Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Unexplained Mysteries and Paranormal
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-15-2012, 03:40 PM

4,526 posts, read 6,084,230 times

Advertisements

i've seen orbs with the naked eye in a non dusty place---they do exsist!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-20-2012, 10:00 AM

4,486 posts, read 5,222,075 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chango View Post
I'm a believer who lives in a honest-to-god haunted house where I've heard disembodied voices & weird sounds, seen apparitions on three occasions and seen objects move on their own... and I believe orbs are just dust.

Not everything is supernatural. Just sayin'
Welcome to the "they're here" club!

Our house isn't haunted, the surrounding land is. Not surprising considering that we're surrounded by Ute burial grounds and this farm has been here since at least 1865 when the house was built.

Old 04-20-2012, 10:34 AM

499 posts, read 580,567 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sheena12 View Post
Not good or evil. Without a doubt not dust.

Some orbs may be negative, others positive. Like people.

I think that skeptics really go out on a limb when they call all orbs "dust" - talk about being unrealistic.
I've been reading most of this thread with great interest. I've never seen orbs in photos but have seen them in real life. I live in a 1930's built house and know from the deeds that no one has ever died here and nothing nasty has ever happened The house was built on land that was originally a garden nursery (training for young ladies in the 'twenties)
I woke suddenly one night and on the wall were two bright orbs, like lights, they were so bright. I didn't feel frightened, in fact I felt very calm, after a while of watching them I went back to sleep. Several weeks later, I again awoke in the night and for some strange reason felt the urge to sit on the edge of the bed. This I did and saw the same two (I think) orbs on the floor. I was curious and put my bare foot on one, the orb just appeared on my foot. I don't know what to make of it as I don't know what they are, there was definately no light coming into the room from outside, we have thick dark lined curtains. I have to admit I have had other instances of 'seeing' and 'hearing' things. I keep an open mind on it.

Last edited by quenelle; 04-20-2012 at 11:01 AM..

Old 04-20-2012, 01:34 PM

4,526 posts, read 6,084,230 times
as to orbs--have seen them twice outdoors(observed them moving about(not fireflies)---twas at night in a country cemetary behind a friends house---always over the same 2 headstones--this area is totally dark in the evening

also 4 yrs ago i rented a newly built home---frequent orbs seen in area to right of the porch---also in the country and not anywhere near a street lamp----odd thing here was these orbs were always followed by crashing sounds in the house as though books were being dropped on the tile floors----often occuring next to myself or family member---startled us every time

on the positive side---in this same house i could often feel an animal walking around my feet and ankles and settling down next to my feet----this we all became used to

Old 04-20-2012, 04:19 PM

588 posts, read 1,014,597 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by virgode View Post
I never bought all the skepticism and dust particles theory.
You never BOUGHT it? But you buy that it's a ghost? There is a well understood (well, by some people, anyway) explanation for this, and can be recreated easily. It's not a theory, there's nothing to buy, it's a proven fact.

More proof that people believe this stuff because they want to, it's a lifestyle choice. I suppose when you see heat radiating off the ground on a hot day, that's probably some spirits or something too.

Old 04-20-2012, 04:36 PM

16,408 posts, read 33,292,576 times
I went on a Ghost Tour in Las Vegas and got lots of photos with orbs! None of my other photos had orbs.

Old 04-20-2012, 06:24 PM

815 posts, read 2,051,606 times
If you get orbs in photos while on a ghost tour in Las Vegas (City of deception, I know, I live here) it means one very specific thing!! You MUST increase the salary of those poor, downtrodden (by you) Long Island teachers. The orbs have spoken, heed their desire!!

Old 04-20-2012, 07:36 PM

3,720 posts, read 9,994,639 times
I used to have a camera that about half the photos were filled with orbs. I got a new camera, they are all gone. I guess the ghosts didn't like my new camera. That being said, I do believe in the possibility of ghosts.

Old 04-20-2012, 09:19 PM

24,095 posts, read 32,437,200 times
It really has nothing to do with cameras. Or dust.

Old 04-21-2012, 04:19 AM

661 posts, read 2,895,607 times
I'm so glad I came upon this thread, as something happened yesterday that really bothers me.

I babysit my twin 2 year old granddaughters. I have a video camera set up for when they go in for a nap. There's about a half hour of horseplay before they go to sleep and I watch to make sure no one's trying to climb out of their cribs. I use the monitor every day and turn it off once they're asleep, clicking it on once in awhile to make sure everything's okay.

Yesterday, for the first time, there was a huge amount of orb activity. Big, small, fast, slow, changing directions - all different sizes, intensity, and movement. I really think if this had happened before I would have seen it. The girls had no reaction and the orbs were all over the room, not just around their cribs. After they left I turned the monitor on and there was nothing. This really disturbs me.

We've been in this house for two and a half years and it's very comfortable. No bumps in the night, disturbances, etc. Any opinions or information would be a help. Thanks!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Unexplained Mysteries and Paranormal