PM

16,077 posts, read 28,543,386 times
Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by bouncethelight View Post
If they appear in some photos and not in others, then obviously the conditions were not identical.

The technical term in photography is Circle of Confusion - here are some images.

Any competent professional photographer can make them appear.

It's just basic science...
The circles in the photo link look camera created, are all uniform in size compared to Sheena's photo of various size and transparency.

Sheena, Did you find this house after posting about the tarot card under the sofa cushion?

Old 03-18-2012, 03:30 PM

24,094 posts, read 32,431,870 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by virgode View Post
The circles in the photo link look camera created, are all uniform in size compared to Sheena's photo of various size and transparency.

Sheena, Did you find this house after posting about the tarot card under the sofa cushion?
Yes, we did. Why? Is that bad?

Old 03-18-2012, 05:31 PM

16,077 posts, read 28,543,386 times
Quote:
Yes, we did. Why? Is that bad?
No. The card was right. Don't you interpret it that way?

Old 03-19-2012, 03:21 AM

6,931 posts, read 6,862,904 times
Could be that orbs are a convenient way to travel if you are an energy being. I have no doubt that some are dust or camera artifacts too. The trouble is that no-one with any money really wants to know about other-world beings and there is certainly no money to be made in investigating it.

Old 03-19-2012, 09:31 PM

13,138 posts, read 22,802,225 times
Quote:
Orbs are called dust particles by some. I don't think so. I am sure that they are indicative of spirit manifestation.

If you think they are dust or something like that, I've already heard it.

For those of you who believe as I do, but would like to tell me more, please do!

How can you tell if the Orbs are benevolent - or not?

Why do they appear in some pictures - taken around some people, and at certain times, and yet in the same exact place at a different time, do not appear?

When you are looking at a house to buy, and they appear, are they welcoming you, or not? How can you tell?

These Orbs were white, some more translucent, others more opaque.

I can post the pictures if anyone is interested.
I'm a believer who lives in a honest-to-god haunted house where I've heard disembodied voices & weird sounds, seen apparitions on three occasions and seen objects move on their own... and I believe orbs are just dust.

Not everything is supernatural. Just sayin'
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Unexplained Mysteries and Paranormal